It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation as a means to resist the light?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Several years ago, I read Whitley Strieber's "The Key". Whitley is the person that first introduced me to the greys. It made a huge impression on me.

In "The Key", which is presented as a work of non-fiction, Strieber talks about how a strange little man knocked on the door of his Toronto hotel, and then proceeded to deliver a message of advice involving the present and the future.

He advised Streiber to dedicate himself to a meditation program partly because it would help him resist the light in the astral planes in the afterlife. Strieber, a catholic, expressed the idea that he thought the light was something to be welcomed. The little man suggested otherwise.

Is it possibly true that working diligently on mediation over time might give us the strength to resist being drawn to the light , a light that leads to yet another incarnation for the benefit of the so-called archons?
edit on 17-2-2014 by droid56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Just a thought. If the light was real and therefore a God and a Devil did exist, then wouldn't you as a the Devil try to have people to believe otherwise?

Secondly you cannot go towards the light. You do not choose it,it chooses you!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

droid56
Several years ago, I read Whitley Strieber's "The Key". Whitley is the person that first introduced me to the greys. It made a huge impression on me.

In "The Key", which is presented as a work of non-fiction, Strieber talks about how a strange little man knocked on the door of his Toronto hotel, and then proceeded to deliver a message of advice involving the present and the future.

He advised Streiber to dedicate himself to a meditation program partly because it would help him resist the light in the astral planes in the afterlife. Strieber, a catholic, expressed the idea that he thought the light was something to be welcomed. The little man suggested otherwise.

Is it possibly true that working diligently on mediation over time might give us the strength to resist being drawn to the light , a light that leads to yet another incarnation for the benefit of the so-called archons?
edit on 17-2-2014 by droid56 because: (no reason given)

So if you resist the light, then what. What happens to you? Where do you go?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

If you resist the light, at least you don't continue to be recycled for others' benefit. But what are the alternatives, or even if there is an alternative, is a big question mark.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
"The Key" you said? I might want to check this book out. This is interesting, I have long suspected that the Greys are the antithesis of the light at the end of the tunnel. The problem with this light is that it blinds us to real cause-and-effect. The benefit of this light is complicated.

The problem with the Greys is that they are spiritually starving because they don't have access to this light, in fact, they don't like it because it blinds them to real cause and effect. That is how I look at it.

Meditation to resist this particular light makes a lot of sense because the meditation is what clears your mind of attachments, and this light is specifically built around attachments as a method of Magic, kind of, or maybe it is exactly Magic. You can get trapped in this light easily, trapped in a maze of delusions so grand that it even warps what we observe with our senses -

Rationalism vs. Empiricism. The creators of (Western) religions must have been Great Magicians in order to make something that powerful. We see a similar Magic being practiced with Corporations.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

MadMax9
reply to post by droid56

Just a thought. If the light was real and therefore a God and a Devil did exist, then wouldn't you as a the Devil try to have people to believe otherwise?

The Greys are probably demons, I have come to that conclusion a while back.

droid56
If you resist the light, at least you don't continue to be recycled for others' benefit. But what are the alternatives, or even if there is an alternative, is a big question mark.

I think the alternative might be worse. I think in the alternative case, there is no ability to manifest using your own spiritual energy. So if there is no outside energy source, you could potentially suffocate. It sounds dangerous.

It is similar to... going to work during the day, doing a 9-5. It gives you the money you need to manifest things like food and whatnot. So let's say you replace that with some kind of overarching benefit system instead so that you have a lot of time now and the ability to enjoy the moment, but all of the money you get comes from other sources - that puts you at the mercy of the will of the others - and if the energy (err money) source is cut, you are suddenly out of luck,

Hard to know. Although meditation can break you from the whole cycle and make it easier to know what is important or not. I was doing pretty decent at it until recently. There was a large wave of fear that I couldn't defend against well enough.

Oh - if you want to be closed-minded go for the light at the end of the tunnel, the whole point is that you are supposed to reincarnate over and over again, it's kind of like a game to keep your mind occupied with dualities, until you are done - but supposedly the alternative is similar to what I was saying, no conflict, I dunno.

It is hard to know. What is the alternative? I know a lot about duality, but still have some questions about non-duality even when I practice it.

The whole choice between the two is... the essence of this, I think. I guess it really is an issue that there is no way to have both at the same time.
edit on 17amMon, 17 Feb 2014 01:09:03 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 17amMon, 17 Feb 2014 01:11:49 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Interesting topic.

I have always found meditation to bring in the light from the top... And then the energy shoots up from the bottom..

Meditation does offer a way into the inside of yourself which offers more control over your will, so that can help with anything you want to do.
I have heard that man say that before (avoid the light)on coast to coast probably. He never really expanded on that point. He is content on just saying it's bad, but why? I've personally always favored light over darkness. Maybe I follow Lucifer who knows? Maybe there is more than one light? Maybe it's all just metaphors of what a mind thinks is happening when one dies?
I sometimes wonder if the light is just reincarnation.

Personally I have issues with Strieber's stories.

A song about the question. He seems to agree about avoiding the light.

edit on 17-2-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The light and the dark. They don't matter whichever way you choose. Does it matter what the difference between the light and the dark are? There's no way to find the dark and there's no light to find. They're both personification's in you're own head people use to distinguish good from bad like black and white. However not everything is black and white now is it?

I don't believe in the dark and light but I know that the colour grey is around here somewhere.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You can talk about the light and the dark, but I just want to get free from what holds us in the grip of the matrix.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

droid56
You can talk about the light and the dark, but I just want to get free from what holds us in the grip of the matrix.

Meditation can definitely do that, and what holds us in the grip of the Matrix is attachments, the problem is that a lot of these are social constructs - that is the problem I run into, at least.

The whole challenge of resisting attachments comes from socialization, in my opinion, where you have to believe certain delusions in order to fit in, socialize and even get resources like food, water and shelter. A big one is acceptance from others.

I guess this is what I mean by the other option, you could detach from a lot of things, but it might have ramifications - and some of them might even be long-term.

I often find myself thinking like the Merovingian from The Matrix. And then I start realizing why people meditate in small doses instead of constantly - the moments of clarity are quite helpful and can go a long way in cleansing and seeing things realistically.

But what happens when seeing things realistically puts you in conflict with how others in society think? I have no clue. Where I am at right now is I experience a lot of fear because I do see things clearly, but I get punished for expressing that. It can take a lot of energy for me to go forth into the world maintaining clarity, especially as I get older I find.

Unless you have A LOT of balls. You really do have to figure out how to support yourself and get stability at some point. You would have to literally be willing to give up everything and live on the street at any time to get rid of attachments all the way. At least the choice is there.
edit on 17amMon, 17 Feb 2014 01:27:48 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

droid56
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

In Buddist thought, the whole goal of meditation and enlightenment are to be free of the cycle of karma and rebirth. So perhaps there is something to it.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

I just finished reading the Tibetan book of the dead, or bardo tödol.. It speaks of different lights in different fases after death.
You could read that to have a bit more understanding of attachements and their grip on you on the moment of passing on and after you have died.
Meditation is definitely a way to learn to be focussed, when alive and when you die. My head is still spinning a bit from what I've read in the tibetan book of the dead and I most likely will read it a few more times in the coming years.

Very interesting topic!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
(My first attempt to post this didn't seem to take. Please excuse if this turns out to be redundant.)

I'm not a fan of Strieber and I believe that the stories that people whom have Near Death Experiences are basically correct as far as typical human reasoning and reality allows.

We can sort of turn this argument around if we assume that the "light" is a return of our soul, being, consciousness, etc. to some former state that is, for want of a more definite term and descriptor, Heaven. It is a good place to be, where we come from and where we will be again. But as those that return from NDE experiences report, it is not to be directly sought, but more or less earned by continuing to live. Incarnated as humans, we should not be taking the easy way out. And when the enviable time comes to expire, one with some knowledge of this reward system can help pave the way toward easy access to the light and not get hung up along the way as ghost themselves or hassled by lost, unsettled entities.

Demons and nasty spirits are part of most religions yet their existence and purpose are not really fully addressed as an aspect of this world or some other place. As religions fall away in these times, we have better insights into these entities thanks to some of the early spiritualists, the works of Robert Monroe and a growing multitude of people experiment with Ayahuasca, etc. (If you want to argue that these entities positively do not exist, you have to sufficiently explain why, on the other hand, angels do exist. You can't allow the one without the other.)

Meditation is the answer for us all, but few will heed its call. It's free and quite simple in process but requires some diligence and acceptance of what presents itself none of which is fiercesome and most of which is insightful to personal character and development. It requires a certain degree of self-awareness to know that one should get involved in doing it and that self-awareness will blossom such as no other type of self-help book or procedure can ever provide.

Basically, the situation is simple. We all live in a physical environment with our bodies. If we develop higher states of consciousness or simply die, we pass into another phase of existence outside the physical realm. If you acknowledge that there is some form of afterlife, then you should not confine it merely to Heaven and Hell. (At this stage in this discussion perhaps a light [pun not intended] should be dawning in your mind that, "Oh, the religious concepts taught about Heaven and Hell are nothing more than generalizations about what lays beyond but altered and embellished by religions.)

I will add a further point that will not be well received but it comes more readily to the fore each passing day as we stand confused and wondering of where in the physical world in terms of all aspects of it are we heading and what it means to us personally. In various ways, the comforts of the materialistic world are being taken away from us based upon the argument that inequalities across the human race are unjust and to bring the unequal up to par, the wealth of the better off must be shared. But that is just a sham, something that can be understood in physical terms. The real goal is not and cannot even be considered at this time. It is too unimaginable to the average human at the current state of its perceived reality in this current existence.

What is really at play is that we are being driven from our hunger for sating only our physical, materialistic, appetites to a place of refuge within the mind, to an individual, intensely personal, state of being, in a word, bliss. Forced by physical and psychological pressures, we can connect to that pinnacle of the meditational experience, the universal consciousness that is available to us one and all, the Oneness. But if I were a betting man, I would say that 99.9 per cent of humans would chose death (even as it is seen in most cultures today) rather than chose that journey. I think it not unimaginable for most of humanity as the fate chosen by blind obedience to materialism.

Most readers of this will assume I'm talking about transforming into an extreme of lifestyle that contains nothing more than a bowl for alms/rice (for someone else to fill), a loincloth and a shady tree. Not exactly. There are many people in the world today that have found a haven in the ultimate bliss but yet remain with one foot in fairly typical human actions and interactions, surviving, and the better for it. View such a situation as current religions are viewed. You may go to a place of conventional worship on a designated day of the week to reaffirm you faith but move within the mainstream of society and culture in other days, carrying your understanding into that world that is alien to pure thought.

top topics

join