It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PRICELESS!! A Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Those of you who know of the comedian Jeff Foxworthy probably remember "Here's Your Sign". I just stumbled across this article that uses the same premise -- however it's based on "A Country Founded by Geniuses but Run by Idiots".

It is funny to an extent, but it really does make you realize how jacked up things are. Actually it reminds me of the movie Idiocracy (which if you haven't seen, please do).

Anyway here ya go -- enjoy

By: Jeff Foxworthy

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you have to get your parents’ permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin in school, but not to get an abortion — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the government wants to prevent stable, law-abiding citizens from owning gun magazines that hold more than ten rounds, but gives twenty F-16 fighter jets to the crazy new leaders in Egypt — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If, in the nation’s largest city, you can buy two 16-ounce sodas, but not one 24-ounce soda, because 24-ounces of a sugary drink might make you fat — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If an 80-year-old woman or a three-year-old girl who is confined to a wheelchair can be strip-searched by the TSA at the airport, but a woman in a burka or a hijab is only subject to having her neck and head searched — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If a seven-year-old boy can be thrown out of school for saying his teacher is “cute,” but hosting a sexual exploration or diversity class in grade school is perfectly acceptable — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion, while not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If the government’s plan for getting people back to work is to provide incentives for not working, by granting 99 weeks of unemployment checks, without any requirement to prove that gainful employment was diligently sought, but couldn’t be found — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If you pay your mortgage faithfully, denying yourself the newest big-screen TV, while your neighbor buys iPhones, time shares, a wall-sized do-it-all plasma screen TV and new cars, and the government forgives his debt when he defaults on his mortgage — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If being stripped of your Constitutional right to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

What a country!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I like Foxworthy a lot, he's very funny. But no one will take this seriously, as serious as this article is, because it's written by a hillbilly.

My husband believes that the nation thinks hillbillies are just a bunch of idiots, even when they are smart because of where they are from...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

iamhobo

If being stripped of your Constitutional right to defend yourself makes you more “safe” according to the government — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

What a country!

If you live in a country where there are SCUM BAGS that will actually ENFORCE free speech zones, stop and frisk, monitor all forms of communication, etc. You might live in a nation founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

The biggest problem with all of it are the COPS that ACTIVELY enforce with force all the anti Free Republic actions AGAINST the people.

Actually knowing there are SCUM BAGS that enforce Free Speech Zones..

Had that happened before, the Scum Bags would have been rightfully Tarred and Feathered..

Heck, I ... aw never mind.. T&C violation awaits my elaboration..

just to think that people taking to the streets is what needs done, yet there are SCUM BAGS who actively enforce Free Speech zones!! WTF!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

The problem is that people cannot take care of themselves. They are all tied to the t*t of the government and terrified of everything being taken away.

No one can do anything for themselves, so they are very very afraid of being out of the "system", so they allow themselves to be corralled and controlled at the whim of another.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Posted before.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
These genius's built the systems that they are using to take us over with.

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Bill Engvall does "Here's your sign", Jeff Foxworthy does "You might be a redneck".

Just sayin'. Poor Bill never gets any credit.

edit on 2 16 2014 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Thank God I don't live in that country. Mine was founded by a genius is still run by a genius. I live in my own country within a country.

Any guesses?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

Sounds bigoted. Mexican Native Americans called the southwest of what is now the United States and most of what is now Mexico their ancestral homeland. A bunch of Europeans show up and now they have to cross a border cutting through the middle of their ancestral land "illegally" to be with members of their tribes.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Jeff Foxworthy never said any of this. It's just email spam.

Here's the snopes link: www.snopes.com...
edit on 17-2-2014 by curme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by curme

Doesn't change the fact that we're a nation founded by geniuses but are run by idiots.

Also, here's one that Bill inspired:

"If you enact a healthcare bill but failed miserably costing millions upon millions, here's your sign".

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

curme
Jeff Foxworthy never said any of this. It's just email spam.

Here's the snopes link: www.snopes.com...
edit on 17-2-2014 by curme because: (no reason given)

Post should be moved to the hoax bin, since it is based on a fake email, and it maligns Jeff Foxworthy. I'm guessing he would vehemently deny the bigotry in the jokes.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BiffTurkenton

Here is another, recently inspired:

If you read this:

And your one thought is "bigoted" then you might have empowered the idiots to run the country that was founded by geniuses.

BTW. I am Muslim and I don't see anything but truth written, I don't see bigotry anywhere in the OP you so vehemently despise.
edit on 17-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I agree - on December 23rd 1913 the Federal Reserve act was passed - this is the initial proof that your country is run by idiots.

Oh, and according to the idiots, your country was NOT founded by Geniuses - it was founded by terrorists.

God bless America.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
If you live in a country where everyone complains, but no one does anything about it...well...you know the rest.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Was it REALLY founded by geniuses?

I wonder what a Native American's answer might be to that question.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Its funny but a lot of people would interpret that as pro-authoritarian. Like for example, needing government permission to hunt of fish. LOL, how are you supposed to live without government permission to hunt or fish when they say no? Oh thats right, by being dependent on the corporate America food system. You don't need a license to hunt out Monsanto corn chips at the grocery store even though GMO corn is more harmful than hunting, because "Monsanto is fighting for your rights for you".
edit on 17-2-2014 by fractal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PaJoe52

Well if you ask me, the scam they pulled on the Natives to "appropriate" their land was genius level. Either that or the Natives were EXTREMELY gullible since this theft of land continued for something like 150+ years. I'd like to believe that the Natives weren't that stupid.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by iamhobo

I like Foxworthy a lot, he's very funny. But no one will take this seriously, as serious as this article is, because it's written by a hillbilly.

My husband believes that the nation thinks hillbillies are just a bunch of idiots, even when they are smart because of where they are from...

I agree with your husband.
Some of the smartest people I've met were "hillbillies" from Appalachia. When you have to live off the land and make do with little and improvise things to do other things, you tend to have to be smart. Although many of these people may be uneducated (although you would be surprised, I know more than one PhD that lives off the mountain), that does not make them stupid.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

MadMax9
reply to post by iamhobo

Thank God I don't live in that country. Mine was founded by a genius is still run by a genius. I live in my own country within a country.

Any guesses?

Well it certainly can't be Australia, the genius part is a dead give away there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join