It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movies they HAVEN'T made.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hannibal. No, not Hannibal Lecter...the story of Hannibal Barca who was the biggest thorn in the side of the Roman Empire. I would love to see them film his crossing of the Alps with a herd of elephants. Supposedly it was in production with the Rock cast as the main character. I think the plug got pulled somewhere along the way.

The prequel to Gadiator. This was in pre-production when someone gave Ridley Scott the screenplay for Kingdom of Heaven which he ended up filming instead.

The Silmarillion. If Peter Jackson can get 3 movies out of the Hobbit imagine how many we could have from that book?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wow...it took until page 2 to for this to appear.

If it remained as organic looking as this, and they kept Blomkamp as the director, it would break a billion at the box office.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Two need a movie.

Boymonkey vs the legion of doom.

The next is based on an autobiography

Boymonkey: on how I got so cool.

Rumours are the last one may be made with brad Pitt as the lead.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'd like to see a remake of "The Starlost".

Either movie or TV Series... doesn't matter!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

ElOmen
I am still waiting on Super Mario Brothers 2 movie.
Thats the movie that i would like to see the sequel to.

There was a Super Marios 1??

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

RomaSempre
Hannibal. No, not Hannibal Lecter...the story of Hannibal Barca who was the biggest thorn in the side of the Roman Empire. I would love to see them film his crossing of the Alps with a herd of elephants. Supposedly it was in production with the Rock cast as the main character. I think the plug got pulled somewhere along the way.

The prequel to Gadiator. This was in pre-production when someone gave Ridley Scott the screenplay for Kingdom of Heaven which he ended up filming instead.

The Silmarillion. If Peter Jackson can get 3 movies out of the Hobbit imagine how many we could have from that book?

The Hobbit is a very sore subject for me. :/

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Mason mike
One second after.

It was an epic book and I can see how it could be a movie and not loose too much of what made it a great story if done right.
Plus, it would awaken those who have no idea what it's about to the very real possibility of what life would be like in that situation.

I second that. The author (William Forstchen) is a military historian who has obviously done a lot of research and thinking on what would happen starting one second after an emp attack.
If done right it would be a great movie that not only entertained but scared the hell out of us by letting us know that we aren't ready no matter what we believe.

I remember back in school I read a book named "The girl who owned a city". That too would make a good apocalyptic movie. It was based on a virus that killed everyone over the age of twelve within a month (if my memory is correct) and the older children had to come together to take care of the younger ones. Survival is a lot different through the eyes of a child.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The ideas pitched here were not what I was expecting (its ATS, duh!) but there are some very interesting historical bits and books mentioned that I am going to have to look into.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

semperfortis
reply to post by nixie_nox

YES YES YES

Dragon Riders would make an excellent movie

Also

The Chronicles of Amber

One of my all time most favorite series of books

The other day I was trying to think of how many cgi dragons there have been. And some good ones too. And everytime I am shaking my fist going: PERN!

There is reign of fire, dragon heart, now Smaug. I know I am missing a few.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would also like to see something done about the Japanese concentration camps, especially since American history text books seem to gloss over that subject and many Americans don't even know that we had them.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

proob4

I for one have allways wanted to see a film adaptation of William J johnstones "Out of the ashes"
Also a sequel to Spawn would be nice.

On another note you will know the end is near when they make a theatrical movie of Gilligans Island. Yikes!
edit on 2/6/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

I believe I recently heard they ARE considering a Gilligan movie. I'll check Google in a minute.

There's a Stephen King short story called 'The Long Walk' which I always thought would make a great movie. So many of his end up as made-for-tv garbage though.

How about a remake of 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'? One of the very few alien movies in which the aliens aren't waging a campaign of human extermination.

ETA new Gillgan movie in casting nowish...
edit on 6-2-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I can't believe no one has remade Dune

it was remade and straight to dvd so bad

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

How about a remake of 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'?

why remake it as we are no closer to understanding the Ufo mystery as in 1977 , so the movies stands like a timeless piece.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

AthlonSavage

I can't believe no one has remade Dune

it was remade and straight to dvd so bad

I saw this too, i dont think me and my room mate even made it to the end.

Both mad dune fans (books+first movie)

What a let down, shame too because the budget/cgi should have been enough compared to the first film. I would welcome another IF IT WAS DONE PROPERLY, also if they use sting again id be okay with that

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The lensmen series is said to be classic stuff, but no ones yet been brave enough tp try and make it

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I know it' a pipe dream, but they should do the whole Dark Tower Series.

They should also do the Wheel Of Time Series.

It's 14 books, but whatever lol

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
ok people are gonna get annoyed when I suggest make world of warcraft into movie.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

mwood

Would kinda like to see a movie on the Brian Lumley Necroscope series.

A vampire story that's different than all the others....

5 books in the series so there's plenty of material.

How about Titus Crow?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

~Tenth

Correct me of I'm wrong here, but I was under the impression that they were in negotiations for the Dark Tower...

***EDIT***
I nominate Josh Brolin to play Roland.
edit on 2/6/2014 by ProfessorChaos because: edit to add

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

tothetenthpower

~Tenth

Correct me of I'm wrong here, but I was under the impression that they were in negotiations for the Dark Tower...

They've been in negotiations for years. It's very slow going and there's no real sign of them actually getting it done yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join