It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah Petroglyphs in light of the Skinwalker Phenomena.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It is often considered that the modern phenomena observed at the Skinwalker ranch could certainly be what the local tribespeople of the region, the Ute, illustrated in their petroglyphs, but this generally doesn't extend much beyond the gee whiz that sure looks like some kind of alien approach, and is countered by mention of shaman, fertility ritual and solar symbolism, but i'd like to try and present a few more particular observations here.

Contemporary accounts describe triangular nuts and bolt craft some 40 foot long emerging from a vortex that opens and closes, this particularly interests myself because i have looked at Sumerian accounts of such, herefor example. Now with such one has to take into account that the recorded tradition has been translated into mythological paradigm and rendered anthropomorphic, in the Sumerian case the Anzu bird, a symbol of Divine Power and the means of enforcing such through catastrophic phenomena related to storm like effect, in the native American tradition i would compare this to the Thunderbird. So it can be considered that if such phenomenain the Utah reguin had been observed in the past it would be understood in such manner.

So in looking at the triangular figures above they are given a sense of being albeit highly abstract, and the same approach i have observed in the Sumerian tradition, but yet the Anzu can also be represented as an entirely geometric/aerodynamic figure.

It's simply then a question of contextual framework within which people can relate to what they have seen or had described to them, the most obvious in terms of seeing something with the power of flight is of course the bird.

Other elements seen on the figures relate to the circle and spiral and their association with a particularly sacred place, the undercurrents of energy that were seen as permeating the land and the inter-connectivity of such.

Sometimes more aerodynamic representations are seen in the Utah region, and these get explained as birds, but in looking say at the example right and the stepped motif, that would represent a place of establishment and inter-connectivity between the terrestrial and underworld/Celestial realm, so those birds would have to be of a very particular nature to traverse that axis.

There is also the symbol seen for mountains above and the tradition of such birds does generally associate them with such, and the emergence from the sheer rocks faces, thus the representation on the rock faces themselves is something of a holistic approach to recognizing the phenomena on the part of those who recorded such.

One of the stranger aspects of the Skinwalker phenomena is that of the Shadow people, apparanlty observed by the NIDS research team that spent 6 years there, these are very well represented in the traditional art;

It can also be seen that some of the figures are built like refrigerators or recreational vehicles, both of which have been observed at Skinwalker in the context of high strangeness, so it can be recognized that such archetypal forms have been previously noted.

We might also begin to question in what sense are the cattle and livestock often seen in association with the figures given the cattle mutilation aspects of the phenomena, do those live stock look scared, perhaps they should be...

Particularly if they are about to meet the refrigerators.

There is every indication then that all of the modern elements have been previously experienced and recorded, even in terms of the orbs

It doesn't help us much in understanding the phenomena but we should at least begin to relate more to what they represented, rather than conjuring up prosaic explanations to make all the untidy weirdness go away, and if someone in recent times describes triangular craft emerging from a portal also take that somewhat more seriously...

In doing so of course one opens up a whole can of worm holes on a global scale, as the petroglyph tradition shows consistancy across many diverse regions seperated in time and space, yet with recurrent theme.

These spirals having inter-connectivity.

But anyway i hope i've opened up a few new ways in which these petroglyphs should perhaps be seen and interpreted, things are not always as they seem with regards to this phenomena, but like i said the archetypes appear consistent. For me it has been an exercise in matching what has been previously illustrated to what has been recently described.

edit on Kam22836vAmerica/ChicagoThursday0628 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Glad to see this post come up, my family owns some land out in the Sanders, Arizona area. We have taken some pictures of some petroglyphs that have What appears to be a UFO with lights. My family refers to it as the "UFO Petroglyph" I will see if I can dig it up so I can add it to this thread.

-NexusNews

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Looking backwards through ancient alien goggles yields all sorts of colorful, modern interpretations.

If a "conjured" prosaic explanation makes all the weirdness go away, then it's probably more correct than not.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Great thread!
I have a fascination with petroglyphs, and how there are so many world-wide similarities. Many of the ones you have listed look identical to all of the Nez Perce ones scattered throughout Idaho!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

The problem there is that it doesn't

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nexusnews

Thanks, that would be great if you could mange that.

reply to post by nugget1

There are always major similarities across even greater distances and periods of time, a question of reading the signs.

edit on Kam22836vAmerica/ChicagoThursday0628 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
looking at these again, and seeing these pictures on the walls again, you have to ask yourself, just who/what/where did the people that drew these get their impression to do this from? My opinion is that its very likely that some type of ufo occupant gave them this inspiration. Sightings of ufo's go back centuries and millennia, if not longer, all over the world. Like some ufo's you simply cannot ignore or explain these away.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by data5091

The case i made was that what gave them the impression is that which has been observed in recent times...

Given there's a whole lot of seeming perceptual distortion mixed in with that they seemingly did a good job in recording.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I cannot find it on my comp, but will email my family and see if they can send it to me.

-NexusNews

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

draknoir2
Looking backwards through ancient alien goggles yields all sorts of colorful, modern interpretations.

If a "conjured" prosaic explanation makes all the weirdness go away, then it's probably more correct than not.

If certain artifacts that don't fit into the accepted timeline weren't destroyed or hidden away and we were taught in school our history closer to the truth, I.e. Civilizations predeluvian, these petroglyphs would be self evident to everyone.

So yes, equally, looking back through history with the rose colored glasses of our text books yields a "conjured" history created by the victors.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

What struck me is the Kabbalistic tree of life diagram! What is that doing there, in Utah?

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by data5091

We tend to generally accept that our current interpretations of what we see in the sky and deem as alien ships (UFOs) as fairly correct based upon what we know and think about physics and the makeup of the Universe. Rarely do we want to accept that there is something far more mysterious hidden beyond what we THINK we know. No doubt that same situation existed with the ancients scratching their own versions into rock walls.

With our modern abilities we may be closer to capturing the physical essence of the UFO phenomena with our eye-witness sightings, photos, radar returns, calling the things UFOs and better knowledge of physics than the early peoples, but to think that our interpretations of that surface data is the answer we seek except for filling in the extraneous details is foolish, typical human nature.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Excellent thread, Kantz. I see I'm not the only one who has pondered The Gut's recent thread. So what do you think? Are these "entities" administrators of the "control system"? Or maybe a part of it? Someone has said "If they are here now, then they have always been here." Interesting perspective.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Here's something similar from Colorado, the representation of axis and points along it, and the connectivity to the spiral, probably indicating inter-connectivity between the planes of existence.

reply to post by Klassified

Yes i think we're only just begining to ask the right questions, from my own perspective i look at things in terms of the three tiered system, of the Underworld/terrestrial plane/Celestial.

Now if one considers the Underworld a spiritual realm, and that above it both physical and spiritual, a step upward, then what is the nature of the third tier...?

Continuing the model it is both spiritual and physical, but there will be a third factor above both, from this Earthly perspective it is difficult of course to imagine what that might be.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

six67seven

What struck me is the Kabbalistic tree of life diagram! What is that doing there, in Utah?

Have you been watching The Curse of Oak Island?

Not kidding. I actually like the show.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Nice work, after seeing these glyphs again the Norway spiral came to my mind.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Yes, I watch the show too but didn't want to make that leap just yet... even though it DOES look like (so far) the tree of life was utilized on Oak Island.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Cool thread, as usual, KV.

But that petroglyph of the cross with points, more correctly a "tree-of-life" caught my eye, too.

The match is exact and ...hmmm... I don't know how a classical, straight-edged worried -about -getting- future- funding- for- digs anthropologist would explain that... but hopefully one of them will come along and do it.

If they say it's a modern marking overlaying ancient ones... then no go, but they could be right... barring looking at any aging on the lines up close. Universal symbols are around and frequently over looked because of historical dogma, which, to be candid, is more correct than not... but in this case, hmmmm.

The Tucson Artifacts (or Calailus Relics) are a neat OOPART. They were a bunch of ceremonial lead relics dug out of the caliche' north of Tucson in 1924 and nobody contests that, but the stodgy faction says they must be a recent hoax or were made by a savant black smith's son living nearby in the 1890's.

They have a date of 800 A.D. on them and relate a story in Latin, of a bunch of Jews under king Theodoric who crossed the ocean and landed somewhere on the Gulf of Mexico and trecked into AZ.

Recent findings of the mineral growth on them line up with the 800 A.D. date as does the layer of caliche' they were dug from. Also, why would a hoaxer plant them in caliche' miles from anything? I think they are real (I did a story on them years ago for a newspaper- never bothered to finish it).

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

It seems authentic as there are variations of it seen elsewhere and does raise the question of how much such phenomena have influenced our belief systems, and why remarkable similarities can be found in ancient cultures even though they seem peculiar and idiosyncratic, it is as if they are trying to tell us something...

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I would venture that they sure were trying to tell someone something... truer words were never typed, heh.

But what and who is the big ?

I admit I do like Red Cairo's idea about petroglyphs maybe being consciousness shorthand... for some reason it resonated with me ... I was an Anthro undergrad and have looked at too many of them... mostly in groups of three... but it's too weird for most to swallow, or even consider... but I have seen some weird "shamanic" things having to do with ESP and expanded consciousness.

It is true that these pics correspond to the spirit world as seen by cactus intoxicated aboriginals AND spectacle wearing modern nerds in white lab coats (sorry NIDs).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join