It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greeting card from past or future?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This has been about the strangest day in my history of breathing. My ex husband and I have been divorced for more than 6 years now, and today he calls and ask me about a strang card he had found while going though some boxes in his closet. The card reads as if we were expecting a child soon, and then its signed by me. I had also signed our daughters name, but not our sons, and then there was an additional boys name. We only have the two children and so this is really working on my brain. Because a while back I kept having dreams about this precious little blonde haired baby boy.
But why would I sign this card with my name, our daughters name, leave out our sons name, and add another boy name? All while seemingly expecting another child???
It reads as if we had another son and were also expecting yet another...
He brought the card by to me and sure enough its my writting without a doubt.
Any thoughts please...

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Well that is freakin wild! Neither of you have seen this before? Carbon dating is the only solution I have for you, see how old it is.

Very mystified,

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Who was the card intended for, that may help jar your memory loose. Do you have occasional blackout periods?.Drinking, medication, or health conditions that would account for such an odd lapse of memory.
Parker

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
How old are your children? If your daughter is older, it could make sense. Could it be you had a named picked out for your son but decided not to go with? Just shooting ideas around here. Also, what would make you think it would be from the future? I'm a little confused on the title.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What occasion was the card for?

Who was the intended recipient?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Very interesting!

And I have no idea how to answer this,

But maybe this is just the start of something?
Maybe this card has been found now for a reason

Also try looking up the meaning of the child name, and ask around the family for relatives who have died etc and see if theirs any connection there,

Also where did he find this card, how long has he lived in that house etc?

Could there be any connection to the house, maybe get him to check out the history of thew house and look for the boys name connected to it,

Just a few ideas,

Asala

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hi Again,

Our son is 13 and daughter is 7. So it really makes no sense. Neither of us"my ex nor I" remember ever seeing this card. It was a fathers day card. Made by american greeting card company. How do I find out when it was printed ect...?
Also to the health...perfect health, never any meds or black outs.
I do however see things and then they always come true. When I see something i'm awake and its like a vision that just flashes in my daydream like state mindset.
People in my family are austounded at the results of the things I see and how they have remained accurate for all these years. Does'nt happen often but when it does you can bet it will come true. No matter how sad.
At first thought..I had the feeling that I knew this name of the child on the card and that somehow he was connected to the dreams about the boy. I'm just not sure.
Thanks everyone for trying to help me. Your insight is very much appreciated

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
How old are your children? If your daughter is older, it could make sense. Could it be you had a named picked out for your son but decided not to go with? Just shooting ideas around here. Also, what would make you think it would be from the future? I'm a little confused on the title.

Well if from the furure that would explain alot. That would mean our son was grown and sending his own fathers day cards, and that we had gotten back together and had two more children, first the son that the name appears on the card and also the one that I would be carring at the time the card was signed....
Seems that would be a possible answer.
If from the past...who knows. Memories erased? That would also mean we have two children out there somewhere and thats too sad to think of.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The only idea I have to offer is Somnambulism (otherwise known as 'Sleepwalking').

Certain sufferers do more than just 'walk' in their sleep. I remember watching a TV show once that had video recorded somnambulists doing 'normal' things during sleep - such as making a sandwich, cleaning the room etc. Watching the video later, they had no idea that they had been doing these things.

Is it possible that you had been dreaming of these children and spontaneously suffered an instant of somnambulism ? It would explain how the card was in your handwriting, how it had the different names on it and how you have no memory of writing it.

The term somnambulism comes from the Latin words for sleep (somnus) and walking (ambulus). A typical sleepwalking episode is rather short. Sleepwalkers may simply appear awake, or exhibit complicated activity such as driving a car, while asleep.

Somnambulism

Sleep Walking, Sleep Talking, and Sleep Eating

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
The only idea I have to offer is Somnambulism (otherwise known as 'Sleepwalking').

Certain sufferers do more than just 'walk' in their sleep. I remember watching a TV show once that had video recorded somnambulists doing 'normal' things during sleep - such as making a sandwich, cleaning the room etc. Watching the video later, they had no idea that they had been doing these things.

Is it possible that you had been dreaming of these children and spontaneously suffered an instant of somnambulism ? It would explain how the card was in your handwriting, how it had the different names on it and how you have no memory of writing it.

The term somnambulism comes from the Latin words for sleep (somnus) and walking (ambulus). A typical sleepwalking episode is rather short. Sleepwalkers may simply appear awake, or exhibit complicated activity such as driving a car, while asleep.

Somnambulism

Sleep Walking, Sleep Talking, and Sleep Eating

I have never had a prblem with sleep walking and why would my ex also not remember the card.???

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
Well that is freakin wild! Neither of you have seen this before? Carbon dating is the only solution I have for you, see how old it is.

Very mystified,

-ADHDsux4me

carbon dating isnt very accurate at all. if anything, if it was carbon dated, it could read anywhere from yesterday to 100 years ago.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Is it possible your ex is really desperate to get back together, and forged your handwriting, in order to get you to think about a future together? I know its difficult to forge handwriting extensively and persuasively, but with single-minded (obsessive?) determination, perhaps it could be done. I know it sounds like a weird thing to do, but some people have gone to what seems like extraordinary lengths in pursuit of an obsession.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
maybe your ex never saw the card?

also, maybe someone forged your signature, writing, etc., just as a prank. Dunno, just a suggestion

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
Is it possible your ex is really desperate to get back together, and forged your handwriting, in order to get you to think about a future together? I know its difficult to forge handwriting extensively and persuasively, but with single-minded (obsessive?) determination, perhaps it could be done. I know it sounds like a weird thing to do, but some people have gone to what seems like extraordinary lengths in pursuit of an obsession.

This would be a good thought if we were not already back together. We have been seeing each other for the past few years, just not living together. Sounds pityfull, but it works for us. Thats another story indeed.

We love each other, just can't live together. And we never planned to have anymore children.

Beebo he brought me the card, so he did see it, and he saw it first.
Gosh we should keep going. We're on a roll in crossing out all possibilities. Surely we will get to the bottom of it yet.
Thank again everyone for your help.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
i meant maybe he never saw the card when it was written

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by krt1967
Well if from the furure that would explain alot. That would mean our son was grown and sending his own fathers day cards, and that we had gotten back together and had two more children, first the son that the name appears on the card and also the one that I would be carring at the time the card was signed....
Seems that would be a possible answer.
If from the past...who knows. Memories erased? That would also mean we have two children out there somewhere and thats too sad to think of.

Sounds like a Twilight Zone episode! One of life's curiosities I suppose. I wouldn't let the event guide your future decisions, but it'd be interesting to see how it plays out. Please keep posting any follow-up or other occurences.

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Beebo,

He did'nt remember the card as neither did I. But he had gone through these boxes before he moved into the cabin he lives in now. He had moved from his old house in the city, which we did not live together in. I had never packed any of his things, he packed everything himself when we seperated five years ago.
Since that time he has been through his things twice and repacked them for his move to the lake. He says the card was'nt in the box when he moved to the cabin from the house in the city. Like normal we go through things as we pack for a move to make the moving easier
less stuff. Lol

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
well than have him check out the history of the cabin on the lake. Or maybe you will have another kid that wasn't planed.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Every card ihave evr received has the price of the card on the back along with other info, so look on the back of the card to see how much it cost and then type in the rest of the info thats on there, i'm sure someone here will be able to decipher it for you. I'm looking at some old cards now I have saved and there are all kinds of codes on the back that probably means something only to the manufacturer, some have the names of the illustrater and writer on them, all have the cost in the USA and Canada.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm going with the idea of multiple personalities and a second family. It's plausible. But from a more spiritual point of view, this is very intriguing, seeing as how the card would just mysteriously appear, perhaps it was hidden by other items and/or out of view. Either way, you should investigate this more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join