It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Start of a New Worldwide Trend ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
This is probably not the right forum to post this in. Mod's please move if need be.

This apparently started last year but I hadn't heard about it. I searched and didn't see it posted. Thought it was worth posting here on ATS.

While kids are twerking, playing the knockout game and planking ~ these guys are trying to make a difference.

It would be nice to see this TREND go viral.

Peace ~~

edit on 4-2-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrLimpet

Thanks, nice topic.

Made me smile ... and, well - I'm sorta homeless living in my truck right now. I love these kid's attitude.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

So sorry to hear that friend.

Hope things get better for you very soon. Thoughts and prayers to you.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
gonna go out on a limb here...these kids are not american, uk, or canadian....no worthless parents happy with some quack shoving mind numbing drugs down their throats while they are glued to the tv or facebook....we are setting the standard for the future and it aint pretty, at all...soon these kids in the video will be the bosses of our kids and wonder how the heck that happened...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Aww! TY for sharing and I'm passing this on.

Some are just so caught up in their lives, we truly have forgotten the joy that comes with giving.

(post by yamammasamonkey removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Speaking of making the homeless smile...
I ran into this the other day, easiest $200 homeless person has ever made.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-2-2014 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Got all teary eyed on that one. So many people need help and these young kids showed compassion and love for their fellow man. Heart warming and inspiring. Thank you!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Bazart

Thanks, nice topic.

Made me smile ... and, well - I'm sorta homeless living in my truck right now. I love these kid's attitude.

Sure hope things improve for you. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

This trend may have been started in NY ? Not sure. Here is a vid that was posted 3 weeks ago in Canada.

May many follow..

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by teslahowitzer

I will second that...ur not just a dick...ur an asshole also.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I am all for helping the homeless, I have $1000 annually taken from my check just for the local shelter. My problem is with today's best society. My wife is a school teacher of grades 1-3, and I attend most pta meetings, therefore I see and hear where we are as a society, Every time I go it seems as someone has lowered the standard and it has got me past sad to mad as hell. Some of these parents should be held accountable, and the shrinks should be stripped and jailed for what they do to these kids. and the children themselves, with decent parents, are learning how to get away with anything watching the others. The next generation brings a new dawn....

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Why are you making it sound as I care of your opinion???

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

MrLimpet
reply to post by Bazart

So sorry to hear that friend.

Hope things get better for you very soon. Thoughts and prayers to you.

Thanks to yourself and Night Star... your kindness. But - feel silly mentioning my ' condition ' when I know it's only temporary ( even self - imposed , sorta ) . Kind of a weekend in the doghouse turned into a lifestyle. Shouldn't have mentioned it...here's guy whose point I guess I don't get...

edit on 4-2-2014 by Bazart because: have to kill ya

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

I think I get it and its the kick back that will come sooner or later.

I do agree with some of the points above where we see people doing diddysquat yet squeeling louder than those who really deserve a call for help.

However, it do think its part of the fact that in UKyville we leave jobless people to their benefit streets and import semi or educated labour and work forces. Were we to grab these people when they have sat long enough not to get too accostoned to it and re educated them and updated their skills, giving the ones that want to get a decent job the qualifications and an incentive to aid against lack of experience to the employers, we might just shift our game up a bit. I think the government actually likes ignorant and easily entertained people thought cos they are easier to govern and many immigrants want out of their own countries anyway for a number of different reasons and man has, since the cave age, always travelled..

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Awww....how sweet....

We made them smile.

How about volunteering to build them housing. Or donate money. Or food. Or teach them how to program like that one fellow taught the homeless guy he saw everyday how to program Android Apps.

But hey....

.....we made them smile....

Awww....makes me feel awesome.....

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

teslahowitzer
gonna go out on a limb here...these kids are not american, uk, or canadian....no worthless parents happy with some quack shoving mind numbing drugs down their throats while they are glued to the tv or facebook....we are setting the standard for the future and it aint pretty, at all...soon these kids in the video will be the bosses of our kids and wonder how the heck that happened...

Well one of them hopped out of a $100,000 + car so I dunno.

ETA your name has Tesla in it... Come on.
edit on 0520140220141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I think every person on earth should donate an article of clothing they never wear, extra canned goods, bedding, socks, used toys, games, outdated computers to homeless shelters,clothing drives.

The homeless and the poverty stricken are much more than just a statistic, these are real people. Everyone has their own unique story.

I believe everyone should experience being a volunteer to a soup kitchen. It would change your outlook on how you feel about your fellow man.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I also find this very patronising. Don't film it, do something for the right reasons, no need to tell the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join