It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Agents Interrogate Jewish Author For Reading Conservative Newspaper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

As soon as Chesler pulled out a copy of The Jewish Press, a popular English language weekly with a conservative political bent, a TSA agent eyed her with suspicion, approached the author and asked to see the newspaper.

TSA Agents Interrogate Jewish Author For Reading Conservative Newspaper

And it continues to get worse,

So do not even think about reading what you want in front of the Totalitarian States of Amerika (TSA).

yeah sure you can say, ~~~~Oh but don't fly ~~~~

Maybe what you do for a living does not rely on you being someplace at a certain time but there are many people that must fly for the work that they do.

YES I did search , Once again Mods please get a better search engine.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I know your title quotes Infowars but I can't help thinking what the hell difference it makes that they're Jewish.

People have been targetted for years by the TSA but now, because it happened to a Jewish person, it's different?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Yeah this could be just a publicity stunt for the part of the author like the time some guy said he was attacked exiting an airport by a neo nazi group that branded his forehead with a swastika but it was made inverted as if the guy just took a marker entered the bathroom and draw it in his face looking at the mirror.

Nonetheless TSA is nasty, to be honest most countries customs officers and airport security are nasty.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

Don't fly!

If you have a job that requires you to fly, quit!

TSA exists because you air-people allow them to exist.

Who has time to expose Nazis when you all have planes to catch?

Why fly in the first place? You are trusting a corporation with your life...

Your LIFE!

Seeing as you are so trusting, surely you trust their approach to security.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

Your LIFE!

Don't use a car either unless you made it yourself? dont ride the bus/train/subway/taxi neither too, food is also usually made by corporations

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Yeah this is called giving up. It is the non fighters that is allowing Amerika to fall into the hole it has. That's it you sit back with your blinders on and pretend everything is OK

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Indigent

Your LIFE!

Don't use a car either unless you made it yourself? dont ride the bus/train/subway/taxi neither too, food is also usually made by corporations

It's darn had to walk all the way some where.. it's ok tho, i bought a bike !

o.O

edit on 9-2-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sn0rch

oh remember those shoes are corporate made too, dont trust your life on them!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
How was the TSA supposed to know she was Jewish? Do only Jews read the Jewish press? If so then why is it in English and not Hebrew only. And seeing how they are going with the discrimination route how about the person who wrote this article? He is as racist as the TSA agents and showed it with this little statement.

“The issue is not that the Jew was the one who was stopped and the Muslim was the one who sailed through security,” reports the Jewish Press. “The issue is that merely the word Jewish on a newspaper was sufficient to draw the agents’ attention and suspicion, while someone whose identity was impossible to discern, who could be hiding who knows what, was ignored by security – security! professionals.”

So he would be ok with the TSA stopping and interrogating a person because they look what appears to be a Muslim? AS if you could tell a persons religion just by looking at them. Racist authors like this person should just be ignored. Seeing Jones connections with Israeli groups it is no surprise that infowars would print articles by racist who cry when a Jew is treated like all the other Americans who have to put up with the TSA.
edit on 9-2-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

According to this article the supposed Muslim was wearing the head covering so assuming she was Muslim probably wasn't that much of a stretch. Especially since I think it is illegal for anybody other than Muslims to wear them.

nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I once had the book "The deadliest lies: The Israel Lobby and the myth of Jewish control"
on my desk, and someone criticised this, saying to put it away because a Jewish person was coming over, and I laughed. The book is written By Abe Foxman, head of the ADL, resident "superjew" who defeats all antisemitism in the world. Funny that his book appeared antisemitic. Maybe that's the case here, someone saw "Jewish" and assumed it was maybe antijewish.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

tinner07
reply to post by buster2010

According to this article the supposed Muslim was wearing the head covering so assuming she was Muslim probably wasn't that much of a stretch. Especially since I think it is illegal for anybody other than Muslims to wear them.

nypost.com...

This is America and we can wear what we want here where did you get the idea it was illegal to wear them? There is no fashion police state here. Not to mention it is winter here women wear scarves to cover their heads because it is COLD not to mention to protect their hair if they just had it done. No woman likes to get their hair messed up. Thanks for the article though because it just shows this so called scholar is just another racist who thinks that since you are a Jew you should be above the law. If small children have to be subjected to searches by the TSA then she can be searched as well.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

Wait, theres a conservative "Jewish" newspaper?

And why is it relevant to include the person's religion in the headline (of the actual source)?

Are they suggesting that the TSA or that this TSA agent doesnt like Jews?

Maybe theyre implying that because shes Jewish, she is part of a protected class and shouldnt be subject to scrutiny? If we're to take into account the history of Israel and the Mossad, clearly theyre not above suspicion.

But I think its obvious at this point that the TSA doesnt discriminate with regards to their totalitarian police state BS.

Some people were even "lucky" enough to get "special treatment".

edit on 9-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

No such thing as Jewish

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

buster2010

This is America and we can wear what we want here..

Sure, we can wear what we want and practice what religion we want. We can also read what we want.

While I don't advocate targeting people because of their religion, I don't think it is right to target people because of their political views either. Also, it is an unfortunate truth that in terms of security hijab can hide a lot. Yet, this is ignored, ostensibly because of sensitivity...? People get angry about this because the TSA is so inconsistent in how they apply those sensitivities. Some groups are targeted, others are ignored and generally it just seems entirely based upon the subjective "judgment" of just one or two TSA agents involved in any one incident. The application of their process and training is maddeningly arbitrary.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

khimbar
I know your title quotes Infowars but I can't help thinking what the hell difference it makes that they're Jewish.

People have been targetted for years by the TSA but now, because it happened to a Jewish person, it's different?

I'm beginning to wonder the same thing.

After logging onto some other sites, I noticed that this story is EVERYWHERE, including the front page of Yahoo...

There are tons of incidents which were much worse than anything described here, so why is this story getting so much attention?

This is how conspiracy theories begin: that Jews are a protected class, that they run the media etc.

People are going to assume that the reason why this story is getting so much attention is because this lady is Jewish and the underlying implication is "how dare the TSA question a Jew".

edit on 9-2-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Actually this has nothing to do with religion and I can not understand how that is even being pushed by people.

This is a political issue but even more importantly it is about the TSA doing what they want with no worries of every facing any consequences for their actions.

They pulled her for a NEWSPAPER she was reading. Next your wife will be pulled for reading fifty shades of grey and them thinking she is a prostitute.

And if all of you think that the TSA goons are contained only in airports then you better think again.

TSA Coming to a sidewalk near you!

OR

TSA to greet you at your favorite music festival

So yeah all of you people turning a blind eye to where the TSA is headed do not cry when they want to grab at you and your family before you enter your own house, you know for your own safety

And keep letting the media separate people, Divide and conquer.Please learn to read between the lines spewing from them.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

My thoughts exactly! I was wondering why the fuss now? Because it is so horrible that it happened to someone of Jewish gentics? I guess those of us with the Heinz 57 genetic makeup don't count?

OR

Does this just go to show MORE unlawful tactics by a corrupt government? After all, my thoughts would be that most likely this TSA agent was trained to look for this sort of thing, more so than just singling this woman out because of their own personal bigotry......

Interesting development from the criminal agency known as the TSA.........

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

redhorse

buster2010

This is America and we can wear what we want here..

Sure, we can wear what we want and practice what religion we want. We can also read what we want.

While I don't advocate targeting people because of their religion, I don't think it is right to target people because of their political views either. Also, it is an unfortunate truth that in terms of security hijab can hide a lot. Yet, this is ignored, ostensibly because of sensitivity...? People get angry about this because the TSA is so inconsistent in how they apply those sensitivities. Some groups are targeted, others are ignored and generally it just seems entirely based upon the subjective "judgment" of just one or two TSA agents involved in any one incident. The application of their process and training is maddeningly arbitrary.

The only reason she claims to have been searched is because she said she was reading a paper. The interview she gave clearly shows she is a racist so it's not hard to see her making stuff up just to try to get sympathy.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think you guys are missing the point. Conservatives are the number target because if u want to progressively transform Amerika to a totalitarian police state, conserving the way America is founded on is an enemy.
edit on 9-2-2014 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join