It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy As ABC? Well, Call Me Stupid 'Cause I Don't Understand!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Cuervo

schuyler

nugget1
' While stt tdy I saw this, and it proves Dod in construct with HPoT and GVD,along with full knowledge of HHS,ARPP, CQGM and the senate,approved the MQPS to allow MSTO and HSCH access to all voluntary and involuntary contributions.
As you can see, this supports the hypothesis that DDJV, MNCB, UNTG and PBTH are conspiring with LLPQR to end XYZMMNCI as we know it.
Thoughts? '

This isn't a real quote. You made it up to be intentionally obtuse. Please provide a citation for this quote or provide a REAL one you are having trouble with and we'll see just what the issue is.

I was at the zoo once with my brother-in-law and we were walking through the aviary. There were these little plastic cups of seeds you could buy to feed the birds with and we didn't buy any. This lady walked up to me and said "I didn't use all of mine, would you like the rest?" and I responded in jest with "No thank you, I'm full" and rubbed my belly. She then said, quite annoyed, "It's for the birds!" and stormed off.

You are that lady right now. His example was obviously made up to show us how annoying it is. He's not being obtuse. Well he is but it's obviously for a laugh. Go ahead and try it. Laugh at it. It feels good.

Why, thank you for the advice! HGW TGBH JU KIYT to you too!

(Please note 'smiley' faces' in all of my posts; they are used to indicate humor....and mine does tend to be on the 'dry' side.
)
edit on 4u22America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

P.S. Unlike the lady in your example, I didn't 'storm off'. My pipes froze, and in between enjoying ATS, I am working on restoring water - because my husband is at work, AND....I don't know how to 'text' a plumber!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hey nugget1!

I don't mind a lot of it, but ONE thing just drives me nuts!!
I'm old school, so when I text on my cell...I always use punctuation and grammar...and good manners...(lol). I often send messages, to receive in response..."k".
Not 'okay' or 'ok' or even 'kay'. No. Just the letter 'k'. Not even capital letter.
That is all the effort that gets put into the reply.
*sigh*
Sorry, didn't mean to rant in your rant!
jacygirl

P.S. Some smarta$$ is gonna reply with 'k'...aren't they?
edit on 6-2-2014 by jacygirl because: GRAMMAR!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

2 funny, Jacy!
I miss being able to make a cup of coffee, but the laughter almost makes up for it.

I think the real reasons for ranting are:

Texting makes me realize that I am falling behind in the daily pace of life.

I no longer get excited about every new invention, or even want to.

There is a whole generation that I am unable to communicate with; I used to via 'sign language'- if I was really upset.....but they've probably even changed the meanings of that with all the 'gang' signs. *sigh*

It doesn't make me feel like I live in a different world, tho; it makes me feel like I live on a different planet.

And, in all honesty, probably a little bit of jealousy. I don't have a little device so I can hold all those most dear in my hand. And order pizza while I'm sitting in 'the oval office'.

You can help me rant any day, Jacy!

edit on 4u33America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

hahahaha....thanks hun!
I'm in a lousy mood today....just posted the video "Love Stinks" in the Valentine Greetings thread...hehe

I know what you're saying! Not long ago...(yeah, in CAT years)...I was the 'computer expert' in my place of work. Now my remote control is smarter than I am. I have an old cell phone and my kids text me as they work/facebook/pinterest simultaneously.
Hey! I just realized why I write full responses, and other people say 'k'...lol. I'm not doing ten things at once...they are.
Geez. Where's the focus? Scattered.
I get it.
k

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

I'm sorry you're haveing a bad day; I will share some of my 'good' day with you! There you go. More where that came from, if you need it.

You know what bothers me the most about our alphabet life is the creepy stories about a 'zombie apocalypse', and how there going to take over the world.
Zombies are soul-less, right?
With the majority of the world staring at a device in their hands, you never see their face any more! The eyes are the 'windows to the soul', but they seldom look up long enough for you to get a good look at/in their eyes!

Now, I'm not accusing anyone in the younger generation of being a zombie, but still.....

:mnky

It didn't send my 'good' energy! Darn; I'm still trying to figure out how to work a computer....
These will have to do:

edit on 4u44America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Thank you!!

It's hilarious to me that you said that about zombies. I am the driver in our family, hubby is the passenger. When we drive through town, he always tells me that everyone walking is on their cell phone (talking or texting). As soon as he says this, we both say..."zombie apocalypse"...lol!
I agree!
Totes! (that means 'totally!'...or as said by Valley Girls, "like TOTALLY!")

jacygirl

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Alas, my dear pen, yours is a dying art. *cradles skull of a pen*

Cuervo

I still get a little annoyed when I see "lol". I read it in my head phonetically so I just imagine somebody actually saying "lulz! LOL!" and pronouncing them. This all mostly started to get widespread with texting since it was a pain to type out words very fast on a dial pad but now there's no excuse. It's straight up laziness.

I'm sure there is some merit to it that I may be overlooking (there usually is) but I haven't seen it yet.

In real time chat I use either 'lol' or a smiley to indicate I'm joking. Every other sentence out of my mouth is a joke though, so they get used a lot...

nugget1
I guess if life is going to be lived 'in the fast lane', one would need to abbreviate as many things as possible.
Skirt length and belts to hold ones' pants up, for example.

nugget1
I hope you didn't mistake me for putting down the 'younger' generation by admitting my confusion; heck, micro-mini skirts are probably one of the greatest things ever for keeping an old mans heart beating!

I was gonna say that's one abbreviation I could get behind, but I think you beat me to it...

Personally, I blame the size of 'keyboards' on cell phones. You just can't type as fast with 2 thumbs as you can with the full hand... Gotta make up that time difference somewhere, and apparently that means 5 times less letters for 5 times less fingers.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

nugget1

Cuervo

schuyler

nugget1
' While stt tdy I saw this, and it proves Dod in construct with HPoT and GVD,along with full knowledge of HHS,ARPP, CQGM and the senate,approved the MQPS to allow MSTO and HSCH access to all voluntary and involuntary contributions.
As you can see, this supports the hypothesis that DDJV, MNCB, UNTG and PBTH are conspiring with LLPQR to end XYZMMNCI as we know it.
Thoughts? '

This isn't a real quote. You made it up to be intentionally obtuse. Please provide a citation for this quote or provide a REAL one you are having trouble with and we'll see just what the issue is.

I was at the zoo once with my brother-in-law and we were walking through the aviary. There were these little plastic cups of seeds you could buy to feed the birds with and we didn't buy any. This lady walked up to me and said "I didn't use all of mine, would you like the rest?" and I responded in jest with "No thank you, I'm full" and rubbed my belly. She then said, quite annoyed, "It's for the birds!" and stormed off.

You are that lady right now. His example was obviously made up to show us how annoying it is. He's not being obtuse. Well he is but it's obviously for a laugh. Go ahead and try it. Laugh at it. It feels good.

Why, thank you for the advice! HGW TGBH JU KIYT to you too!

(Please note 'smiley' faces' in all of my posts; they are used to indicate humor....and mine does tend to be on the 'dry' side.
)

P.S. Unlike the lady in your example, I didn't 'storm off'. My pipes froze, and in between enjoying ATS, I am working on restoring water - because my husband is at work, AND....I don't know how to 'text' a plumber!

You should go back and read my post. I was responding to Schuyler's response to you. I was comparing him the old bird lady, not you.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You should go back and read my post. I was responding to Schuyler's response to you. I was comparing him the old bird lady, not you.

Well, crud; you're right Cuervo! I thought you were referring to me, not him.

I'm sorry I misunderstood you; I was multitasking. I am really not qualified to do that...

Still, it was funnier when I thought you were talking about me.

Thank you for defending me!
Truth be known, I have a Ph.D in PMS, and I know how to use it!

edit on 4u55America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4u66America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
My Dear Miss Nugget, I concur with your perplexion. I too have no idea what that example of gibberish you cited , means. I used to handwrite love letters in cursive.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

Do they even teach the ancient art of cursive anymore?

I was always fascinated with calligraphy, so I taught myself how to do it. That is much harder than it looks, and I couldn't dedicate myself to the practice required for proficiency.

The whole world seems to be getting more complex every day, and the older I get, the more the possibility of reincarnation scares the stuffing out of me! If it exists, I may have to learn all this stuff after all !

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Nope,big thumbs,little touchscreen. I will say though,that if we get to the point of grammer policing text speak,then for sure the language is lost.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

I do not know if my handwriting qualifies as cursive, but to look at it from an abstract perspective, it looks rather as if a spider has figure skated on the page

I use my own natural handwriting for personal projects and notes, and block capitals for when I need my colleagues at work to be able to read my writing at a glance. But I do prefer to write in a flowing, natural style. I have always enjoyed the process of writing by hand, far more than typing, or texting. That being said, I can type far faster than I can write!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well the government is notorious for its acronyms. A lot of people are guilty of sitting around and using them during meetings, assuming everyone knows what the mean.

When I started a job at a new agency, the first 2 days I kept track of how many acronyms I came across, and I stopped at 40 after the second day. It gets a little ridiculous.

So it is going to be slanted towards acronyms where the government is concerned.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You have just confirmed my worst suspicions and fears!

The entire youth of today have been subliminally programmed via cell phone to be 'sleeper' government agents!

What will this world be like when they are awakened?!?

( A tinfoil hat won't work here; I think it's going to require one made of lead....
)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join