It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner says no immigration deal until Obama enforces laws

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

nwtrucker
reply to post by Nephalim

Oh, sorry…my confusion...

lol, Im not a republican either. Your confusion is spot on. No worries.

I do have concerns though. There are tons of laws on the books man. The people tried to tell congress, many people here did about the sheer number. I would guess if the executive enforced EVERY law. The country would be.. not so great and way less fun. A lot more scary that's for sure. And of course, it COSTS a # ton to enforce all those laws.

Im fairly curious about the amounts of violations of rights both human and civil and then there are those pesky insurrection laws. Owwwwch.

See why I keep to civil opinion? Thats all Im entitled. Keeps me innocent… mostly.

Good luck with it all folks.
This may suck.
edit on 6-2-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Boehner is really threatening to obstruct? Same old song...

Why don't we severly penaylze the people who hire illegals? Instead of giving them a slap on the wrist or a free pass?

There will be no immigration reform that matters in this country as long as big business rules our politics. Illegals in this country are a source of cheap labor that no business is willingly give up.

If you want to reform immigration you must address the role business has in this issue.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There should be no immigration deal period.

All it is ?

Both left and right trying to buy new voters.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Want to prove that you are serious about enforcing immigration laws? Start by arresting the mayors of "sanctuary cities."

If I were mayor of my city, I would declare it a sanctuary city for counterfeiters. See how long that lasts.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Cool. My beef is this "immigration reform" issue covers the unaddressed bigger issue which is the one million or so "legal' immigrants brought into the U.S. when we have as much as 91 million unemployed in the country right now.

We don't need 'em.

Close the doors for a while, at least. "Bring me your..." is long gone. We can't even begin to dent the numbers that are out there....

edit on 6-2-2014 by nwtrucker because: grammar

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Dear confused, the "oil companies" couldn't care less how the oil gets to their refineries, rail or pipeline, it will get there.

Do you know why they want the pipeline? Because it will go to a foreign tax free zone and every drop is for export only none will be sold here in America. The oil companies has even said that it will make gas prices go up here in the states. Even though America will get nothing from this pipeline the Republicans want the American tax payer to spend billions building this pipeline for the oil companies. In the long run it will cost more jobs than it will create and the company that is running it has one of the worst oil spill records this pipeline should not be built.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

nwtrucker

Cool. My beef is this "immigration reform" issue covers the unaddressed bigger issue which is the one million or so "legal' immigrants brought into the U.S. when we have as much as 91 million unemployed in the country right now.

We don't need 'em.

Close the doors for a while, at least. "Bring me your..." is long gone. We can't even begin to dent the numbers that are out there....

Actually if we were to stop outsourcing everything we would have more than enough jobs for everyone. The companies that have done this used America to build their companies then turned around and crapped on America because the record profits they were already making just wasn't enough for them.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

What a crock all the way around lol. First off, historically the dems already the Hispanic vote and don't need to do anything to change that. Second, and more importantly for me, the President does not control what is prosecuted. He does not control federal judges. All a big bucket of political crap.

There is a simple solution for immigration. Round them all up and send them home to get in line with everyone else. You are not rewarded for breaking the law in this country, period. Next, mine the boarder. Cheapest, easiest way to stop anymore people from coming across.

Oh i can hear you crying already, mine the boarder, why you will kill people lol. How barbaric. Barbaric is allowing millions of people to flood into your country and break laws in doing so. Barbaric is allowing them to take jobs and food out the mouths of Americans and effect our economy.

The point is the ancient Chinese can build a wall we can certainly build a fracking fence. Lol. Seriously, there is literally nothing to talk about here. We don't reward people here for breaking the law. Go back and get in line, period. Fence the border for crying out loud. That is something everyone can agree on. Really want to stop illegal immigrants mine the border.

I think we should leave it to the states. It is the border states that are directly effected. Can't speak for the others but Texas would definitely stop them. Just turn the militia loose lol.

Lol.... Loosen up guys lol.

The Bot

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
After the last amnesty, we were promised a secure border and NO MORE AMNESTIES. They lied!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What other reason besides nefarious ones like voter fraud and other illegal benefits exist for democrats if illegals get to stay?
Because they care so much about migrants, and poor people and old people? Nope, not one poor person got richer since this administration, and all the other lies of helping people, have only gone in to politicians bank accounts.

This isn't promote ANYTHING Boehner does, since he is himself aiding and abetting crimes against America, by cooperating on plenty of other illegal things that are contrary to the laws of this country. Obama or his power players already have their hooks in half or more of the republican party..

The only way American citizens can ever trust these cowards and traitors would be if they were all dead first.

Letting these scumbags in both these parties do anything for us over and over again, but expecting or hoping they will actually come through on it each time, means that voters are all suffering serious delusions that if not treated will become full blown dissociative identity disorder, but I think we are already there on that front..

99% of the Obama administration, and 9/10ths of congress and the senate should be dragged away in leg irons and put in cages for the rest of their lives.
What will they want to do next? To find out the answer to this question, simply go to a lunatic asylum and ask the headmaster what are the most boneheaded things that the inmates here do?
His answers will probably match closely what to expect from our electorate!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I went for a visit to Arizona five years ago. I was amazed at the checkpoints inside the state with guards and german shepherd dogs, gave me the creeps. Then that big balloon flying around and that fence and all the other measures I was told about. I don't know what else can be done. To me it is a money pit. When do private citizens begin to take responsibility such as not giving illegals a job.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
During the election they tried to win over Latino voters by pointing out how Obama was on pace to pass Bush in the number of Immigrants deported. Since then the election has passed, and he has officially passed Bush and every other president with over 2 million deported, and I'm supposed to believe he isn't deporting people?

I guess facts be damned in the land of politics.

Now that I think of it, maybe that's their strategy. Maybe they want people to point out that Obama has deported 2 million people. Gotta score point whenever possible.
edit on 7-2-2014 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

There's a few companies that fall into that category. But, to ignore the costs of doing business in the U.S. and knowing full well if they didn't move to a low cost country someone else would. Then they'd be undercut and lose out/be forced out of business is pure economic reality.

To ignore that is myopic.

Makes one wonder what a 15 dollar minimum wage would do to those remaining manufacturing jobs out there. Not good.

I'm not a fan of outsourcing, if for no other reason than language barriers, it's keeping up with the Jones's mentality and even gov'ts do it.

I'd have no problem with banning it outright. At least it would be a level playing field. But let's face it, these aren't high paying/rocket scientist jobs for the most part. It would help with more entry level positions, at least.

One has to wonder why a bi-partisan effort can't be made on that one...Oh, don't say it's the Republicans either, I don't see the Dems suggesting it either....
edit on 7-2-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I couldn't agree more.

Federal obstruction of justice charges would fit the bill nicely....

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Would have been nice to head some of our politicians say this same thing about 15 years ago.
Does anyone think he would have said this to Bush(jr) or even to Clinton. That's when it could have made a real difference.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

nwtrucker

We don't need 'em.

Not sure about the million. You'd have to be more specific so I'd know for sure.

I did say before though, states rights; more so peoples rights. Im not for federal pushing a bunch of garbage law down states throats. When people gather in the states and vote on an issue, thats the law. If people gather and vote to repeal, then the laws repealed there. Im sticking by that. I support Washington, Colorado and any people in any state who follow. I think they're on the right track.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Perhaps but they may be voted out for attempting such measures. All while Democrats are locked step zombies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join