It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's on your walls?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This whats up at the moment.

and coming soon too a wall near me...

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
On the walls of my living room I have a couple of prints by Thomas McKnight (who I like very much). But downstairs is where the fun stuff is:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My sis got me this from a thrift store a long while back. I really like it, it's cute and....different!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

edit on 5-2-2014 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
loving these walls!
reply to post by RomaSempre

what branch of karate?

reply to post by Lysergic

alex grey! much love and respect

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

It was originally a vertical poster (longer y-axis than x-axis) that I had laminated.
Mind you since you mentioned writing directly on the walls I must say I am kinda taken with the idea.
The quotes are just a few of his more famous musings:

- Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.
- Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
- When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not.

Or one of my personal favorites:

- Get your facts first...then you can distort 'em as much as you please.

BTW...nice thread.

-Peace-

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

some people like to get plain white wallpaper and do art or write on it, etc.. it's a hipster or hippy thing i think, I'm not quite sure... I don't think you have to be either, it's mostly done by college students and other young people of the sort, but i don't think you have to be young or in college either

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Jarring

some people like to get plain white wallpaper and do art or write on it, etc.. it's a hipster or hippy thing i think, I'm not quite sure... I don't think you have to be either, it's mostly done by college students and other young people of the sort, but i don't think you have to be young or in college either

I am somewhat of an order freak...a place for everything and everything in it's place so I never looked at writing on the walls favorably. My recent unexpected change to a more chaotic lifestyle finds the notion of wall scrawling not only interesting but a little theraputic.
I was a cartoonist for years but the idea of using my walls as a canvas just seemed too "permanant" and my moods changed often. They are the perfect "Smoker's Off-White" and would be a most adequate surface for what I have in mind.
Leaning towards musings on what I consider to be important quotes...perhaps some drawings when words fail me.
As for wall drawing being only for the young?
I am reconsidering that stance.

-Peace-
edit on 5-2-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

you can always re-order it as you please..like, work with what you don't find pleasing as permanent. if it gets too messy, you can always start over. simple adjustments to suit a growing taste can be therapeutic too.

usually when you have walls like that it, the attention that was given to it will find itself lonely. you have to be aware of focus points and composition, which can be especially difficult when treating an entire wall. not only that but the taste that it was made with can grow dull, especially if not much time and thought was put into it.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Jarring

usually when you have walls like that it, the attention that was given to it will find itself lonely.

My only issue was inspiration.
Problem solved!

-Peace-

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

alrighty, hope i could be of some service

have a good one.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I have pictures, mirrors, metal candle holder things, pictures of family. Some clocks.
I change things around a lot. I collect art or scenic calendars that contain nice pictures, buy cheap pictures just for the frame and matting and put my calendar art in them instead. I take a lot of my pictures apart and replace them with something I like better. I collect postcards too and make them into pictures. Even Christmas cards I like I've done that with. I have one poster only, of adam lambert rollingstone cover, a friend gave me. I have more of him I framed of his autographs. I got a big Beatles picture for Xmas.

I have some original art but I don't like them. One is called "The Wall". No idea what it means. Another one by the same artist is called The Head, no idea what that's about either. I have a Robert Bateman print of the Lynx, I'm not really fond of. I have two of those for some reason. They' re in storage.
edit on 6-2-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Tang Soo Do. I made it to Cho Dan Bo and was 6 months away from my black belt test when the doctors shut me down due to a back injury. I still miss it but have no complaints. I guess it wasn't a bad showing for a guy who didn't start until his 40's.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaSempre

interesting, i've never heard of it until now. i took taekwondo when i was little.. i got to second degree black belt and quit before i ever received the belt after learning that i wouldn't be able to progress any further for several years because of my age. I'd just have to be a student teacher until I grew up lol

it was real easy though, i progressed so fast.. apparently they made it more difficult though, or so i've heard.
i enjoyed sparring, i was good cuz of my long legs.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

This print of a pic I saw in the art museum in Chicago by A.V. Motley

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

I just took these two pics.

This is above my tv. A friend found this at the road side ready for the garbage. She brought it to work thinking i would like it and she was right. I love it! I love the red in it and the colors. I get a lot of compliments on it as well. My mother in law swears it is what helped sell her house but I think she is just saying that. She hung it up in the living room of her old house when it was for sale because at the time I didn't have a wall big enough for it. We have vaulted ceilings where we are now so that is why it is up here. One of my favorite "one mans trash is another mans treasure" finds.

Now these are my Nana's sheet music from the 1900s-1920s. It's all original and i have a box full of them. She was a pianist and my mom saved all her sheet music. My mom has them lining her walls as well. I want to get nicer frames for them, the ones they are in were from the Dollar Tree but they work for now. I want to have one of the walls in the hall to the left of this pic with all the sheet music. I have a big canvas of a piano that I want to be the center piece for all the sheet music. This wall will eventually have family pictures on each side and a new clock that fits lol I didn't realize the clock was that big til we hung it up and i just left it there.

The other walls have my Nana's art work and other pieces I got at places like the Family Dollar. Yup Family Dollar. I love the stuff I find in there and it is funny when people compliment the art work and I tell them where I got it. My room has all Parisian themed pieces and my son's room is all Star Wars of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join