It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moment of enlightment captured on film?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Two different videos from two different sources that show us the same reaction of someone who has become enlightened. What have they realized exactly and what can we do to get to that point?

edit on 8-2-2014 by genma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

Move to Colorado.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Maybe if they quit laughing long enough they could tell you how to get to "that point".

Back (decades ago) in my youth, I had several instances where I "felt and acted" like these folks do. I am not sure if that has anything to do with what is going on here though.

I have seen that reaction many times though in different situations. Extreme relief, overly tired, chemical use, etc.

Everybody always talks about enlightenment, but I have never known anyone that actually achieved it myself. Maybe I am just in a crowd destined for unenlightenment? Who knows...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Funny that"moment of enlightenment"looked a lot like a nervous breakdown.His statement could hardly be considered revelationary.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Ignorance really is bliss.

Wait...can I say that on ATS?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

Looks much more like a nervous break down then enlightenment.

Science has proven that deep meditation and dissociation are just way of your body getting high naturally.

/next

edit on 9-2-2014 by Kargun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kargun

Science just gives data. It is up to man to speculate the purpose of the data.

Why does the body produce and experience a chemically induced euphoria?

Can you scientifically prove why laughter and joy were ever produced in the first place?

Why does it feel good to relieve stress? Why does the body produce endorphins? Why do endorphins even exist, and why do we sense them as pleasure instead of pain?

You can't answer that kind of # with science.
edit on 2/9/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have just entered 'awakening and nervous breakdown' into google and it is amazing how many websites have come up.

Jung understood very well that one of the greatest dangers that you encounter during this experience is to become inflated, thinking that you are someone special. You become identified with the archetype instead of relating to it from the standpoint of a conscious human ego. You’ve literally gotten swallowed up and possessed by the deeper, more powerful transpersonal forces, falling totally into your unconscious. You can become truly insane, thinking, for example, that only you are Christ or Buddha, instead of recognizing that we’re all Christ or Buddha. This is the difference between someone who is truly mentally ill, who could be said to be drowning in the stormy ocean of the unconscious, compared to an accomplished mystic, who is being nurtured and nourished by swimming, surfing and snorkling in the healing waters of their psyche.
www.awakeninthedream.com...

Of course, another great danger, which I can talk about from personal experience, is to wind up in the clutches of and be diagnosed and medicated by the medical, psychiatric community, who typically have no understanding of phenomena such as spiritual emergences. One psychiatrist even diagnosed me as having the same illness as Freuds infamous “Rat Man,” saying I would need three years of intensive psychotherapy and then I would be cured! To again quote Laing, “Anyone in this transitional state is likely to be confused. To indicate that this confusion is a sign of illness, is a quick way to create psychosis….A psychiatrist who professes to be a healer of souls, but who keeps people asleep, treats them for waking up and drugs them asleep again….helps to drive them crazy.”

edit on 9-2-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   

genma
Two different videos from two different sources that show us the same reaction of someone who has become enlightened. What have they realized exactly and what can we do to get to that point?

edit on 8-2-2014 by genma because: (no reason given)

Ill tell you what, that first video, I was right there with him buddy

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The current correct expression of enlightenment is a sad face showing loss. After that the expression would be one of absence of emotion and after that another stage might be reached, which is the joyful one.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It goes to show laughter is absolutely contagious. That second video gave me a smile up until 2.5min in at which point I began chuckling myself.

We need more laughter in this world.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Everybody always talks about enlightenment, but I have never known anyone that actually achieved it myself. Maybe I am just in a crowd destined for unenlightenment? Who knows...

We reach many moments of "enlightenment" throughout our lifetimes. Most call them epiphanies, or revelations. Sometimes those moments can cause a range of emotions. Laughter, tears, sadness, astonishment, even depression and/or a sick feeling. Sometimes a person goes through stages as new understanding sinks in.

In the Matrix, Neo vomited when he understood the implications of the truth he had just learned.

edit on 2/9/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

Two different videos from two different sources that show us the same reaction of someone who has become enlightened.

Become enlightened?

Yeah these guys seemed to have an epiphany

What have they realized exactly and what can we do to get to that point?

They tell you, didn't you watch the videos?

Nothing "we" can do, something you can do when you find the right path to enlightenment, beware of those trying to show you the way.

However you are asking so I suspect you will have a wild ride.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

We reach many moments of "enlightenment" throughout our lifetimes. Most call them epiphanies, or revelations. Sometimes those moments can cause a range of emotions. Laughter, tears, sadness, astonishment, even depression and/or a sick feeling. Sometimes a person goes through stages as new understanding sinks in. In the Matrix, Neo vomited when he understood the implications of the truth he had just learned.

An enlightening post,

Cannot be said any better,

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritspeak

spiritspeak
The current correct expression of enlightenment

And how did you come to this Judgment of what the 'correct' expression should be?

There is no 'correct' expression unless you believe there is.

When a person is 'enlightened' they respond in whatever way they do.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

arpgme
reply to post by spiritspeak

spiritspeak
The current correct expression of enlightenment

And how did you come to this Judgment of what the 'correct' expression should be?

Well there is bad and good and inbetween which is just something non-existant. When one looks at our planets history and understands oneself through that, one's place on the planet is when one should feel sad. And when the moment has passed it's useless to feel sad again so the only way is up.

Then comes the interplanetary enlightenment which is basically the same but bigger ofcourse.

There is no 'correct' expression unless you believe there is.

When a person is 'enlightened' they respond in whatever way they do.

The only thing incorrect is when one group of people say happy is a smile (
) and sadness is another expression (
) and then another turns it around and twists it into infinity.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by genma

Makes me think of the concept "Crazy Wisdom".

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by genma

Enlightenment is a slippery word, especially for something without words. Awakening is much nicer as it acknowledges that it is something that is there all the time for everyone, it's less not more. It need not take any effort, it is utterly tangent to cause and effect.

And there can be a life long journey between stumbling across it by 'accident' for a moment and developing the ease to access the state on demand and maybe eventually continuously. Once accessed, it changes (removes ? resets? twiddle-nose-at?) all the assumptions.

Calling it 'enlightenment' is a bit of a trap really. That may tend to impose boundaries instead of grokking that they're not. Silly game to play.

top topics

join