It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Art Bell weighs in on the present Coast To Coast AM controversy (plus a shocker)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It would seem that the' C2C saga is not quite over. As a listener myself, I enjoyed Art and was honestly quite floored when John B. Wells was dismissed so suddenly from the show, without apparent warning or plausible excuse offered to loyal listeners. It left many of us wondering about the program's disrespect for its loyal listeners and many were quite disgusted too. It also left some of us looking for late-night offerings on other stations.

If you're like me, get ready to be shocked, ATS.

Art's discontentment is not unknown, but he does weigh in on JBW's firing which I urge you to read for yourselves.

However further to this comes another shocker. In Art's words,

I might have better luck asking Julie for a release of my NC…….I say this because while I was trying to talk to Sirius/XM two days after I left, I simply could not understand why they were not responding to my offer to return if they would only allow streaming until Sirius fixed their problems, when I finally did get a response it was to inform me that Coast would be taking my spot on channel 104 (emphasis added).

Please do read the article for yourselves to see what more is being said. Although a biased article it is an interesting read that perhaps might also leave you asking more questions about where all this is heading. How much of a game-changer is this?

source

edit on 10-2-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm curious: How did the Coast to Coast show come into existence? Where does the psuedo-journalist George Knapp fit in? Are there any ties related to those questions that might have some overall pertinence?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I did a thread on the sordid tale of the forced retirement from C2C by John; Different source but basically the same story. It was surprising to me of some of the comments who basically accused John of being some right wing idiot ! Different strokes for different folks but still amazing to me... Anyway hopefully Art and John will continue their endeavors and will be successful. I personally enjoyed his topics and guest... By the ratings I was not alone..

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

With the dramatic departure of Wells, the wheels are coming loose on the Coast to Coast wagon and I predict that hundreds of thousands of people will shift their allegiance from the bandwagon of Coast to Coast to the Caravan to Midnight headed by John B. Wells.

My renewal ends in June and I believe I will join Caravan as well. I heard a rumor that Wells and Bell might join up, but I think at this point that's all it is.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

The GUT
I'm curious: How did the Coast to Coast show come into existence? Where does the psuedo-journalist George Knapp fit in? Are there any ties related to those questions that might have some overall pertinence?

Was that rhetorical, or did you mean for someone to take this?

In his book Reading the Enemy's Mind, remote viewer Paul Smith relates that in 1992 Robert Bigelow put the wheels in motion for a radio show on the paranormal, called Area 2000, hosted by Art Bell and featuring reports from George Knapp (whom Bigelow has had a long association with - Knapp was given an exclusive to the Skinwalker Ranch story, and also has covered the Bigelow space efforts) and Linda Moulton Howe. While Bigelow later withdrew sponsorship of the show, Art Bell continued with it and it later evolved into the massively popular Coast to Coast AM.

Levels of Involvement & Ties to Skinwalker

This is something else I turned up during my preliminary research into Bigelow Aerospace and NIDS...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I used to be a huge C2C fan, but I think they have suffered a kill shot with letting John B. Wells go. He was my favorite and Lately I had only tuned in to hear him.

I think they are ASSuming they will be able to coast (pun intended) on previous ratings and fans, but that is a fatal mistake IMO.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Boring Noory is threatned by Art Bell, I miss Art Bell and Noory is riding on his coat tails. There is no comparison, Art Bell is king of paranormal radio. I find Darkness Radio way better than CTC, Noory should have brought Art Bell back to C2C. Noory is now playing games trying to prevent Art Bell from going live. I expect Art to win in the long run.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Art Bell C2C, all the top guests and DJ's are Art Bell built!

If you have ever seen that stupid show Noory host, you will realize he's no Art Bell.

He reminds of a funeral director, I don't even know why he's Ancient Alien.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm a long time listener of C2C except when George Noory is hosting. I refuse to listen to him.

But there is something strange about C2C and I don't really trust the so called information or revelations from Wells, Knapp or the rest of the hosts. The subjects presented seem contrived and directed to the listeners to develop a goofy "mindset" about high strangeness subjects and a lot of the callers to C2C, seem scripted. Much like what happens on ATS. Both still entertaining and the cost is reasonable.
edit on 10-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Is it possible, nay, even probable that jbw was fired because he was becoming more popular than noory? George did just sign a contract with clear channel and I can't help but wondering if the execs at ccn were worried that jbw's skyrocketing popularity was detrimental to noory's continued status of "top dog" at c2c.

But then again maybe it was his politics, Wells I mean.

Jbw was by leaps and bounds the best host to appear on coast since Art. To this there should be no doubt. His nomenclature was superb and he was he utmost professional.

I can't help but feel like nice guy noory is not as nice as he makes himself out to be and, honestly, I don't know why I feel that way. Just always have. He is too nice and rarely disagrees with anyone.

I have recently taken to tuning in to Clyde Lewis's show "ground zero" he is pretty intense but puts on a good show and discusses interesting and gripping topics. He also does these montages as bumper filler that are just great. What does ATS think about GZ?

At any rate I can see Caravan taking off in a big way if listener reactions to the firing of jbw are any indication as to the hosts popularity.

Kallisti

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

jadedANDcynical
Was that rhetorical, or did you mean for someone to take this?

I wuz being sneaky. Busted. Can't WAIT to see what more you come up with. There is something incredible & relevant down this path, no?

Checking your link now, thank you, Sir Jaded. Mucho respect.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Is it possible, nay, even probable that jbw was fired because he was becoming more popular than noory? George did just sign a contract with clear channel and I can't help but wondering if the execs at ccn were worried that jbw's skyrocketing popularity was detrimental to noory's continued status of "top dog" at c2c.

But then again maybe it was his politics, Wells I mean.

Jbw was by leaps and bounds the best host to appear on coast since Art. To this there should be no doubt. His nomenclature was superb and he was he utmost professional.

I can't help but feel like nice guy noory is not as nice as he makes himself out to be and, honestly, I don't know why I feel that way. Just always have. He is too nice and rarely disagrees with anyone.

I have recently taken to tuning in to Clyde Lewis's show "ground zero" he is pretty intense but puts on a good show and discusses interesting and gripping topics. He also does these montages as bumper filler that are just great. What does ATS think about GZ?

At any rate I can see Caravan taking off in a big way if listener reactions to the firing of jbw are any indication as to the hosts popularity.

Kallisti

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
C2C is a total Joke these days.

Noory is, and always has been a tool. He would never ask obvious questions that people wanted, he would ask ridiculous off-topic questions, and then repeat those SAME questions 5 minutes later. I understand being nice to guests, but he would almost NEVER challenge claims made by guests. He would agree with guest A on a subject, and then guest B would say the exact opposite and he would agree with that too. He took the show from something I considered serious to a total goof-off.

Now he defends C2C (what a surprise) owners stifling truth.

This shows control is more important than money for these scum bags. They could make more money if they kept him (john) but they fired him because he didn't allow them the level of control they wanted.

So very sad, I hope Art's new show destroys C2C, burns it to the ground, and scatters its ashes across the airwaves.

There is a battle on literally every single front for truth and freedom, even an alternative radio show isn't immune from these pieces of garbage seeking control.
edit on 10-2-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
C2C: Bigelow. C2C: Knapp. Knapp: Lazar & Lear. Bigelow & Knapp: Skinwalker. Sumpin' funky in all that. Maybe Art didn't wanna play?

Lear & Lazar: Pimpin'

edit on 10-2-2014 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I stopped listening to C2C because it became less about paranormal topics and more about politics, dead topics and Ancient Aliens plugs. I have started listening to the Dark Matter network that is on in place of Art on his site. Interesting mix of shows there. I've also been listening to Clyde Lewis for years. Used to live in Portland and he was a riot. I may check out Caravan to see how it compares.

It wouldn't surprise me at all that the people are turning on Noory because he has lost sight of everything that C2C was.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I rarely listened to the show to be honest, although I did occasionally. My question is why it should matter WHO the host is, if all one is concerned about is getting the truth of various subjects? Is it because the hosts are choosing their own topics? All I remember from the times I did tune in were they would have various guests come on the show. Did they do other stuff besides that? Did these guys actually go out and beat the streets, and really do investigative journalism? I do find that a bit hard to believe, but maybe I'm wrong.

But I can understand why people would be upset if there was some type of censorship occurring, but "what" exactly is being censored? The guests that are allowed to come on the show? The topics that are chosen? I should have opened by stating that I don't know anything about what is going on here, although I did read the article that was posted.

So I guess I am genuinely curious, especially about whether people are upset because there is some obvious change in content that came with the change in hosts, or whether they just "liked" one host over another...I can understand preferring one's voice to that of another person, or something superficial like that, and I want to know if there truly is any major differences here. Because I am hearing claims of censorship, and I am just wondering if this is actually true. And if so, what were the hosts who were well-liked doing that is not being done anymore? Are they truly doing investigations into pertinent issues?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Speaking for myself, I turned it on and listened until I fell asleep. Some of the guests were out there and the claims far-fetched but it was amusing even though on many nights it was difficult to swallow and I would readily doze off. I got a kick out of Art's interviewing style and enjoyed him. John had a certain quality of content and erudition that kept me awake listening and thinking, so I began to look forward to his programs.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Last year I used to listen to the YTs of the show; now it seemed people have halted uploading for the most part; one reason or another.

Is there any audio of what Art has to say?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

gardener
Last year I used to listen to the YTs of the show; now it seemed people have halted uploading for the most part; one reason or another.

Is there any audio of what Art has to say?

I didn't go looking for any, because I was under the impression Art's contractual obligations prevented him from speaking out. However since this stuff has surfaced maybe all bets are off, who knows?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

The GUT
Where does the psuedo-journalist George Knapp fit in?

George Knapp a pseudo journalist? Really? And the shame is that you even received three stars for that imbecility called comment.

In 2004, Knapp won a national Edward R. Murrow Award for a story about vote fraud in Clark County, Nevada.[1] He has also won over a dozen Emmy Awards and several writing awards from the Associated Press.[1]

Knapp and photojournalist Matt Adams were recognized for their work on the investigative series Crossfire: Water, Power and Politics that received a 2008 Peabody Award.

en.wikipedia.org...

And he'd won more awards before 2004.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join