It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Wolves Change Rivers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

But we didn't do that. We didn't kill off the herd animals we tamed and domesticated them. We didnt cut down all the willows and we are actually working together for the good of the planet. It's not really all doom and gloom out there folks. Good things happen every day. We are by far not the worst thing for this planet. We are the children of this planet produced from its very womb we recognize our effects on the planet and we've made moves to decrease our footprint so to speak. It really bothers me when you guys put humans down. We are the gods and guards of earth. We don't suck. When it comes right down to it we're freakin great !

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
the human world is also wolves changing i.cgg.org... cdn-5.israel-a-history-of.com... we call them i052.radikal.ru... animals

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
“We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.”
― Henry Beston

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I went to school for a year [2010-2011] for Conservation Enforcement and the stuff like this was [and still is] the most awe inspiring part. I completed Zoology, Plant Taxonomy, Map and Aerial Photography, Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecology and many others. Tying all the respective fields into one practice, and seeing the implications of the tiniest things, was so inspiring. I spent hundreds of hours out in the coulées seeing this stuff in action and in person. Haha, one day I was meant to survey the coulée it was so cold that my GPS just stopped working altogether. Must've been -40 or so. I was out there sun or snow.

After I was done my studies I had to tell everyone about it. The funniest thing was, a lot of people thought that I was spouting weird new age/wicca mumbo jumbo. They didn't know how immensely complex and interconnected nature really is, and they thought I was a bit loony. I'd tell them the hypothetical story of a bird on a north slope as an invasive species spreads, and explain it as epically and poetically as possible. People told me it sounded like Hippy, First Nation, New Age babble... but it's true. What many people have been saying for centuries is true. But the white man didn't listen. Little did any of them know that all it takes to move a mountain, is to clear cut it.

Great video! I recommend everyone to learn a bit about this. Gives you a much greater respect and understanding of nature.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I am no fan of wolves. Yet, this is an impressive and logical view of things. As a trucker, deer have moved into the vermin status.

My only reservation to it is that seemingly inevitable slippery slope where it gets to the point where tree-huggers use chicken wire to protect trees from newly arriving beavers....(California, of course)

Balance is the key...something we seem to be incapable of as a society anymore....

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The state of Idaho allows year round hunting of wolves on private property. They tried to get it passed to allow bait to be used to hunt wolves but that was struck down, thankfully. They say it is to protect the dwindling elk herd. What the real story is, Idaho wants to have a large elk herd because they get a lot of money from hunters, especially out of state.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
interesting

The Circle of life !!

The Butterfly Effect is true as it seem!!!

Well in this case it is .. for big Predators ... changing the Course...

just like other with Humans changing the Course Example a Tragic Event in 1986 The Nuclear Power Plant Disaster Chernobyl .. The Wild life Flora and Fauna Flourished in Chernobyl and it Contaminated Area around.. tho a taint of of Radiated Mutations yet still Healthy..

Tho Wolves are doing their Job Their Too! ( Read On its interesting )

Chernobyl nuclear disaster site becomes a wildlife area, including over a hundred wolves (with updates)
By Ralph Maughan On December 31, 2012 ·
www.thewildlifenews.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Wow... I'm not gonna say anything just wow

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

No ecosystem on our ever-changing earth is permanent.

The ecosystem always always adapts to the living creatures that inhabit it.

Whether the creatures are sentient or not and whether the change is (in general opinion) good or bad is irrelevant because it is all natural.

The only constant is change...

Humans are the most effective catalysts of change in any environment that the world has ever seen.

If change is bad then humans are also.
If change is bad then Mother Nature is bad as well.

You can not fix this.

Sleep well in your home that you planted on the previous ecosystem....

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Great video - I hope it is true (9 years seems a little short).

It reminds me of 2 major dislikes of mine:

1. Commercial Fishermen.
Those who just rape the sea with no thoughts to conservation, they take everything and leave nothing. Nothing good can come of their activities in the long term.

2. Religion
Religion has no impact on the wolves, the beavers, the deer, the mountains, the trees, valleys and rivers of the Yellowstone National Park, yet they thrive without it. Yet us so called 'clever' Humans still accept it.

It also reminds me of two things I like, David Guetta and Sia - She Wolf and Duran Duran - Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf (but not the crap video).

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Your observations are indeed correct, since the reintroduction, I have seen this change in my own backyard first hand.

Granted I rarely see Elk anymore, and I shoot at any and all wolves that dare show themselves.

What makes one think this is a good thing? Ungulates are hard to find now. Do you agree with agenda 21? Why are you a misandronist?

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

That may be your misinformed opinion, but the fact is that is meat on the table for my family.

How would you like it if I supported regulations that restricted your ability to eat?

Oh that's right meat comes from the supermarket
edit on 16-2-2014 by Idahomie because: (no reason given)

####SNIPPED####

edit on 16-2-2014 by Idahomie because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Feb 17 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Thanks for the great read, I have never thought about how little things like this can affect whole ecosystem till now.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I watched the OP's video but, although a nice little wildlife short, it doesn't make the case at all for what the narration claims. I'm not disputing the claims. I'm just saying that the video scenes do not substantiate the claims in any way.

How about a few "before and after" pics?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Idahomie

lol what makes you think I am a misandronist? and yes i do agree with the implementation of Agenda 21. We live on a planet of finite resources yet our culture demands unteathered growth. The two do not go hand in hand we need more sustainable forms of living and we need to change the relationship we have with the earth if we are to survive on our home planet.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Not a problem at 63. I am entitled to my opinion. I don't make laws so how am I threat to you? And hunting for meat is a load of crap. I know how much it costs for one hunt with licenses, fees, camps, butchering. Going to the market is cheaper.

(post by Idahomie removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

If you hadn't realized it your support of agenda 21 makes you a misandronist.

How does that make me a misandronist. Have you ever even read any Agenda21. I spent 5 years with it in the background whilst studying a BSc in Env Science. I dont get why normal peeps would have a problem with it. There is nothing wrong with greening our planet. I would guess that certain peeps in finance sectors may have a problem with it and it does not always allow profit to come before planet.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You know, I think that comment to not breed is sexist and extremely rude X2, just because of a difference of opinion. I hope one of the moderators will notice. I don't care about your hunting, the conversation is about wolves. And you and I both know you Idhoans hate out of state hunters but love their money. Like I said, I don't care. But I did not think baiting for wolves was a fair idea and over the line.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join