It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Jet Crashes Before Picking Up Elder Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
At approximately 6:15 am Monday morning a Gulfstream G-1169A Jet crashed en route from Love Field in Dallas, to take George Bush senior to Guayaquil, Ecuador, where he was to give a lecture. All three aboard the Jet where killed when the craft clipped a light pole on approach to Hobby Airport in thick fog. The jet crashed in a field near the beltway no one on the ground was injured but one car was hit with jet fuel and another with debris.

news.yahoo.com

The Gulfstream G-1159A jet, coming into Houston, went down about 6:15 a.m. in an undeveloped area 1 1/2 miles south of the airport, officials said. The former president had been scheduled to travel to Ecuador for a conference. "I was deeply saddened to learn of the plane crash this morning," Bush said through spokesman Tom Freschette. "I'd flown with this group before and know them well. I join in sending heartfelt condolences to each and every member of their families." The names of the three-crew members were not immediately released. Bush, who lives in Houston, was going to give a lecture for the Guayaquil, Ecuador, Chamber of Commerce, Freschette said, adding, "It's very sad." He said he was to have accompanied Bush, as was a Secret Service agent

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Not being up on the latest technology, but don�t these aircraft have equipment on board to see through fog and incremental weather and would the tower have not notified the craft about being so low to the ground.

[edit on 22/11/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It is kind of unusual because past presidents do enjoy security and protection from the secret service for the rest of their lives so i would expect that Bush Sr. would not be allowed to fly on "just any plane". It's kind of surprising to hear about something like this happening to a plane that was about to carry a past president because of the inspections and security checks that take place before the plane even goes to pick him up. Weird stuff. It certainly should have been equipped with the necessary devices that fog should not have been a problem. How low could they have been and how off course must they have been to clip a pole?

[edit on 11-22-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Did the explosive go off early? This is a little too coincidental if you were to ask me.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Regardless of speculation, the loss of lives is tragic.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
At such a low altitude, their ground proximity warning system is most most likey of no use. However, the absolute minimum vertical clearance for a precision ILS approach is about 190 feet, so these guys had to have been pretty far off of their glideslope. The pilot not flying the approach is supposed to notify the pilot when they are so far off glideslope according to the onboard instrument so the tower really cannot help in this situation.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I heard about the crash this morning, early. Then, hours later we were told Bush Sr was supposed to fly on it.

I really wonder if it was a sad accident. Or, is there any possibility of fould play here

Hopefully, we will learn more about the background of this unfortunate incident.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It would be interesting to find out if the travel plans of the current president or any past ones change in the next few days! That might point a more accurate idea if they think foul play is involved.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I would be more suspicious if the airplane just fell out of the sky. Flying though the fog in the dark makes it a little more plausible that he would have clipped a powerline. However, I don�t know what the approach at Houston is like, but at one and a half miles out I think you would have had to known that you were way off the glideslope, barring an instrument failure or something of that sort.

top topics

join