It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beef recall: Close to 9 million pounds of beef as ‘unfit for human food’ by USDA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yikes.

The USDA discovered 9 million pounds of "diseased" beef at a California processing plant and triggered a recall.

It looks like a few states may have got shipments.

Several names and types of cuts also.

Beef recall: Close to 9 million pounds of beef as ‘unfit for human food’ by USDA

February 9, 2014

The U.S. Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection Service (USDA FSIS) has announced a Class I massive beef recall on Feb. 8. Rancho Feeding Corporation has recalled 8,742,700 pounds of beef because they were deemed high health risk defined as “unfit for human food” by federal food inspectors.

The affected beef products will bear the establishment number “EST. 527” inside the unapproved USDA mark of inspection with case code number ending in either “3” or “4”; they were produced between Jan. 1, 2013 – Jan. 7 of this year.

"Beef Carcasses” (wholesale and custom sales only)
2 per box "Beef (Market) Heads" (retail only)
4-gallons per box "Beef Blood" (wholesale only)
20-lb. boxes of “Beef Oxtail”
30-lb. boxes of “Beef Cheeks”
30-lb. boxes of " Beef Lips"
30-lb. boxes of "Beef Omasum"
30-lb. boxes of "Beef Tripas"
30-lb. boxes of "Mountain Oysters"
30-lb. boxes of "Sweet Breads”
30- and 60-lb. boxes of “Beef Liver”
30- and 60-lb. boxes of “Beef Tripe”
30- and 60-lb. boxes of “Beef Tongue”
30- and 60-lb. boxes of "Veal Cuts"
40-lb. boxes of "Veal Bones"
50-lb. boxes of “Beef Feet”
50-lb. boxes of “Beef Hearts”
60-lb. boxes of "Veal Trim"

Look carefully at Labels !!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Who would eat that stuff!

What did they do with the steaks.

We got heads and feet, lips and cheeks, hell, I dread to think what some of those parts are.

Seriously, for human consumption?

It begs the question, just what are they putting in those pasta sauces and your world famous burgers.

Yuck!

P

ETA, I did some digging, just about every part is in there. Only thing missing is the eyes. What the hell do they do with the eyes. You really need to discover what is in what these days. I thought that all of this stuff goes into pet food or pig feed. Nope you guys and girls eat it all up. Good for you!
edit on 11/2/2014 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Gives a new meaning to...

"Sight Unseen"

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I believe that if you are going to kill an animal, you should eat as much of it as possible. That goes for the human race as well, in that if we are going to mass butcher animals, we had better make damn sure we eat as much of them as we can! Otherwise it's just needlessly wasteful!
edit on 11-2-2014 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I was thinking ground beef or Ribeyes...
Umm, gallons of beef blood? Beef heads?
What the heck?
I think I'm safe, LoL!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

TrueBrit

I believe that if you are going to kill an animal, you should eat as much of it as possible. That goes for the human race as well, in that if we are going to mass butcher animals, we had better make damn sure we eat as much of them as we can! Otherwise it's just needlessly wasteful!
edit on 11-2-2014 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

Sure man, yea. Look mate, you can have my entire life's supply of Mountain Oysters. Go right ahead, eat till yu drop.
You can have all my share of the whips as well.

Does all this stuff really end up in your hot dogs. Wow man. A brave people indeed. Putting it in pet food is not wasting it, it is using it.

P

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

TrueBrit

Yeah, that is how animals think...if they had the chance to eat us they will only leave the bone....in most cases,

Somebody will have the bright idea to sell it as dogfood or numnum for your precious cat and make some money of it anyways.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

don't be ignorant in the ways of food, you'd be surprised if I were to give some of this to you on a plate without telling you what it is how much you would like it served as a dish with complex flavors...

I work in a restaraunt and we've made gourmet to gourmetesque versions of all this stuff...

the only stuff I would personally stay away from is the mountain oysters (aka the balls), yes i've tried them and I will admit not terrible, but not something I would want to work with a whole lot (pretty much just a meatball lol pun not really intended)...

as for the diseased beef, good thing they caught it before too much got shipped out, and hopefully they kept their orders recorded fairly well so they can warn whoever got some of it...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Every time I see these recalls, I am intensely thankful that there are still farmers like my friend down the road who raise their animals the old fashioned way, on grass, without chemicals pumped into them to plump them up. My thanks also extend to the small, family-owned slaughter house that offers custom butchering. Because of these folks, I don't have to worry about recalls.
This one goes back a full year?
Wonder who they ticked off at Ag office?
Who benefits if this takes down the company?
Could this have any connection to the thread about prions and the recently reported prion diseases?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This could feed numerous lions, tigers and maybe even some bears for years!

And save giraffes on Western zoo's death rows

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Looking at the list of recalled products, I dare say there could be a hotdog shortage incoming.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I wish the list was better, not OP found, I found a similar issue earlier when looking into this. That list looks as if it's ingredients for processed beef and other. Would be beneficial for people to know what products it went into, which seems likely many..., pet products too, wow.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
You know when the USDA recalls beef it must be really bad!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Happy to be vegetarian when I see this stuff. Though I cannot wait for summer when various produce will be recalled as is almost every year these days! It just drives me nuts to know that people could do so much better to make sure things dont get contaminated.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

(post by luciddream removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It would be really helpful to know how this applies to people or animals. For example - just bought cat food my cats won't touch. I haven't had time to replace it so they're eating it but now one is acting sick. Probobly just a coincidence with this pet food, but what and where are missing from this story - unless one has purchased cow feet for a BbQ recently.

What is this stuff in.
What about the ground beef, steaks.
Where was this stuff shipped?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It'll all be McSlurry by week's end and, by Sunday, a fresh batch of McSquirtyburgers.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Don't eat barbacoa for a while. Might also want to watch out for tamales.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

pheonix358
Who would eat that stuff!

ETA, I did some digging, just about every part is in there. Only thing missing is the eyes. What the hell do they do with the eyes. You really need to discover what is in what these days. I thought that all of this stuff goes into pet food or pig feed. Nope you guys and girls eat it all up. Good for you!

The eyes end up in head cheese.

I love head cheese thanks to grandma.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join