It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mar's Rocknest, a treasure trove of Curiosity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I have followed the anomalies topics on Mars with great enthusiasm. Thanks to Arken and other great posters on ATS, I decided to do some investigating on my own to see what I could find, which might be odd or questionable. I kept focused on one Mars Rocknest image only at this link at mars.nasa.gov... and I chose the panoramic view in raw color, going over it inch by inch and came away pleasantly surprised. It took weeks because I would lose the link by hitting the wrong button and be in a completely different area than I was only a moment before, and would have to restart my searching. I noticed what looks like pieces of very white or shiny things, many a far distance away from Curiosity rover. I didn’t include any that in my view were easily explainable due to light and shadows. I tried to do a few distant views for some of the finds but most are close up.

I have no sophisticated image editing software and I used Paint to crop the images and save as jpeg after copying and pasting with the exception of a couple in which I added a red arrow to. In the beginning, I was using Bullzip PDF printing and saving as jpeg because this was all I learned how to do after much trial and error of pasting to MS Word, which proved a big waste of time.

I am adding a brief description. My articulation isn’t the best but I thought them interesting and present them here for your review. Not all the images uploaded so I will add later as I get them presentable.

This is a distant image of a piece of matter

Even closer

White object next to rock

Closer view of White object next to rock

White object in sand

Closer view of White object in sand

This looks like something hiding in the rock

A little larger view, notice track in sand behind image

This looks like something hiding under a rock

Closer view of what looks like something hiding under a rock

White matter next to interesting rock formation

Far off white object

closer view of white object

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
FINALLY! Something that aint a bloody rock!

S&F Just for finding something different.....

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The white stuff could be debris from when Curiosity got released from the shield during it's decent or from the shield itself, i would imagine it got spread out in a huge area, if there was any debris that is.

It looks very new and fresh.

I am not sure where the shield landed compared to where Curiosity is now.

edit on 11-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StoutBroux

Remarkable finding.. Whatever it is , it seems to take shelter? But I have no clue what it is?

The more eyes examine those photographs the more we can find to point out..

edit on 0b06America/ChicagoTue, 11 Feb 2014 17:19:06 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 11 Feb 2014 17:19:06 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

This one is going to have Arken so pee'd of, looks like you've found the first alien hand!

Those with what looks like something hiding under the rock look interesting

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Great I never had seen that footage awesome. So they have camera functions on those vehicles? I wonder where all the other video's are ? they can't tell me this is the only one..
edit on 0b54America/ChicagoTue, 11 Feb 2014 17:27:54 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 11 Feb 2014 17:27:54 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

0bserver1

Remarkable finding.. But I would suggest to put some source link were to find these objects you point out..
Whatever it is , it seems to take shelter? But I have no clue what it is?

The more eyes examine those photographs the more we can find to point out..

edit on 0b42America/ChicagoTue, 11 Feb 2014 17:09:42 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 11 Feb 2014 17:09:42 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

I provided the link in my original post. It is the only link. The images are from that link.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

VoidHawk
This one is going to have Arken so pee'd of, looks like you've found the first alien hand!

LMAO..

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

0bserver1
reply to post by Mianeye

Great I never had seen that footage awesome. So they have camera functions on those vehicles? I wonder where all the other video's are ? they can't tell me this is the only one..

Yes, but i think it's only on the actual Skycrane and not on Curiosity itself but kind of interesting now you say it, would be awesome to actually have some moving pictures from Mars, but think it uses to much power so propably deactivated.

Linky

I think this is the one that took that footage, so it is mounted on Curiosity.

and the color Mars Descent Imager (MARDI).

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sorry my bad , overlooked ..I have my doubt's that this could be something alive, because of the circumstances mars has today.I'm more a believer in ancient long dead civilizations. Looking at that white stuff and maybe the right stuff, maybe it's just ice ?
edit on 0b02America/ChicagoTue, 11 Feb 2014 17:25:02 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 11 Feb 2014 17:25:02 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I thought that on some of the items, but some are so far away it doesn't make sense because only one which I haven't been able to upload is close to the rover. I also have other images I copied of the sand dunes in the background and if it were that windy, the sand wouldn't show some of the dimples it does. There are also some images of......you guessed it, rocks! But there are some fascinating rocks which should be looked at.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well, my opinion on the rocks are, they are just rocks as you say but i guess it's interesting to find out why( If we will ever ) they are different collors instead of the usual "life hidding on Mars aproch".

But that just me

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Here is one rock I found interesting.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here is a sand dune in the background that looks like a bunch of footprints are on.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Here is a pic. of the various big debris landings from the descent and a route map to compare.

So Curiosity is far from the big debris, but small debris could travel far.

Route map link

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Are they side by side? If not I think it is these guys.

Hate those guys.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

VoidHawk

Those with what looks like something hiding under the rock look interesting

I had to go back and find several images because I failed to notice the hand and didn't want to ruin the image. I missed it on this one but I'm not going to redo it. It'll take me days to find the original image.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Good find stout. I have noticed those shiny bits. I actually found a flying one , will try and find it.
One explanation is that they are put there by nasa to mark interesting images but who knows.

Edit. Here it is bottom left, mars.jpl.nasa.gov... it appears to have a shadow. Also notice the propella bottom right.
edit on 11-2-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added link,spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The NASA panorama is a presentation, it is not a 'true' scene and it's not one picture. The raw individual pictures should be available though, use them.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

NO what we have here is a white rock and we thought they only came in tan!
edit on 11-2-2014 by zombiefreekshow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join