It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: If Republicans Don’t Trust the President, ‘Why Don’t We Just Pack Up and Go Home’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by SaturnFX

I suppose a source is out of the question here. as much as I trust the "tea party news network" website (snickers), I am going to say I have my doubts of at least the context of the sentence being represented here.

article; HuffPost

story MSNBC

and perhaps you could explain your views about "Checks and Balances" ?

Love to hear it !!

How bout instead we discuss the worst congress in the history of the united states, the failure class that for generations will be pointed at as the example of how to break the united states.

Congress has said that because they think the president wont enforce the law, they won't make the law to begin with.
Even though the president has enforced the current law moreso than any president before him.

Its disingenuous bullcrap that is the polar opposite of leadership and governance that congress is meant to be doing
but
it also fits perfectly with the tea party / right fringe mentality of anti-government anti-people luddites.
Checks and balances will be seen in 2016
at least in the places where the tea party fringe hasn't suppressed the vote..the anti-americans love that new bit of news though on how they have destroyed much of the voting privliges
you and the rest of the traitors however are being outbred and with a endless vigilance against your attempt for web censorship in the name of capitalism over information, knowledge is being sent to anyone under the age of 60. can't come fast enough..
push the luddites to the corner and into the sea.
I never was a fan of Pelosi, but I am rapidly becoming one after seeing all complaints about her are completely fabricated by the -con'ers

[SNIP]
edit on 2/8/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

DrEugeneFixer
reply to post by xuenchen

Obama has been extremely aggressive in enforcing immigration. He has deported more people than any president in history.
368,644 just in 2013.

www.politifact.com...

www.ice.gov...

Given these facts, it's really some BS to say that Obama is not going to enforce immigration laws. He is already doing quite a bit more than his predecessors, Bush, and Clinton.

It's the "Quantity" vs "Quality" ratio that counts ....

The Obama administration has set records for deportations, but the types of immigrants it is kicking out of the country has changed dramatically over the past four years, according to numbers the Homeland Security Department has had to turn over as part of a pending court case.

Records show that the number of regular deportations from within the interior the rank-and-file illegal immigrants who are living and working in the shadows has plummeted by 25 percent. Instead, the department has surged deportations along the borders.

That change means that illegal immigrants who successfully navigate the border are in less danger of being deported, unless they commit serious crimes that bring them to the attention of the federal government.

Obama’s immigrant deportation numbers tell different stories in interior, on border

I would also be interested in your opinions and views about "Checks & Balances".

And another question I have is about the "illegal" population.

We keep hearing the "11 million" number being thrown around.

Assuming the deportation numbers are real, then where *Are* all the rest?

How are these 11 million living?

Where are they getting money and services?

How come we don't a massive death rate from starvation?

Are these 11 million all homeless?

Maybe certain political groups are exaggerating?

How do we know for sure the "illegal" population isn't 500,000?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So from your response, I get the feeling you prefer a "single party" or a "Like minded" party to run the whole government?

Perhaps some Constitutional Amendments are in order?

I would be interested in seeing a full list of pros and cons to that idea and how that compares to the current system of checks & balances.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I am interested in your views of "Checks & Balances" and how it plays into the U.S. Government system.

Sometimes you come up with sensible rebuttals.

But sometimes I think you forget to make sure the cue stick has a tip on it before you make the shot.

Perhaps that's why you often never get to the eight ball.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It's the "Quantity" vs "Quality" ratio that counts ....

Somehow to you it's lax enforcement to kick people out of the country before they get a chance to even settle in, rather than wait until they have jobs and homes. Whatever, dude. Obama is enforcing immigration more vigorously than it has been in a generation.

I would also be interested in your opinions and views about "Checks & Balances".

Sounds like you want to change the subject.

And another question I have is about the "illegal" population.

We keep hearing the "11 million" number being thrown around.

Assuming the deportation numbers are real, then where *Are* all the rest?

How are these 11 million living?

Where are they getting money and services?

How come we don't a massive death rate from starvation?

Are these 11 million all homeless?

Maybe certain political groups are exaggerating?

How do we know for sure the "illegal" population isn't 500,000?

As for your other questions, just use google or wikipedia. I am not your personal information source.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DrEugeneFixer

Thank You.

[suspicious frown]

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Sounds like you want to change the subject.

No.

Just want your interpretations and opinions about "Checks & Balances".

Is the concept Constitutional?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

xuenchen

So from your response, I get the feeling you prefer a "single party" or a "Like minded" party to run the whole government?

Perhaps some Constitutional Amendments are in order?

I would be interested in seeing a full list of pros and cons to that idea and how that compares to the current system of checks & balances.

We had that from 2008 to 2010 and the people said no thanks.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I don't think the majority of Americans trust her nor congress nor the president. So maybe the entire lot of them should just pack their bags and go home.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Oh please Nancy, please please please follow through on this one.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Blowback
repeat after Nancy Pelosi ,, "we have too pass it too find out whats in it"

edit on 7-2-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

What an absolute nutcase. The women needs a straight jacket, and thrown into a mental asylum. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

beezzer
Hey Nancy!

My lord another mentally deranged lunatic. These are the kinds of basket cases that we have representing us all. No wonder this country is going down the turd drain. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

*sigh*

More partisan nonsense.
Republicans this. Democrats that.

It doesn't matter!

The entire system is corrupt and at this point it's just a game for those in power to bicker over who has the most power.

Next election, if the Republicans get their favored candidate in office, they'll be sure to cry foul when/if the Democrats turn around and repeat the very same tactic in following an already by then established precedent.

If corporations can be people, then, methinks a new party should form as a collective corporation where the corporation itself runs for President, that way, we could have like 100 different people as acting President all at the same time; all of them giving the finger to the old 2 party establishment.

It'd be more entertaining than this old done to death tired nonsense of D vs. R all the time, and the "President" as a distributed "person" could be in more than one place at one time, and get way much more accomplished.

Corporations already run America, so, why not legitimize with a political corporation?

meh.

My sentiments exactly ABW. I keep wondering when people are going to figure out that it matters not what party you affiliate with. It's like they keep flipping a coin and expecting it not to land on either heads or tails. Come on folks, you do realize it is still one coin but with two faces don't you?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Whatever, dude. Obama is enforcing immigration more vigorously than it has been in a generation.

Riiiiiggghhhttt!!!
Especially when it comes to his own family member's.

A U.S. immigration judge ruled on Tuesday that President Barack Obama's Kenyan-born uncle can stay in the United States as a lawful resident, despite his decades dodging deportation and a 2011 drunk-driving arrest.

His deportation order came to light after he was arrested and charged with drunk driving in August 2011 in Framingham, Massachusetts, where he has worked for more than 11 years at a convenience store. After his arrest, he allegedly told police: "I think I will call the White House."

Judge Shapiro is the same judge who in 2010 granted asylum to Obama's sister and President Obama's aunt, Zeituni Onyango.

Obama's Kenyan born Uncle gets Green card

The same Judge has heard both of obama's relatives deportation cases
What you think

Some thing just doesn't look right here, The Same Judge?
Does Obama Lie, Much!!!

Two years after saying President Obama had not met an uncle who faced deportation, the White House said Thursday that Obama lived briefly with him back in the 1980s.

During the hearing, Onyango Obama — the half-brother of the president's father — claimed a relationship with his famous nephew.

The president and his uncle have not stayed in touch, Carney said.

"The president has not seen Omar Obama in 20 years and has not spoken with him in roughly 10 years," Carney said.

Carney also repeated that the White House had "absolutely zero" involvement in the uncle's deportation case.

link
If you believe the Above Statement from the Administration Of Lies!

You need a Reality Check!

His Total Incompetence!

It's NOT, the Republicans or the Democrats ( with a Brain ) that need to Go Home,,, It's Obama, Bow Out Now and be Graceful about it, you're a Failure!

edit on 8-2-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

DrEugeneFixer

Obama has been extremely aggressive in enforcing immigration. He has deported more people than any president in history.
368,644 just in 2013.

www.politifact.com...

www.ice.gov...

Given these facts, it's really some BS to say that Obama is not going to enforce immigration laws. He is already doing quite a bit more than his predecessors, Bush, and Clinton.

So what.
Bush was a progressive authoritarian, like obozo, and woman abuser. All three deported more than the predecessor.
Most of the "deportations" are at the border, and that may be up because of his policies. I'm pretty sure the people of mexico are aware this idiot along with the corrupt money grabbers in congress want to legalize everyone.

The loser in chief already legalized aliens by himself through executive orders, think MAYBE that had something to do with the high numbers?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

LeatherNLace

jjkenobi
I still love that all the Democrats gave a standing ovation when Obama said he would just bypass all of them and executive order everything. They might as well go home, their positions are meaningless.

Is that what you heard? Because this is the President's actual words:

Today, after four years of economic growth, corporate profits and stock prices have rarely been higher, and those at the top have never done better. But average wages have barely budged. Inequality has deepened. Upward mobility has stalled. The cold, hard fact is that even in the midst of recovery, too many Americans are working more than ever just to get by – let alone get ahead. And too many still aren’t working at all.

Our job is to reverse these trends. It won’t happen right away, and we won’t agree on everything. But what I offer tonight is a set of concrete, practical proposals to speed up growth, strengthen the middle class, and build new ladders of opportunity into the middle class. Some require Congressional action, and I’m eager to work with all of you. But America does not stand still – and neither will I. So wherever and whenever I can take steps without legislation to expand opportunity for more American families, that’s what I’m going to do.

www.whitehouse.gov...

*emphasis mine

Obama did not say he was going to bypass Congress.

I find it kind of ironic that the right clamors on about illegal immigrants learning the English language; yet, many of them can't seem to understand basic English themselves.

The President (the Executive Branch) works for the people, not for Congress. If Congress refuses to do their job and work for the people, then the President must take any and all actions within the scope of his job. That is the way our government is set up to operate.

So, yes, the Democrats stood up in applause for the President's statement. Not because he is overreaching his power; rather, because he is finally going to wield the power that he has had all along.

edit on 7-2-2014 by LeatherNLace because: added source

And where in the constitution is the president granted these "powers"?
It was my understanding that presidents did not make law but carried them out. Making laws is what we would call a DICTATOR.
You should just be honest and say that you want a dictator.

"He agrees with your views so he will be a good dictator. This will all work out, obozo loves you." -Foreign offshore mega-banks
edit on 9-2-2014 by pyramid head because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I don't believe a word the president says. I don't believe a word said by government in general. In fact...THEY don't believe a word they say. Do you remember the word "lie" or better yet...the word "liar"? That used to be one of the worst curses there was. If you lied you were a liar and if you were a liar, no one trusted you. No one would bother to listen to you and if you had something truthful to say...too bad. You were a liar for life.

Why do we accept the president and government lying to us??? I don't understand how we have taken the word "liar" and made it something acceptable. Lying is the ultimate (short of murder) sign that someone isn't to be trusted...EVER! Obama lied as did many presidents before him. Congress has lied as have many before them. But this administration, this congress has made an art out of lying and have made truth a joke.

If the president or any politician speaks to the people, they should be considered under oath and impeachable if they lie. In my personal life and opinion...a liar remains about the worst of people you run into on a daily basis. If you lie to your boss, you get fired. If you lie to your parents, you get punished. If you lie to a friend, you lose a friend.

The president lied. He is not my president because of this...and he shouldn't be yours. Why? Because he has repeatedly lied to you. He has made himself untrustworthy and made his words irrelevant to me, to the people and to the world.

edit on 2/9/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Flatfish
reply to post by neo96

As pathetic as it may be it's true, the GOP has no intentions of conducting any of the business of government so long as Obama is in office. Instead of going to Washington to make things happen, it's now more than apparent that the real reason they went there was to make sure that nothing happens. And we wonder why their approval rating hovers in the low teens.

The GOP is there to represent the people who voted them in. They represent a percentage of the voice of the country. That voice says "do this" and "don't do this". They are supposed to follow those instructions in order to do their job and represent these people.

The reason there are three branches of government is supposed to break a stalemate. The reason there is a house and a senate is to ALLOW a stalemate so no one branch can force something through that the people don't want. The president can break that stalemate but is SUPPOSED to consider the views of ALL THE PEOPLE...not just the majority or the party that put him in office. The president doesn't represent the people who put him in office...he is SUPPOSED TO represent the view of all the people. This president doesn't do that.

So...short of Obama deciding to speak for the country as a whole, executive orders only supporting 51% of the people are wrong and it shouldn't be happening. THAT is the beginning of a dictatorship. The president is supposed to bring people together and compromise. Do you see Obama doing that? Or do you see a president picking sides and doing what HE wants?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

That is the lamest statement ever. Get off the junk!!!! Someone has warped your mind into thinking Obama is extreme and something in your nature has clung to the BS. He can't be trusted? The Republicans are gearing their excuses to appeal only to the gullible. To everyone else it's just absurd.

(post by fripw removed for a manners violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join