It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarborough 2016 not a joke, says NBC insider

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Then indisputably we would know the parties are a ruse. LoL!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The Republicans shoot themselves in the foot by becoming the party whose only purpose is to oppose anything Obama does. They have a disturbing obsession with Obama. Which has made them a joke. The whole shutdown fiasco last year really turned people off them, as they behave4d more like petty brats throwing a tantrum than anything. If the Republicans want back in office, they need to ditch the wing nuts, find a strong moderate, lay off the social issues except gun control, and focus on fiscal responsibility. Oh, and stop demonizing the poor. The poor are becoming a growing part of the population, and are being driven to the left because the right bashes them and blames them.

I used to favor conservatives slightly, but after the past 6 years, well...... I'd sooner vote for a schizophrenic on ketamine, because they would have a better grip on reality than the conservatives do.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

The Republicans shoot themselves in the foot by becoming the party whose only purpose is to oppose anything Obama does

That is the exact reason they were put in control of the House in 2010.

The whole shutdown fiasco last year really turned people off them, as they behave4d more like petty brats throwing a tantrum than anything.

Guess that depend on ones perspective.

Looks like to me the ones who are throwing tantrums is there opposites.

But it is not the job of the minority party(Republicans) to get on their knees, and let the Democrats run over them,.

Once again the Republicans were put in power to STOP that.

But then again this thread isn't about that.

It is about 2016.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Scarborough 2016?

Your threads are always good for a laugh.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I really do not think people voted in Republicans to oppose Obama. The election the Republicans were voted in was the same election Obama was re-elected. Obviously people aren't going to elect someone they are trying to stop. Both sections of congress shift between the two parties. The bigger issue at that time was gun control, something Democrats in congress were pushing for, and something the American public is strongly opposed to.

A party that exists only to interfere with another party's actions is a party that is empty and not worth voting for. A party needs something to offer. Policies and ideas different from their opponents that appeal to enough voters to win them favor. The conservatives are shrinking because not only are they offering us nothing to rival what the libs are offering, they are completely out of touch with the times, and are alienating large swaths of the population with their rants and antics. This is not 1950s America, and few people really want it to be. Former minority numbers are growing, not just from immigration, but due to higher birth rates, and these people are voting more. Women are half the population, and the right keeps alienating them more and more each year. The conservatives keep trying to go after social security in a time when a huge population, the Baby Boomers, are all starting to retire, further losing votes. Not only do conservatives base their ideals on attacking and blaming different groups for the woes in the world, they haven't offered any real solutions to any of the problems we face. Causing shutdowns and throwing wrenches in the monkey works is a sign of a party with no ground to stand on. Weakness. Pointless. They need to wake up and smell the 21st century, and get with the program. Offer solutions, not tantrums. Otherwise, why vote for them?

Obama might have a low approval rating due to Obamacare, but people sure as hell aren't rushing in droves to the right, because they right doesn't offer any solutions to the major problems of healthcare in this country.

This all has everything to do with 2016, because I think healthcare is going to be the biggest issue.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I really do not think people voted in Republicans to oppose Obama. T

They were. From 2006 to 2008 the Democrats held the House, and Senate

Then in 2008 Obama was elected. Where the Democrats controlled all 3.

. People did not like the 'Affordable' Care Act debacle.

So in 2010 the Republicans were put in to power in the House to put a halt to the Democrats gone wild.

edit on 13-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

neo96

I really do not think people voted in Republicans to oppose Obama. T

They were. From 2006 to 2008 the Democrats held the House, and Senate

Then in 2008 Obama was elected. Where the Democrats controlled all 3.

. People did not like the 'Affordable' Care Act debacle.

So in 2010 the Republicans were put in to power in the House to put a halt to the Democrats gone wild.

edit on 13-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

They still are the minority in the senate. And we shall have a new House at the end of this year, as well as some new senate seats. The Republicans still aren't winning hearts and minds, which they will need if they want a chance in 2016. Obamacare might be unpopular, but the fact that people were willing to give it a shot a couple years ago shows that the majority of Americans want something done about the crappy, cut throat healthcare system we have. And the Republicans so far continue to support the old guard and the profit driven system that leaves millions in debt, losing homes and their kids inheritance.

Simply opposing Obamacare will not be enough. More and more people want the government to do something about healthcare.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'll put it to you this way: before Obamacare, a whopping 40% of Americans had no health insurance. Of the 60% of those with medical insurance, a good chunk received some form of government assisted healthcare like medicare.

My employers before Obama took office did not offer medical insurance, or if they did, the insurance required thousands out of my pocket before they would even consider paying. So the insurance was a joke.

Obamacare does not affect me negatively. In fact, people like me benefit from Obamacare. Where we had nothing before, we now have health insurance that we can afford. Mind you, I did not sign up for Obamacare. I get my treatment at the VA clinics and hospitals, and thus, was not required to sign up for the ACA. However, there are millions of low income, or formerly uninsured people who now at least, have something, even if it does suck. Something is better than nothing.

What are the conservatives going to do in place of Obamacare? What solution do they offer in place of it? Because we sure as hell can't go back to the old system, where formerly middle class people could have their savings wiped and house lost by one unexpected illness. People did elect Obama, in part, because he said he was going to do something about the healthcare crisis in this country, something many Americans were very concerned about. Though Obamacare was not exactly what they had in mind, and wasn't exactly the greatest solution, it was the fact that Obama wanted to do something about healthcare that drew many of the swing voters to his court.

So far, the right has done nothing to tackle the issue of healthcare, and given the large numbers of Baby Boomers getting ready to retire, this is going to be a huge issue. They will need to figure something out if they want to swing the votes in their favor.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
You all act as if voting is real. The sheer amount of questionable votes is laughable.

It is all a dog and pony show. THEY tally the votes and YOU get who they wanted in the first place.

Stop deluding yourselves, they will put into power whomever they wish to.

P

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I'll put it to you this way: before Obamacare, a whopping 40% of Americans had no health insurance. Of the 60% of those with medical insurance, a good chunk received some form of government assisted healthcare like medicare.

Bull.

Figures estimate that, counting illegal aliens, the number of uninsured was @40 million, which would be about 11-12% of the population.

Not 40%.

And of the 60% most had medicare?

Bull.

Sources please.

cnsnews.com...
edit on 14-2-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join