It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: If Republicans Don’t Trust the President, ‘Why Don’t We Just Pack Up and Go Home’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

edit on 7-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

As a defense for the right wings obstructionist leadership,

Maybe just maybe the Republicans paid attention to the last two immigration so call reforms passed under Reagan, and Clinton.

And oh damn less than a decade 'immigration' still 'needs fixed'.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

So them evil righties roll over,and play dead yet for third time ?

Since those so called 'reforms' never solved a damn thing.

this suggests that in regards to immigration, republicans should not discuss immigration reform until Obama reforms immigration.

Pelosi was there both times, and following that logic she, and both left, and right should neither be 'discussing' immigration.

Reform it once again, and nothing be done ?

But make no mistake what immigration is all about is the left trying to buy more voters because they alienated us 'legals'.

And that my friends is why the right wing will never win another national election again.

Apparently they can or the left wouldn't be all hair on fire hell bent of giving people from other countries 'citizenship', but that is all about their votes.

The 'logic' of a 3rd grade can see that charade for what it is.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No one is trying to make them the "topic," just pointing out their history of posting idiotic right-wing propaganda and warning those who may not be aware of the source.

BTW, it was no surprise to me that you Neo, were first to jump to his defense. You guys are easily identifiable here on ATS, just by virtue of the tens of thousands of stars you continually award each other for your outrageous posts.

Nancy Pelosi is only stating the obvious, which is the fact that the GOP in the House have no plans to change their obstructionist tactics any time soon and now that they're openly stating that they can't legislate because they don't trust the POTUS, and seeing how the POTUS isn't going anywhere anytime soon, they may as well pack up and go home.

As pathetic as it may be it's true, the GOP has no intentions of conducting any of the business of government so long as Obama is in office. Instead of going to Washington to make things happen, it's now more than apparent that the real reason they went there was to make sure that nothing happens. And we wonder why their approval rating hovers in the low teens.

At this point in time, I'm convinced that if Charles Manson were let out of prison promising to repeal ObamaCare, the GOP and more specifically the Tea Party, would fall over themselves rushing to the polls to elect him to Congress at the earliest opportunity. Furthermore, I think the majority of Americans are coming to this realization as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It could also be that people have paid attention to the 80+ % American response and active contact of Government as we saw in the last failure of attempting to force amnesty down our throats.

They seem to think they have made some huge progress from the days ..not THAT long ago..when John McCain was heard screaming down other Senators behind closed doors and the Capital Hill switchboard literally crashed out by the sheer call volume in opposition to it. They haven't 'Won' anything. Like so many other issues ..and COPA/SOPA eventually will be too (mark my words) they didn't change minds or win people over. They pulled a Richard Nixon on us, and they'll KEEP doing it. They just NEVER EVER go away and they'll pester, harass and make us miserable until we give them what they want and shut them up like a stinking umbrella.

They know eventually we'd pass a law to ship icewater to Satan himself if they harass and pester the public long enough and repeatedly on almost any issue..and so they do. They wear us down, year after year and majority opposed? Oh.. to a SANE PERSON this would mean our system *WORKS*, the people have SPOKEN and DROP THE BAD IDEA! ! ! ! ! ! .... No.. Of course, to our Government? They are incapable of failure or bad ideas. If something isn't working, the plan can never be the problem. It's simply not doing enough OF IT which MUST be to blame...... (sigh)

* The worst thing about becoming an Ex-Pat in the future will be that I must say goodbye to my firearms collection ..with some actually having deep family and even minor historic value in one case. Damn...countries worth moving to don't care for them, so I'll have to adjust to the 'When in Rome' concept ..but it beats being buttered up for a shafting by our own people on a daily basis like this.

Hell... RUSSIA is better than we have right now. Russia is wide open and up front about their attitude on Freedom. It's what they define it to be...and if someone doesn't like it, they can be moved to Siberia to ponder it for a few years.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

No one is trying to make them the "topic," just pointing out their history of posting idiotic right-wing propaganda and warning those who may not be aware of the source

Yeah there were. As oppose to 'left wing propaganda'

BTW, it was no surprise to me that you Neo, were first to jump to his defense. You guys are easily identifiable here on ATS, just by virtue of the tens of thousands of stars you continually award each other for your outrageous posts.

Stars ?

LOL stars ?

Checked out the multimillionaire star owners lately ?

Had no idea there was 'star fear' on here.

Nancy Pelosi is only stating the obvious, which is the fact that the GOP in the House have no plans to change their obstructionist tactics

'Obstructionist GOP' LOL

What is not to like about 'democracy'

That is how it is suppose to work.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

jjkenobi
I still love that all the Democrats gave a standing ovation when Obama said he would just bypass all of them and executive order everything. They might as well go home, their positions are meaningless.

Is that what you heard? Because this is the President's actual words:

Today, after four years of economic growth, corporate profits and stock prices have rarely been higher, and those at the top have never done better. But average wages have barely budged. Inequality has deepened. Upward mobility has stalled. The cold, hard fact is that even in the midst of recovery, too many Americans are working more than ever just to get by – let alone get ahead. And too many still aren’t working at all.

Our job is to reverse these trends. It won’t happen right away, and we won’t agree on everything. But what I offer tonight is a set of concrete, practical proposals to speed up growth, strengthen the middle class, and build new ladders of opportunity into the middle class. Some require Congressional action, and I’m eager to work with all of you. But America does not stand still – and neither will I. So wherever and whenever I can take steps without legislation to expand opportunity for more American families, that’s what I’m going to do.

www.whitehouse.gov...

*emphasis mine

Obama did not say he was going to bypass Congress.

I find it kind of ironic that the right clamors on about illegal immigrants learning the English language; yet, many of them can't seem to understand basic English themselves.

The President (the Executive Branch) works for the people, not for Congress. If Congress refuses to do their job and work for the people, then the President must take any and all actions within the scope of his job. That is the way our government is set up to operate.

So, yes, the Democrats stood up in applause for the President's statement. Not because he is overreaching his power; rather, because he is finally going to wield the power that he has had all along.

edit on 7-2-2014 by LeatherNLace because: added source

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hell... RUSSIA is better than we have right now. Russia is wide open and up front about their attitude on Freedom. It's what they define it to be...and if someone doesn't like it, they can be moved to Siberia to ponder it for a few years.

Dunno about that from what I hear about Sochi.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

neo96

As a defense for the right wings obstructionist leadership,

Maybe just maybe the Republicans paid attention to the last two immigration so call reforms passed under Reagan, and Clinton.

And oh damn less than a decade 'immigration' still 'needs fixed'.

Something is rotten in Denmark.

So them evil righties roll over,and play dead yet for third time ?

Since those so called 'reforms' never solved a damn thing.

So, to understand you:
The problem wasn't fixed in the past
therefore we should stop trying to fix the problem
until the problem is fixed,
then we can discuss the fix.

The 'logic' of a 3rd grade can see that charade for what it is.

Mhmm.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't get me wrong my friend. I would never consider relocating to the Russian Federation. I was raised in the final generation or so of the Cold War's closing days ..and even if Russia hadn't reverted back to it's bad old days in so many ways, it's still no place I'd ever choose to do more than visit as a tourist.

When I say Russia is better than we are..I mean it very narrowly and generally in the sense that they aren't playing games within puzzles, wrapped inside enigmas to THEIR OWN population, as if snowing everyone over with B.S. was a national sport with medals for winners at the end of the day.

Russia is turning back to it's totalitarian roots ..and perhaps? Good for them. They were a total wreck of an experiment with forced democracy...which should be a lesson to those who would force it anywhere in the world, outside those asking for help with it. However, for all the bad things I can say about Vlad Putin and his merry band of ...leadership? I can't say he's a game player for the sheer sake and enjoyment of playing games.

America plays games and lies...even when the truth would literally serve us better.

Russia just says what they mean, most of the time, and confidently invites someone to step up and take direct issue with it, if they care THAT much. No one who has tried, has ever succeeded in a historic context ...

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

So, to understand you: The problem wasn't fixed in the past therefore we should stop trying to fix the problem until the problem is fixed, then we can discuss the fix.

To understand me show me one thing the US government ever done right.

Show me one GD thing they have ever 'fixed' in Washington DC.

Show me.

No one can.

30 years of immigration

over 100 years of 'making them evil corporations act like good litte kids'

Over 70 years of 'guns getting up all on their own going around hurting people'.

Over 70 years of 'social programs' that haven't helped people, but made them slaves to the state. To now they scream bloody murder when their benefits get cut off.

If they actually FIXED things in Washington it would be a different story.

But hey them GD GOP 'obstructionists' won't roll over, and play dead to let the left put lip stick on a pig, pat themselves on the back for a 'job well done' and 1 administration later back to the beginning.

Yeah and even a 3rd grader can see the US government doesn't solve problems they CREATE them.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

America plays games and lies...even when the truth would literally serve us better.

Yep we do, our government that is.

The only truth in politics is there is no truth, but perception.

The perception says 'immigration reform' 30 years later.

They still haven't 'fixed' it.

Hell they haven't fixed nothing, but made things worse.

(post by SaturnFX removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I think a better point would have been "If none of us can be trusted to do as we are told by our constituents, because we are all self interested psychopaths with megalomaniac tendencies, then why don't we all go home right now, lock ourselves in our garages, and set fire to our cars while inside them?"

THAT would be a more accurate representation of the way all politicians ought to feel about their lives, and what happens in them. Whether they are from the USA, the UK, the Ukraine, or for that matter the ex KGB officer who now leads Russia, none of them are worth a damn, and I would not urinate on a single one of them to extinguish them in the event of a fire.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

SaturnFX
Now, my question is simple
Are you wrong because of ignorance, or because your a liar?
Has to be one or the other, right?

Sorry, but I have to question your premiss that it must be one or the other.

Just based on the insanity contained in Neo's response to this post, I'm inclined to believe that some people are both, ignorant and liars.

Apparently, so long as the lie supports their ignorant belief, they openly embrace it and promote it as the new truth. Then again, some people just aren't happy unless they're not happy, you know what I mean?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Snarl
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

I kinda see what you're proposing as being a system already in place. They send their front man out there to do the talking for him. Been that way for a long long time. Don'tcha think that's why Kennedy got bumped off?

I think you're still confused.

um, but, with a distributed personage legally recognized as a person, "they", whomever "they" might be, would have to take out however many people make up that personage.
Maybe run more planes, or whatever "they" want to call planes in buildings until all of targets get got.

Thing is, however, so long as one person is left out of the distributed personage, they're still legally viable, and could then just pull from their vice-usainc pool of alternates to refill the ranks and numbers of the personage.

Think of it as the Borg from Star Trek;
Lots of people all speaking with one voice, but, now, in real life, and not evil machines bent on assimilating everything in their path; just a collection of people representing one platform as one personality, capable of acting as one person that can be several places at once, and achieve much more as well.

The logistics of such a thing might be wonky with any number of 2, 3, 10, whatever stepping out of the Chorus to make Presidential speeches, etc, and presidential decision making would likely rely on a quorum of bodies to weigh in on any issue/subject where whatever decision is reached is backed by all in concert, unanimously, as one person.

It'd also be confusing to folks with no one singular face to identify, blame, vilify, cheer, or root for.
Mebbe they could wear those gimmicky Guy Fawkes masks? Or something less creepy like a presidential hat?

ketsuko
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

That's what the 501(c)3 groups that the IRS is targeting were all about - people incorporating to pool their money and voices.

You didn't think the politicians were actually angry at real big corporations did you in the sense that you mean did you?

You understand that big business and big politics are all on the same page, right?

It's all about the power, and when those pesky TEA party groups started to actually organize and incorporate ... well they couldn't have that and suddenly "Corporations are people?! How stupid is that?! Rawr, Rawr, rawr ... There oughta be a law" oh, and a thousand IRS rules keeping the people from incorporating and activating ...

Um, have you read what I've said?

I'm not proposing anything that has anything to do with any existing corporations.
I've already stated they (already extent corps) wield a ton of power over politics as is.

As far as 501 status goes, forget about it and just pay taxes.

You can then have a legal entity made up of any X number of folks, acting as one legally recognized individual with endeavor to hold office as an amalgamated, distributed personage.

As stated above, you could then have something like the Borg, but, not actually, just an approximation of one united voice made up of several people.

Would such a thing work?
Who really cares?
It'd be more entertaining that what's currently political theater, and it couldn't be any worse.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

All government, in its essence, is a conspiracy against the superior man: its one permanent object is to oppress him and cripple him. If it be aristocratic in organization, then it seeks to protect the man who is superior only in law against the man who is superior in fact; if it be democratic, then it seeks to protect the man who is inferior in every way against both. One of its primary functions is to regiment men by force, to make them as much alike as possible and as dependent upon one another as possible, to search out and combat originality among them. All it can see in an original idea is potential change, and hence an invasion of its prerogatives. The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are

en.wikiquote.org...

Back to the worship at the alter of statolatry, and those of us who don't are neither liars, nor ignorant.

Those who defend the state clearly show which is which.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I suppose a source is out of the question here. as much as I trust the "tea party news network" website (snickers), I am going to say I have my doubts of at least the context of the sentence being represented here.

article; HuffPost

story MSNBC

and perhaps you could explain your views about "Checks and Balances" ?

Love to hear it !!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite
Would such a thing work?
Who really cares?
It'd be more entertaining that what's currently political theater, and it couldn't be any worse.

Does anything the gobbment do these days work?
Well, we know Hillary certainly does not care!
And finally, for your entertainment value I present to you Dear Nancy Herself,
She does not know either! No one in this administration knows anything!

See that?

Pass it to find out whats in it?

We dont know why it doesnt work?

Unreal!!! How unprofessional!
Please, go home Nancy!
edit on 7-2-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by xuenchen

I think a better point would have been "If none of us can be trusted to do as we are told by our constituents, because we are all self interested psychopaths with megalomaniac tendencies, then why don't we all go home right now, lock ourselves in our garages, and set fire to our cars while inside them?"

THAT would be a more accurate representation of the way all politicians ought to feel about their lives, and what happens in them. Whether they are from the USA, the UK, the Ukraine, or for that matter the ex KGB officer who now leads Russia, none of them are worth a damn, and I would not urinate on a single one of them to extinguish them in the event of a fire.

Not a bad point.

I tend to agree.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join