It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movies they HAVEN'T made.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It seems like every subject has been beaten to death, has been serialized or remakes abound. There are even different franchises of the same movie (cough Spiderman) that make it confusing.

Thing is, when it seems like there is nothing new, it makes it hard to believe that there are subjects, books, stories, that SHOULD of been a done deal. Especially with cgi, there really isn't an excuse.

So this is basically: I can't believe they haven't made that!

And it is ok if you want to include remakes.

For me, It is Dragonriders of Pern.

Probably one of the most popular fantasy series books out there by Anne McCaffrey. You could easily adapt it to a show series. Can't believe this hasn't been touched.

I can't believe no one has remade Dune. I know there were rumors about it.

What are yours?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I for one have allways wanted to see a film adaptation of William J johnstones "Out of the ashes"
Also a sequel to Spawn would be nice.

On another note you will know the end is near when they make a theatrical movie of Gilligans Island. Yikes!
edit on 2/6/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Without Remorse by Tom Clancy...I heard they were making something a few times but I am unaware of it now.

I think it was his best book and much different than his others.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am still waiting on Super Mario Brothers 2 movie.
Thats the movie that i would like to see the sequel to.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Too tired to think properly, but i will give it a shot.

I'd like to see a movie based around Barry Petersen, an Australian Army Captain who was sent by the CIA into Vietnam to train Montagnard forces. After extensive training, his forces were feared by the Viet-Cong, who had called them the Tiger Men, due to their fighting prowess and their camouflage. Over time, he amassed an army of 1200 men, who all worshiped him as a demi-god. Due to Petersen being both, an Australian, and a leader (demi-god) of 1200 men, the CIA had thought that Petersen 'went native', meaning that they no longer had the reigns of him, and viewed him as a threat. Apparently, the straw broke when the CIA ordered Petersen to turn his Montagnard forces into Assassins under the Phoenix Program. Petersen refused the CIA's orders, and as a result, forces within the CIA wanted him 'gone', AKA killed. Petersen had to flee Vietnam in order to survive...

Yeah, there are some similarities to Apocalypse Now, but Petersen's story was the real deal.

A movie based around Ted Serong would also be quite interesting. He was an Australian Army Officer who was deeply involved in a lot of the US war efforts. He was considered the greatest in jungle warfare, and as such, was actually the go-to guy for allied (primarily Australian) forces during the Vietnam years. He had hand-picked Barry Petersen (see above) to conduct the Montagnard operation. It is said that the USA handed all remaining control of South Vietnamese forces to him, just as the North was about to invade Saigon. Serong, knowing it was all lost, walked through Saigon and into the US embassy. He boarded the last helicopter out of the country...

These are great, factual stories of which i would like to see made into movies.

Fictional?

I'd like to see the game, 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion' made into a movie. That would be epic!

edit on 6-2-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Ive got a good feeling about The Fast and the Furious 15

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Ok... So there's this movie thats 'B' grade. Made in 2007. I honestly dont know why Hollywood hasnt made a remake of this.

It's called 'The man from earth'.

It is one of the most original and thought provoking storylines i have ever heard in a movie (or a book for that matter).

The movie consists of a few highly educated characters sitting in a room conversing with eachother. I know, it sounds pathetic and boring.... but watch the first 15 mins of this movie and you will be hooked until the end! I promise.

Check it out here

edit on 2014-02-06T10:27:16-06:00201402bam2802am1628 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

YES YES YES

Dragon Riders would make an excellent movie

Also

The Chronicles of Amber

One of my all time most favorite series of books

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen R Donaldson. Can't imagine why they have not made this, it would be such an epic story, with several sequals.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
How can you expect movie studios to come up with new movies nowadays. They remake a movie like dances with wolves with blue Smurfs and call it avatar. Then the movie makes a billion dollars. What incentive do they have to make something new. Remember John Carter. Hate to think how much they lost on that one.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

"Aztec"by Gary Jennings would make one heck of a film trilogy-maybe Peter Jackson could direct.
It would be impossible to get past the censors if he stayed true to the book though-too much depravity,sex and violence for even today's blood loving masses...The book,which I consider a masterpiece,actually gave me the symptoms of PTSD-I would wake up screaming having dreamt of being a victim in one of the Aztecs many ritual sacrifices!
Not many books I have read have done anything like that to me,in fact no other book has come close.

Would be an epic trilogy.

edit on 6/2/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by combatmaster

Hey ty for the movie, so far i learned back them there was a johnnie walker green label

I hope for no new movie as they usually dont live to my mental hype
edit on 6-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Edward Snowden movie anyone?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Would kinda like to see a movie on the Brian Lumley Necroscope series.

A vampire story that's different than all the others....

5 books in the series so there's plenty of material.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Anyone here ever read the Band of Four by Ed Greenwood? It's a four book series and would make an awesome television show.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
One second after.

It was an epic book and I can see how it could be a movie and not loose too much of what made it a great story if done right.
Plus, it would awaken those who have no idea what it's about to the very real possibility of what life would be like in that situation.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
There was a film made in the 80's called "Quest for Fire"
it was an amazing film about cavemen and their, well, quest for fire. i cant remember much about it, but one thing i do recall is that there was not one word spoken. it was all grunts and gestures and it was very captivating.
There was no dinasours in it so no special effects.
The idea alone is worth a remake

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

heartache
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen R Donaldson. Can't imagine why they have not made this, it would be such an epic story, with several sequals.

Heh. The Chronicles are a little involved for adaptation. Right up there with the Dark Tower series.

Another one I would love to see is the Shannara series.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Necroscope Movie. By Brian Lumley.

I would love them to make that movie. It would surely be a massive and very expensive film to make.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'd love for them to do a really good job on Stephen Kings book - The Talisman.
Dimensional shifting .. the talisman .. the chases through the layers back and forth ..

<<   2  3  4 >>

join