It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well Played Chick-Fil-A... Well Played

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
My husband and I went through the drive thru at Chick-Fil-A a few days ago and had to wait at least 15 minutes before we could even get all the way up to the window to pay. There were only 2 cars ahead of us. So we finally get up to the window, we pay, and the girl working the window says "We put some cookies in your bag for having to wait so long". I'm thinking ...Hey!! free cookies! I have never had their cookies and I am not a big sweets fan, but I figured we'd try it. We didn't say a word about having to wait, so I guess it is a regular thing they do.

We get home and as I am taking the food out of the bag, I noticed 2 things. I photographed them after I got through laughing heartily. Here is what we received in our bag....

FIRST of all, there was ONE cookie. Not SOME cookies like the girl said (filthy lies). Second, there was an advertisement for our local gym thrown in. These two weren't quite as funny until I noticed the sticker on the back of the cookie wrapper saying they didn't judge. I thought that was hilarious! I began to wonder if they threw in the free cookie for irony.

It just made my night in the humor department. So well played Chick-Fil-A. Well played.

ETA - That I tip the scales at around 104. So I did think about going back the next day in tears asking them if they thought I was fat just to see them try and figure out how to answer!

edit on 2/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I love stories like yours. S&F for sharing!!

Now about that cookie ... did you break it into pieces in order to share, or to make an honest person out of that young lady? Did you eat it all by yourself and feel guilty about not making that trip to the gym? LOL

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Snarl

I love stories like yours. S&F for sharing!!

Now about that cookie ... did you break it into pieces in order to share, or to make an honest person out of that young lady? Did you eat it all by yourself and feel guilty about not making that trip to the gym? LOL

Thanks Snarl!

My husband got to the cookie the next day. He ate half of it and saved me the other half. He likes the sweet snacks more than I do. I would have rather had the fruit cup.
But sadly.... I did not feel guilty at all. Their grand scheme failed.

edit on 2/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

FIRST of all, there was ONE cookie. Not SOME cookies like the girl said (filthy lies)

-She learned from POTUS, the King of Deception... LOL

ETA - That I tip the scales at around 104. So I did think about going back the next day in tears asking them if they thought I was fat just to see them try and figure out how to answer!

Or go back and say, 'Damn what was in those cookies? I just lost 30 lbs....then watch their reaction

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

snarky412

FIRST of all, there was ONE cookie. Not SOME cookies like the girl said (filthy lies)

-She learned from POTUS, the King of Deception... LOL

Or go back and say, 'Damn what was in those cookies? I just lost 30 lbs....then watch their reaction

HA!! They would sell out of those cookies before close of business day had I done that. I like the way you think.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Still chuckling ... as I caught your ETA. Were those lbs, kgs, or stones? LOL LOL

As I sit here eating my obligatory cottage cheese wondering if I can avoid becoming Rodinus' Michelin Man in a few more years ... without the requisite balloons.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Snarl

Still chuckling ... as I caught your ETA. Were those lbs, kgs, or stones? LOL LOL

As I sit here eating my obligatory cottage cheese wondering if I can avoid becoming Rodinus' Michelin Man in a few more years ... without the requisite balloons.

It's pounds.
I have never been able to gain weight, but eat a lot of food. It's not nearly as great as a lot of people would think truthfully. However... I do think age is catching up to me in that area, so I may be Michelin Woman in a few years myself. We'll meet up for donuts or something. LOL

Look at the bright side... we won't be harming the planet with wasted balloons to achieve the puffy coat look and we will be saving money. People will be so jealous.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

That's hilarious!

Last night in a fit of boredom I decided to go muck about and try to make some ones day by being the happy asshole. You know? Being "That guy." Just trying to make some one smile or laugh. I was actually in rare form.

Now I'm doomed. I have a blind date set up for me next monday. This can't end well. LOL

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

TDawgRex

I have a blind date set up for me next monday. This can't end well. LOL

Expecting to get married?

Go get 'em, Tiger!!
edit on 1122014 by Snarl because: 2d Line

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Snarl

TDawgRex

I have a blind date set up for me next monday. This can't end well. LOL

Expecting to get married?

Well, if that were to happen, then you know the End Times are upon us.

Dooooom! Dooooom! I say!

After being raised by five older sisters (I'm the only male child and the baby) I don't see any other outcome. Unless she has a sense of humor...then maybe.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

TDawgRex

That's hilarious!

Last night in a fit of boredom I decided to go muck about and try to make some ones day by being the happy asshole. You know? Being "That guy." Just trying to make some one smile or laugh. I was actually in rare form.

Now I'm doomed. I have a blind date set up for me next monday. This can't end well. LOL

That's what happens when you are in rare form!! You become irresistible.
Most women love a sense of humor, so I am sure you will do fine. You will have to let us know how it goes.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Will do. But I am so nervous about it, I actually started a thread about it,

THAT says a lot.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Let's just hope she leaves her phone alone..........................just saying. LOL

Good luck & hope you have fun on your date

Wow, 5 sisters and you the baby
Hmmm, surprised you're not 'girl shy'
But then again, you should be immune

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

its been so long since i was in the dating scene, i don't know if i would even know what to do anymore. I can imagine i would get slapped and walked out on a lot. Being married to someone for a long time....you get a comfort with them that you forget took over 20 years to cultivate.

I hope i never have to find out.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

its been so long since i was in the dating scene, i don't know if i would even know what to do anymore. I can imagine i would get slapped and walked out on a lot. Being married to someone for a long time....you get a comfort with them that you forget took over 20 years to cultivate.

You and me both
My husband and I will have been together 29 years come Valentines....I know, kinda corny, but that was the date my husband picked, so ..........here we are years later
You say 'comfort that took years to cultivate' and my honey would say 'trained'.... HA

Anyhow, I feel for TDawg
I can't imagine the nervousness of being on a date, much less a 'blind' date

I only hope for her sake she doesn't text while on her date with TDawg....or she may end up by herself!!

Per TDawg:

If I am on a date and my date starts to answer a text, I get up, excuse myself and walk out. I don’t even bother to tell her where I’m going. (Home). And if we’ve already ordered…she’s stuck with the doggy bag as I won’t be there to eat it. Apparently I’m not worth the time to get to know me and as far as I am concerned, I don’t want to get to know her either. But at least she gets two free meals.

Sorry TDawg!! LOL

edit on 13-2-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join