It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to pitch $1B climate change 'resilience fund'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

President Obama will pitch a new $1 billion climate change resilience fund during a visit Friday to California.

thehill.com...

What ?

Where the hell is that 'billion' going to come from ?

Just gonna call up the Federal Reserve, and say hey boys,' I need another billion' to blow?

The administration's fund would invest in research to gather data on the impacts of climate change, help communities prepare for them and support innovative technologies and infrastructure to ready the country "in the face of a changing climate."

Here is a thought Obama?

Shhh listen up ?

How about using an executive order, and change Fema, and the DHS's mandates to cover 'Climate Change'.

We already blow enough money on those.

The new fund — separate from Obama's climate agenda announced in June — will be detailed in the president's 2015 budget, set for release next month.

Wait what ?

The new fund is separate from Obamas climate agenda ?

Nooooooooo really ?

Which brings us to a dose of Mencken:

[Roosevelt] was always... finding new victims to loot and new followers to reward, flouting common sense, and boldly denying its existence, demonstrating by his anti-logic that two and two made five, promising larger and larger slices of the moon. His career will greatly engage historians, if any good ones ever appear in America, but it will be of even more interest to psychologists. He was the first American to penetrate to the real depths of vulgar stupidity. He never made the mistake of overestimating the intelligence of the American mob. He was its unparalleled professor. April 15, 1945

en.wikiquote.org...

Replace Roosevelt with Obama.
edit on 14-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sounds like another "Sauce for the Goose" trick.

Now all the scientists can pluck the feathers and head for the bank deposit windows on time.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Another right wing whine thread....awesome..just what ATS needs. I mean it`s not like they are on here every day looking for any reason to bytch and moan..oh wait

I believe ATS should make an area just for right winger to voice "their" opinions. (although it is never actually their own thoughts or opinions..it is just parroted from right wing blogs, sites or talking heads..
)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Onslaught2996
Another right wing whine thread....awesome..just what ATS needs. I mean it`s not like they are on here every day looking for any reason to bytch and moan..oh wait

I believe ATS should make an area just for right winger to voice "their" opinions. (although it is never actually their own thoughts or opinions..it is just parroted from right wing blogs, sites or talking heads..
)

Mr. Obama? Is that you?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Onslaught2996

)

But without Limbaugh, I wouldn't know what to have for lunch...lol
Lets start a Capitalist/walmart bashing thread! We don't have enough of those either..

The mods need to do a survey, who's side are you on? Dems or GOP? It would be interesting to know which way this website leans.
edit on 14-2-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Maybe some will come from DARPAs budget they usually get about 3 billion a year. Somehow I doubt that though.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am sick of this #.

We are screwed. Why can't they just blow it all up?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is basically Obama reneging again on his promise to tackle climate change. This does nothing to mitigate or address the problem and 1B isn't going to dent the ever increasing natural disaster damage.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I don't think there is anything that can be done to alter climate change in the near future. Remember, the US is not the only nation in the world and we, alone, can not make any difference in supposed global warming/cooling. If climate warming is not a made up, money making, science, the most we can hope to do is see results many decades down the road, and that is if everyone in the world participates.

Obama is trying to shift focus off the economy, unemployment, health care, NSA, IRS, Fast and Furious, inadequate ambassador appointments, run away debt, and the ugly $12,000 skirt Michelle bought.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Onslaught2996

)

wow content free posting
you realy sink your self when you post like that..

anyway back to reality
this is just SUNCITY redux
Obama knows his supporters can't admit they are dupped everytime he opens his lawyer yap
anyone who falls for this belongs on the 1 in 4 americans believe the earth goes round the sun thread
edit on 15-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

The firms have reportedly received more than $500 million in federal grants and tax credits. Officials in two of them, Solar-City and SunRun, have been among some of Obama's most generous campaign donors.

The money these companies tapped into flowed from a $13 billion investment fund in Treasury that came from the president's economic stimulus program which has poured huge sums of money into clean energy programs across the country.

Obama has sunk billions of tax dollars into a scandal-ridden swamp of other energy deals that were crafted and promoted by administration business cronies who also were among his biggest fundraisers.

After an exhaustive analysis of thousands of memos, company records and internal e-mails about Obama's green-technology spending program, the Washington Post concluded that it was "infused with politics" at every level of the decision-making process. Political considerations dominated the White House's deal-making and all too often overruled warnings that billions of tax dollars would be lost on shaky energy projects that should never have been approved.

townhall.com...
edit on 15-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

join