It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's on your walls?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Show us what you have hanging on your walls!
Maybe some artwork?
Posters?
If you got it on display in your home, show us here!
I'll start with this wall scroll I was trying to find the value of and had no such luck. Tempted me into making this thread instead.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Just some paint, dirt and a few Mark Twain quotes. I'd remove those too but the wall under them is clean compared to the rest and it would look a bit funny.

-Peace-

(Almost forgot...Masamune Shirow...nice touch!)
edit on 5-2-2014 by Eryiedes because: ETA

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

i bought it like 15 years ago, so i figured it might have grown in a little value since then. but i can't find it with any sort of value next to it. it's on amazon somewhere, but out of stock without a price tag.

btw, are the quotes like.. written directly on the walls?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I found a nice big floor rug of a wolf. It hangs on the wall now.

Posters are a bit fragile for the floor worst luck.

Walls are boring, you start with them watching paint dry.

P

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

lol, where did you find it? mind showing it?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Sorry I don't have any pics. In my kitchen and living room, I have paintings and a shelf with little dragons, a shell with dried flowers, winged cat, beaded heart. In my bedroom is a big antique picture over the bed. In my bathroom I have shelves with mermaids and shells, silk flowers, tiny stuffed teddy bear...Have talking feathers hanging off an antique mirror in one room. A talking feather for those who don't know, are feathers with symbols painted on them.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Im a fan of the painting that are split on separate canvass and hung a few inches from each other on the wall.

And no cheesy boats or landscapes, abstract please!

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
One day when i was a kid a rat started to walk on top of the tv, my dad grabed his gun and shot it, i think there are still peaces of that rat in the wall from 25 years ago.

My good old man, i wish to know what is wrong with him to shoot towards our most valuable asset

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
was hoping for more pictures...
here's some of my father's art

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Oh sorry i live in a rented apartment at the moment, there are only creppy paintings of gostly kids in the walls, ill take a picture when im home

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Huge map of the world and sticky notes of a number of very important formulas and equations I stuck up 7 years ago for revision but find to important to take down. Never know when you need to calculate the decay rate of a radioactive isotope

edit on 5-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

O and a book shelf. Full of hundreds of books. Infcat I have a whole loft full of boxes of books. I likley have more books than my local libary.
edit on 5-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

I am not going to post pictures of my home. My husband and son are both artists. My mother in law has been referred to as the Long Island grandma Moses. She's had a few public displays. I have paintings and posters. It mostly paintings, oils and acrylics. My son has copied Monet and Vincent Van Gogh. They hang in my living room. Amazing talent. He's sold some of his own original works which makes him a professional. He did the impressionist copies because I am a fan of impressionist artwork. Renoir mostly but I also love those ruddy checked children of Mary Cassatt.
He copied Monets garden at Giverny and he copied Van Goghs sunflowers in a blue vase. They are lovely.
edit on AMu28u0220643282014-02-05T06:43:17-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

We have book shelves in every room including the kitchen and basement.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Very nice. He's talented.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

I am not crazy about that poster. I like sweeter more realistic art.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
These are just a few of my Novelty Black Forest Cuckoo clocks I am a clock collector I have over 60 clocks, cuckoos and various chiming clocks and I enjoy displaying
my special finds ....... I love when they are all ticking chiming and cuckooing, I am sure it could
drive someone crazy, but to me it's like the lull of a ocean wave .. very relaxing.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by Jarring

I am not crazy about that poster. I like sweeter more realistic art.

it wouldn't look right in most settings.

it's from ghost in the shell...it wouldn't look bad in say...a game room of a fan
It's a decent piece of cyberpunk art. I like it...not to mention I've had it for a long time...I usually don't like anything like that that I've had for that long. All of my old posters are in the trash. This is the only fabric wall scroll I've owned. One day, it will probably go in storage...that is until I've found the right room for it.
It's fine in my room for now as it is.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Cool thread. S&F. If I remember, I will take some photos of some artwork at home. For now, I have some photos of my office art. It's all from my kids. I have three, ages 3-9 yrs old. They are constantly giving me artwork to hang at work. I have one filing cabinet filled with them. Someday, I'm going to photograph or scan them and make a book.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I have many different types of artwork around my home, some original, some not. I even have a fishing net across a wall adorned with my beach treasures, such as starfish, driftwood, rope,cork floats,etc.
By far my favorite is this picture which hangs in my livingroom. It reminds me of my love for the beach since I was a little girl.

It is a print from an original painting by a local artist that I saw on display and instantly fell in love with. Her gallery can be viewed here:
Janice Guinan

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
so i promised pictures and there they are

creepy kid, just imagine it in the right orientation

The apartment came also with a buddha i dint dare to remove out of fear of facing the mythical wrath of buddha

and also this lovely crapping Japanese lady....

It works on batteries and makes some "interesting" noises

well that is what is in my walls

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join