It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell weighs in on the present Coast To Coast AM controversy (plus a shocker)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

The latest update from John B. Wells about Caravan to Midnight... Nuts and bolts about the sight and plans...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Wow! Thanks for that, Sky. It sounds like he's having quite an interesting time while he's on the tech considerations/requirements learning curve. I do wish him every possible success.

With all respect to John, while I think the subscription is fair I cancelled my credit card and have no plans to renew it, so PayPal is out. (A family member's identity was stolen and I've been hacked, so I don't do online buying.) Besides it helps curb my weakness for impulse buying with my meager bank account. I may drop him a line after the initial rush dies down and request a snail addy for a cheque or how I could perhaps arrange a bank transfer. Can you (or someone) please PM me when it's all up and running?

Oh and yeah, about your signature: Thought maybe one of the rings would be made of lost socks.

edit on 11-2-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Telos
George Knapp a pseudo journalist? Really? And the shame is that you even received three stars for that imbecility called comment.

The politics behind his awards seem somewhat interesting. Plus: Recall the ol' saying, "It's not who you know, but who you blow." Regardless: Certainly a lukewarm and rather boring host for C2C.

How many awards did he win for his Lazar "scoop," btw? Investigative journalism, that? It still INFECTS ufology. Have you read Hunt for Skinwalker? Is that journalism in your opinion?

edit on 11-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
John B. Wells became my favorite radio host in 2013 (close to Clyde Lewis, who is also great). His selection of topics and discussions became more closely aimed at the machinery of the PTB. That's where his focus went - to the issues the MSM has wanted to cover up. He is a truth-seeker, and truth-seekers are given the more difficult path, for sure. I'm a big fan, and will continue to seek out his work wherever he ends up.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I also use to be a fan of C2C, I do not listen at all anymore.

I have one question though, what other radio shows would you recommend I listen to?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Here is my cynical take on the matter.

Coast to Coast AM ratings are plummeting - including all guest hosts such as Knapp and previously with Punnett and Wells. Art Bell's comeback was a total ratings flop and had to be tossed in the garbage because virtually nobody signed up. In other words: there is no money in paranormal talk radio anymore. It's done and it has been done to death. There are countless blogs and podcasts and documentaries and shows on these subjects available for free all over the internet. People that have been hugely interested in New Age/paranormal topics have seen a decline in interest ever since the end of the long-heralded year of 2012.

Like any aspect of the capitalist consumer culture, New Age talk radio is no different. We are seeing splits in C2C - Art Bell, George Noory, John B. Wells - just like we see various competing soft drinks: Coca Cola, Pepsi etc. What's worse is that talk radio hosts are competing for the same guests and subject matters, so it is actually devaluing the subjects themselves and making much of it passe.

Or is it just me?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm not a conservative, I'm a left libertarian, but I didn't find any fault with Wells' politics. It seemed rather common sense to me more than right or left. I don't buy really that was the reason.

I think C2C is just committed to being superficial and boring.
I don't know if any of them ever really broke "THE TRUTH" but some of the hosts are better about asking the right questions than others.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

SullivanBlack
I also use to be a fan of C2C, I do not listen at all anymore.

I have one question though, what other radio shows would you recommend I listen to?

A couple have been mentioned in this thread, such as Lewis and Red Ice, I think. I have found a few to explore through search engines, looking for late night talk radio or some such.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

To be honest about it, I never considered the aspects you bring up before John left the show. Internal politics, marketing are not things that hold my interest. To me it was just something to listen to instead of television, YT and the like. I was really growing tired of Linda Morton Howe's delivery and messages though that I found were often contradicted by scientists. I didn't listen regularly enough I guess to classify new age thinking in there too. I tuned in around eleven-thirty and I have to admit that I liked some of it. As for finding stuff on the net for free, I've begun to explore that. What have you found to listen to?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I was listening to Art from the start and I can tell you that 'Snorey' is NO ART BELL! The biggest thing for me was that Art respected his guests, but only up to a point. If they were full of BS Art would tell them that. Noorey doesn't do that. He pretends to believe them no matter how 'out there' their beliefs are. I don't know if George is just scared of confrontation or what... but he just refuses to truly question his guests.

I tried to listen to George for the longest time because I was so hooked on C2C... but now if he is on I just shut it off. I only listen to other hosts, like George Knapp, when they do the show.

I just pray they fire George... now THAT would be something!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

maxzen2004
reply to post by aboutface

...I find Darkness Radio way better than CTC...

Long time listener first time plugger here.
Darkness is pretty great. I wish they had a guest every day but the regular crew is really good by themselves.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The GUT

Lear & Lazar: Pimpin'

edit on 10-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

This dueling herpes picture is like a creepy awkward family photo.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Whoa.. hold on there. George Knapp is a REAL Journalist. Award winning and actually well respected by his peers.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So back on topic. I just want to add the following.

When listening to the radio, or even youtube paranormal channels, there really is nothing else like coast to coast. It's got really good production values, unlike some of the other shows, like Roxy Lopez. I like her but sometimes I have a harder time hearing her listeners. Coast to coast also usually vets it's guests better or gets a higher quality of guest. Not always, of course, but usually. It's just a better show. Art Bell was great, is great. I loved John B Wells, but his voice had me adjusting my equalizer so that I could her him correctly. lol

There have been other posts, but it might be good to start a thread with the best radio, youtube, blog, podcast, TV and documentary shows so that we don't miss out.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SullivanBlack

Darkness Radio free on Podbay. Honestly, I think bettter than C2C.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The GUT
I'm curious: How did the Coast to Coast show come into existence? Where does the psuedo-journalist George Knapp fit in? Are there any ties related to those questions that might have some overall pertinence?

Really? Do you even listen to Knapp? Ever?? I think maybe not once.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

aboutface
reply to post by 727Sky

Wow! Thanks for that, Sky. It sounds like he's having quite an interesting time while he's on the tech considerations/requirements learning curve. I do wish him every possible success.

With all respect to John, while I think the subscription is fair I cancelled my credit card and have no plans to renew it, so PayPal is out. (A family member's identity was stolen and I've been hacked, so I don't do online buying.) Besides it helps curb my weakness for impulse buying with my meager bank account. I may drop him a line after the initial rush dies down and request a snail addy for a cheque or how I could perhaps arrange a bank transfer. Can you (or someone) please PM me when it's all up and running?

Oh and yeah, about your signature: Thought maybe one of the rings would be made of lost socks.

edit on 11-2-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

The option to send a check or money order to a P.O. Box is offered on the Caravan to Midnight website. Just keep clicking through until it appears.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by diggindirt

I missed that, so thanks, much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SullivanBlack

Darkness Radio

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The GUT
I'm curious: How did the Coast to Coast show come into existence? Where does the psuedo-journalist George Knapp fit in? Are there any ties related to those questions that might have some overall pertinence?

c'mon....a "pseudo-journalist" as you call him, does not win a Peabody award, an Edward R. Murrow award, plus a few Emmy awards....he's always had more gravitas than the others on C2C, in my opinion.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join