It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My life in 3 boxes (possibly the last post for awhile)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

My heart goes out to ya, man. My prayers are with you and your family and I hope your problems are short lived. I wish there was something I could do to help but financially I'm just scraping by also. The fact that you would help another, if it were possible in your situation, really does say something about you. The absolute best of luck to you.

That made me think of something else though. Does anyone remember the bus lady who was treated badly by the kids and there was a site set up for donations to her? Well there are a lot of computer savvy people on this site who could do something similar, I'm not one of them myself. Why not set something up like that for ATS members to donate to to help others in our community. I hear so many people on here talk of how they would love to do this or that to help someone else, so lets find a way to start helping people instead of just moaning about how unfair the world is. Before anybody jumps in with 'that's stupid' or 'that won't work' its just an idea not a full blown plan.

That's my idea, anybody else got any?

peace

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

RichardA
reply to post by Komodo

My heart goes out to ya, man. My prayers are with you and your family and I hope your problems are short lived. I wish there was something I could do to help but financially I'm just scraping by also. The fact that you would help another, if it were possible in your situation, really does say something about you. The absolute best of luck to you.

That made me think of something else though. Does anyone remember the bus lady who was treated badly by the kids and there was a site set up for donations to her? Well there are a lot of computer savvy people on this site who could do something similar, I'm not one of them myself. Why not set something up like that for ATS members to donate to to help others in our community. I hear so many people on here talk of how they would love to do this or that to help someone else, so lets find a way to start helping people instead of just moaning about how unfair the world is. Before anybody jumps in with 'that's stupid' or 'that won't work' its just an idea not a full blown plan.

peace

Pay a $, a single dollar, I would do that into his bank account or wire some kind of cheque or electronic payment.

Its a kind gesture, will restore some humanity and who knows if its legit, the fella will get out of a bad situation or at least be able to bear with enough money to survive.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

panaque
Sorry to hear of your situation. You need some good legal advice because you have rights that are obviously being infringed upon. Here in Washington there is an attorney named Pat Palace who does a lot of good for us blue collar folks. I don't think he can practice in OR, but being he is in WA he most likely could advise you on who to call down there. Its a chance for hope, and all I can offer, but I think it could help you in the right direction. His law firms number is 1-253-627-3883. He does over the phone counseling for free and really likes to help the ones in need. Give him a call and good luck!

WAY cool~!

thanks so much~! I'll keep that # ..for just in case purposes..

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

RichardA
reply to post by Komodo

peace

Yes thoughts exactly, always has been ..

I"m definitely for this Idea.., this was actually something I was going to do when I realized I nearly could have the $$$$ to do so. Money may not help everyone but, at least we might be able to help those that truly need a hand up ..

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

old_god

RichardA
reply to post by Komodo

peace

Pay a $, a single dollar, I would do that into his bank account or wire some kind of cheque or electronic payment.

Its a kind gesture, will restore some humanity and who knows if its legit, the fella will get out of a bad situation or at least be able to bear with enough money to survive.

Same here....

and have when I had it

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thinking of you today Komodo

Best of luck and positive vibes heading your way, go get 'em

Cody

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I wish I could say something to make the situation better. I wish I could help out in some way to help you and your family. The truth is, you are far from alone. That doesn't really account for much when you are sitting where you are sitting, but it may help ease your mind down the road to know that there are many who have been there and were able to come back from it. Honestly, if it weren't for my in laws, my husband and I would have been in the same situation long ago. we did lose everything we had, but we did have somewhere to go, and while that wasn't what I always dreamed of, it was there and better than the street and I will be forever grateful for that. I hope and pray that you will find the same kind of benevolence somewhere during this time.

I would not be able to send much, but if you are ever in need for food or the like I will be glad to send what I can to help you. There is no reason any of us should have to feel like we are facing things like this alone.

Sending thoughts and prayers your way... for a better way, for you and your family. Hang in there the best you can and know that you are in the minds and hearts of so many here on ATS.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thanks for all the kind words ..it means a lot!..keeps my chin up.

UPDATE:

Court went really good! we had to go to mediation to work out an agreement with our landlord, who, by the way, is the best I've had in 30 years; we came to an agreement that we would move out on the 2nd of March and he's fine about the rent being paid, we gave each other our word that I would pay him back when I could and he would still give us a good reference.

Just like that, done & done. A short formal agreement was written up and all is well. I thought it was so awesome that our 'word' more than the piece of paper was what I felt was the most binding in the whole situation.

Big moving days coming up.
I'll be staying with a friend of mine and the wife will stay in town with a friend of a friend for now.

so far, still on the boards.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
I wish I could say something to make the situation better. I wish I could help out in some way to help you and your family. The truth is, you are far from alone. That doesn't really account for much when you are sitting where you are sitting, but it may help ease your mind down the road to know that there are many who have been there and were able to come back from it. Honestly, if it weren't for my in laws, my husband and I would have been in the same situation long ago. we did lose everything we had, but we did have somewhere to go, and while that wasn't what I always dreamed of, it was there and better than the street and I will be forever grateful for that. I hope and pray that you will find the same kind of benevolence somewhere during this time.

I would not be able to send much, but if you are ever in need for food or the like I will be glad to send what I can to help you. There is no reason any of us should have to feel like we are facing things like this alone.

Sending thoughts and prayers your way... for a better way, for you and your family. Hang in there the best you can and know that you are in the minds and hearts of so many here on ATS.

awww....!

thanks so much! I will keep you in mind if I need anything. Appreciate the thoughts and prayers and accepting each and every one of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

might be worth putting a add on graigslist room or whatever for some work done by wife or self driving cleaning babysitting etc

nothing ventured nothing gained and there is a lot of coffin dodgers with space looking for work

good luck

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Awesome news. Sometimes we always expect the worse,and instead it turns out ok. Hang in there,better things on the way.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Really pleased it all went so well for Komodo

And I have to agree that a mans word is worth (metaphorically) it's weight in gold

Good on you and I hope it pans out for the best and a lot faster than you hope for

Cody

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wow bro, you are taking all this like a very strong person. Much stronger person than I. Some things that you said made me think you were in Europe? Not that it has any bearing, I just know nothing of how things work there.i sincerely hope things get more back to normal for you both...SOON.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Hr2burn
Wow bro, you are taking all this like a very strong person. Much stronger person than I. Some things that you said made me think you were in Europe? Not that it has any bearing, I just know nothing of how things work there.i sincerely hope things get more back to normal for you both...SOON.

well.. thanks for that
I can't say it's a joy ride at any means.. but, I've literally moved every 3 years on a average for the last 37 years of my life...that's an average. Had to move 3 times in one year .. that totally sucked banana's LOL ..

However, this might take a while to get over since I've never have been injured on job in a very long time and no way for income to generate, at least for now.

Thanks and keep us in your prayers and thoughts..

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
UPDATE:

Yea.......

So, I'm sure it was because of the judicial way of doing things, that, just today, our landlord slapped us with a civil suit to pay $4,000.00....(I might have spoke to soon on giving our 'word' in a earlier post)

Also, found out today, the wifes place she had previously arranged to stay in a vacant bedroom, is now unavailable due to a family member moving in...

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and go around the churches in the area and see what we can come up with ...so far, a big church in 2 towns away doesn't have anything availble ..

I'll keep you posted..

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

look in the upmarket womens mags they always have live in jobs or place a add

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Keep,the spirits up. A closed door means you were headed in the wrong direction. As for your landlord,KARMA...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

You probably know this but I feel you need all the help you can get, so here is some solid and proven advice.
Copy every form not matter how mundane, do not hand over or mail anything unless you have a back up copy for your own personal files.

We have a 9 inch thick file here and it is compressed due to the years of collecting and copying all my medical files regarding my insurance claim.
We learned the hard way that when "they" ask for documentation you better have it on hand. Never hand anything over until you have the original or a very good copy of the information.
Keep one back and let them have the other.

I too had to deal with WC in Canada after slamming a fire door on my finger at work, minor surgery and I was only off for about 3 months but the paper work and actually getting paid took almost as long as my off time.

Trust me here, please keep all forms and medical records at home and never give anything to them unless you have a copy of the same.

I hope this all works out for you and we both wish you the best.

Regards, Iwinder & YogaGinns

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Iwinder
reply to post by Komodo

You probably know this but I feel you need all the help you can get, so here is some solid and proven advice.
Copy every form not matter how mundane, do not hand over or mail anything unless you have a back up copy for your own personal files.

We have a 9 inch thick file here and it is compressed due to the years of collecting and copying all my medical files regarding my insurance claim.
We learned the hard way that when "they" ask for documentation you better have it on hand. Never hand anything over until you have the original or a very good copy of the information.
Keep one back and let them have the other.

I too had to deal with WC in Canada after slamming a fire door on my finger at work, minor surgery and I was only off for about 3 months but the paper work and actually getting paid took almost as long as my off time.

Trust me here, please keep all forms and medical records at home and never give anything to them unless you have a copy of the same.

I hope this all works out for you and we both wish you the best.

Regards, Iwinder & YogaGinns

Thank you so much for this !

As of right now.. my lawyer has 90% of the paper work, so hopefully, she'll file it appropiately...this is SO crazy .. they never provided me with a Claim#, but sent me a denial letter and with it .. you got it.. a claim#.. THEN they sent me the letter I was SUPPOSE to get during the first week of injury.. stating that I'll be getting compensated till they review the case..

such efficiency !!
or rather ..

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

AccessDenied
reply to post by Komodo

Keep,the spirits up. A closed door means you were headed in the wrong direction. As for your landlord,KARMA...

yep ..

totally agree!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join