It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Rats - not Humans - will dominate Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
www.forbes.com...

Giant Rats To Inherit The Earth

Forget Planet of the Apes; in the distant future, the Earth will be populated by giant rats.

Some of them could grow to weigh as much as people.

“Given enough time, rats could probably grow to be at least as large as the capybara. The world’s largest rodent that lives today can reach 80kg (175lbs),” said Dr Jan Zalasiewicz, a paelobiologist at Leicester University. “If the ecospace was sufficiently empty, then they could get larger still.”

Interesting. So, after humans get exterminated by NWO or whoever, rats will inherity the earth and grow to larger than humans (and likely way more muscle than just blubbery human fat).

Wonder how intelligent they will get? Doubt they'd wipe themselves out like humans, but who knows..

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Seriously?

My lord, you actually believe this?

What is a human sized rat going to do against a pistol? Or an AK or any assault rifle for that matter? You can't believe an animal/rodent can take over....Look at Lions, elephants, etc that are much bigger than humans, they didn't take over the world yet and they are much more formidable than a stupid filthy rat....

Let's say even all humans are taken out and nobody to kill anything, a rat even human sized would be the last animal/rodent I could see taking over....
edit on 2/7/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

ETA: Honestly though, humans won't ever be extinct unless the entire Earth is destroyed as in blown up completely....We have too many secret underground bases full of people, we will always return back to earth from the elite if humans were killed off the surface.
edit on 2/7/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They've been bigger. In fact they were so large at one time they needed a river to live in and support their body weight.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I actually think it wont be rats......but....giant cockroaches that will be around in a few millenia

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So, after humans get exterminated by NWO or whoever, rats will inherity the earth and grow to larger than humans

I can't tell the difference between the rats and the NWO so it's a moot point to me.

Seriously though, rats are pretty tough. Could see them easily being around long after we humanoid types have perished. Not sure about them growing to giant sizes though, maybe but they reproduce pretty fast so resources could be an issue.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Now that's arrogance!

'We will never go Extinct UNLESS our planet is blown up'

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Not saying that I'm giving an credence to this theory, but the biggest difference between rodents and giant cats like lions and tigers is their appetites. Lions and tigers are purely carnivorous. Rats on the other hand eat garbage or basically anything in front of their faces. Then they breed and breed and breed. If there is one thing this world is starting to have plenty of, its garbage. Who knows, if tomorrow, humans were wiped off the face of the planet, maybe rats will win the next evolutionary race thanks to all the garbage (and soon to be garbage from the stuff we hadn't thrown away yet) that will be laying around.

link   

How is that arrogant? You actually believe someone is able to kill off the elites in the underground bunkers far from reach of normal people? God would be the only other answer to get rid of those people...You explain how else and I will listen.

link   

Seriously?

Read the article, it dosn't suggest rats to overcome people with force

Rats are an extreem survivor, and have an immun system that quickly adapt to new threats, plus they can live of anything and anywhere.

So it makes sense that they will survive in the long run.

Humans are weak to all sorts of viruses that could quickly end the race.

edit on 7-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Not saying that I'm giving an credence to this theory, but the biggest difference between rodents and giant cats like lions and tigers is their appetites. Lions and tigers are purely carnivorous. Rats on the other hand eat garbage or basically anything in front of their faces. Then they breed and breed and breed. If there is one thing this world is starting to have plenty of, its garbage. Who knows, if tomorrow, humans were wiped off the face of the planet, maybe rats will win the next evolutionary race thanks to all the garbage (and soon to be garbage from the stuff we hadn't thrown away yet) that will be laying around.

Well that does sound very feasible, honestly! You are correct about that, but do you think the rats can outsmart their predators long enough to evolve into big enough creatures to take out much larger animals on the food chain?

link   

Chrisfishenstein

How is that arrogant? You actually believe someone is able to kill off the elites in the underground bunkers far from reach of normal people? God would be the only other answer to get rid of those people...You explain how else and I will listen.

um... Disease...

link   

Bassago

So, after humans get exterminated by NWO or whoever, rats will inherity the earth and grow to larger than humans

I can't tell the difference between the rats and the NWO so it's a moot point to me.

Seriously though, rats are pretty tough. Could see them easily being around long after we humanoid types have perished. Not sure about them growing to giant sizes though, maybe but they reproduce pretty fast so resources could be an issue.

Exactly. Rats are tough, ruthless, highly adaptable, smart, and yes they breed like mad. If they ever evolve an articulate pincer grasp I don't know if we would need an apocalypse to wipe out humanity, it would just be the rats. (Just kidding on that last bit. Well okay... half kidding).

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

My point is, they have to live long enough from other much larger predators before they could "take over". You think that is possible?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Ants my friends. All 1 000 000 000 000 000 of them.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Chrisfishenstein

um... Disease...

So every underground bunker that is on Earth in many different countries and places are all going to die from a disease? You don't think they have every medication known to man down there? We are talking about the elite here

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

No, i agree with that, but that would be other animals not humans, but we all no the wording,"They breed like rats", they multiply extremly fast.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Anything is possible, though rats have a natural edge already since they are one of the few animals that have adapted to urban life. Not many other animals leave the forests, so rats will have all the cities and towns to evolve into whatever. Look at NYC, the rats there are getting pretty big and they are EVERYWHERE. Just go down into the subway system on a quiet day and listen.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I think you give to much credit to the master race called " The Elite ", one rat bite in those bunkers could vipe them out.

Where there are people there are rats.

edit on 7-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein

Krazysh0t

Chrisfishenstein

um... Disease...

So every underground bunker that is on Earth in many different countries and places are all going to die from a disease? You don't think they have every medication known to man down there? We are talking about the elite here

And what if the disease that is wiping out humanity was previously unknown to man?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Chrisfishenstein

Krazysh0t

Chrisfishenstein

um... Disease...

And what if the disease that is wiping out humanity was previously unknown to man?

Good point, but how would they get it living undergound?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join