It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Responsible For Olympic Ring Mishap Found Dead In Sochi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It sounds like this an article is a hoax. Thanks all. It was sent to me by a friend who has generally been reliable. My apologies to anyone offended by my questioning if this was true. Sorry!

Man Responsible For Olympic Ring Mishap Found Dead In Sochi

Well this is creepy if true...

The man responsible for operating the Olympic Rings during last night’s Winter Olympics opening ceremony in Russia was found dead today.

According to local reports the body of Boris Avdeyev was found his hotel room early this morning with multiple stab wounds.

Story souce

edit on 10-2-2014 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just the style and way that article was written makes me think its fake. He might have fallen onto a bunch of knives? Really?

Hm, sounds like real good police work to me. I also don't think we'd ever hear about it if he was really killed.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Ahhhh... before all the Russian bashing gets started YET AGAIN, this has been called out as a hoax :

www.hoax-slayer.com...

As for the daily currant :

The bogus report comes courtesy of the satirical website The Daily Currant. None of the reports published on the site are factual. The site's "About" page explains:

The Daily Currant is an English language online satirical newspaper that covers global politics, business, technology, entertainment, science, health and media. Our mission is to ridicule the timid ignorance which obstructs our progress, and promote intelligence - which presses forward.

Our stories are purely fictional. However they are meant to address real-world issues through satire and often refer and link to real events happening in the world.

The site is responsible for all manner of fictional nonsense, much of which escapes its original context and spreads rapidly, causing angst and confusion as it travels.

In March 2013, the site published a fictional report that claimed that Pope Benedict XVI has announced that he was gay.

In November 2013, another escaped Daily Current article claimed that President Obama was opening free gas stations for poor Americans.

And, in January 2014, the site launched an article claiming that 37 people had died of marijuana overdoses on the first day that recreational marijuana use became legal in Colorado.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 10/2/14 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Okay ... I"m self editing ... it's a hoax .... thank goodness!!
If that story was true .... WOW.

edit on 2/10/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

link   
lol.

do some of you realise that is from a spoof site?

edit on 10-2-2014 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

link   

It’s terrible when accidents like this happen. But then again, maybe Mr. Avdeyev should have thought twice before he screwed up the Olympics. Accidents tend to happen to people who betray Russia.”

If this story is true, that sentence says it all, doesn't it?

He made them look bad. And that is not tolerated.

I really hope this isn't true.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I was telling my wife I feel bad for the guy/gal in charge of those when I watched that happen live....Never though they would be brutally stabbed to death, but I figured someone was going to get into trouble. That was a glorius moment in the opening only to be ruined by this....Even the announcers were laughing and saying someone just made a costly mistake....

Is this story on any other source yet? Not sure how much I actually truse this source, though it doesn't surprise me.....Some of the quotes in this article are just too dumb to be true.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Edited post due to hoax.
edit on 10-2-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

“Sure there were stab wounds and bruises all over the body,” admits the lead investigator on the case. “But who knows what caused them. Maybe he tripped and fell on a set of knives. Right now we’re ruling this an accidental death.

After reading something like this from an article. I doubt ts legitimacy.

edit: Here i found something juicy about your soruce Daily Currant.

Why does the media keep running fake stories from a joke-free satire site?
edit on 2/10/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Well that is good.

But seriously, what is with all the Russia BS from America?

We're better than that, aren't we?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

It sounded like a hoax and I didnt even need to go to the link.

"Fell on a set of knives..."??

Okay, if that is an official statement, then thay dude would be laughed out of police work.
So yah, that sentance right there, let me know...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hopefully this is a hoax. And if there was any truth as to what may be his ultimate fate, then he was probably a smart man if he started this hoax himself.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

In a fully manifested Fascist system, even the people who are directly affected will be too apathetic and hopeless to challenge the absurdity of the control structures.

The Russian Federation is there, the US 10-20 years behind.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by Rodinus

But seriously, what is with all the Russia BS from America?

I have no idea my dear, but over the past couple of days I have read quite a few unsavoury posts about the Russians here.

It really riles me... and I am not Russian... Just a Brit living in France...

Didn't McCarthyism end in the late 1950s?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 10/2/14 by Rodinus because: Question added

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
As pointed out by Rodinus the story is a hoax but if you check your sources other stories that should have been apparent.

Justin Bieber Rushed to Hospital Following First Erection
or
Marijuana Overdoses Kill 37 in Colorado On First Day of Legalization

And my favourite
Vladimir Putin Kills Grizzly Bear With Bare Hands

So yeah I guess Thug very much ..poor Bear

edit on 10-2-2014 by gortex because: spelll edot

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

“Sure there were stab wounds and bruises all over the body,” admits the lead investigator on the case. “But who knows what caused them. Maybe he tripped and fell on a set of knives. Right now we’re ruling this an accidental death.

Oh come on. Seriously red flag here on being satire.

Although with the "suicide by nail gun" story recently, I had to consider it…

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's being reported as a hoax.

just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true.

lol

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

DancedWithWolves
Although his body was badly mangled and the wounds were consistent with a struggle, so far officials say they don't suspect foul play.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The Daily Currant

Yep
A quick search of the source always help
edit on 10-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
If it's being covered up as a HOAX

Then we know who did it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join