It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I decided to taste a small amount of pepper spray for the first time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well, the title says it all.

I was a bit bored while doing homework while simultaneously watching some random youtube stuff about self defense, and pepper spray came up eventually. Plus Ive been drinking. Sounds like a good mix to me.

Ive had this can of "Back Off" for a few years now. I haven't managed up to spraying myself all over my face.....yet. It says it's 4 million scoville heat units.

Long story short, I sprayed a small amount onto my finger and put it in my mouth. My way of describing it is...it's very spicy. I did this about 30 minutes ago and can still feel the spice on my tongue and to a smaller extent, down my throat. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Just decided to throw this into "General Chit Chat" since Im pretty bored at the moment, and since im still stuck trying to do homework.

edit on 4-2-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

You. Tasted. Pepper. Spray....By CHOICE?

Are you going to use it to spice up your next batch of tacos, or curry? A friend of mine has some pure chilli extract which is actually much higher than that on the scale than four million. I suppose some people like it hot!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Butt-chug is the true test.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Reminds me of many a drunken night with my friend playing with a tazer,

I can't even count how many times I was personally drunkenly tazed...

Good times...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This is what I have.. I got it for when I run and dont want to deal with idiots or vicious dogs. Or Idiotic vicious dogs.

Ill give you 5 bucks if you let me spray you in the mouth with it.

www.misdefenseproducts.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Are you going to use it to spice up your next batch of tacos, or curry?

Well....the spice is there, but that's about it. All it was, was spice. No great flavor though. I couldn't tell any flavor at all. That being said....if I was cooking a big batch of tacos, and didn't have any regular hot sauces/spices, I guess a tiny bit of this could suffice. (I love spicy food. For example - When I cook pasta, I make sure to put a giant amount of cayenne pepper powder into the sauce).....and the sauce is usually Vodka Sauce....and I add a small/moderate amount of whatever vodka I have in the house at the moment to the sauce itself.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Sigh... drunkin stupidity... good fun

I'd hate to be you when that stuff comes out the other side

edit on 4-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

benrl

Good times...

I still haven't gotten around to being tazed yet. Ive watched a few friends taze themselves, and Im not sure if I want to taze myself yet.

....Eventually I will though, just so I can experience it.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

benrl

Good times...

Pathetic confession: My grandfather had 2 rottweilers. Mean old things. He had 2 of these massively mean shock collars for them. He asked me to take Joes collar off cause he didnt think it was working right and put it on... I did.
He was a mean mean old man!!! He also electrified my grandmothers metal bird feeders... he would zap the tar out of squirrels that wer trying to steal bird seed. Mean old man

.. and people wonder why I am the way I am...

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Sigh... drunkin stupidity... good fun

I blame it on homework!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

That's light weight stuff. Police are said to carry 5.3mil which is standard, but they carry MUCH MUCH worse. Some of the sprays they carry are not even measured on scoville heat units, as it wouldn't apply since they're not always using the same. OC and CS +P combined = Nasty painful and seemingly lasts forever. Even more painful when you shower to get it off. lets just say it flows down the body and irritates other parts as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The older a "civilian" approved repellant gets the less potent it becomes?

The ones the police "employ" are much tastier. They don't feed it to you on chicken tenders though.

If you were to accidentally wipe your eye with your stuff the results might be a little different.

The weirdest police brutality I ever saw was that protest where they wiped peoples eyes with Q tips dipped in Mace.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
sounds fun!!, if you want to see the affects of tabasco sprayed from a pump spray bottle, creating the "burning ring of fire" look for the dudesons, made me chuckle!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I still haven't gotten around to being tazed yet. Ive watched a few friends taze themselves, and Im not sure if I want to taze myself yet.

....Eventually I will though, just so I can experience it.

Lol this was the first thing I thought of with this statement...

Man Stuns Himself...

Grim

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hey dude. Ha good onya lol
I manufacture aerosols for a living and it includes Pepperspray/OC.
What you experienced was a mixture of Oleo Resin, water and a chemical called Neo-dole.
The Oleo Resin is 6.5% capsicum (I cant remember off hand what the species/type is).
The pan really sets in once it has been Atomised and inhaled so not to be a nobber or anything but what you felt is about 100 times milder than if you were to say, spray directly into your mouth.
I bet your finger was burning hot for a while too.
When I make it, I am fully suited up, gloves, booties and masks and I still experience some effects of it.( runny nose, sneezing, itchy/burning sensations.)
I have also had a VERY large canister EXPLODE about 10inchesaway from my face and that was excruiciating!
It basically made me blind for 10-15mins, couldn't breath for at least 2-5 mins, raged enough to chip bone in knuckles and elbows, and vomited severely.
Like I said it is most usefull once Atomised and im supprised you didn't get the snezzes and watery eyes after spraying it on your finger.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Dad was a cop, and I once sprayed a "quick" shot of his mace in our basement.

Couldn't go down there for 2 weeks without your eyes watering.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by StallionDuck

haha yip!
After my whoopsie (see above) I was in a COLD shower for over 1-1/2 hours, every10 mins had to turn to warm to stop going hypothermic. Hot water makes the burn soooooooooo much worse, I hear that milkhelps and at the timei was in the shower I was told to get out and use milk but FFS no one has that much milk handy, seriously once sprayed it takes over 3 hours to come right, and all your are left with is a sh*tty memory and your eyes feel much like they do after you step out of a chlorinated pool.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I do like spicy food a lot, but tasting pepper spray I never heard of, or thought of for that matter!
Well, Thanks for sharing that experience! Now we know what it's like, without actually trying it ourselves.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Maybe you can keep doing that until you become immune to the pepper spray.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Im tired of old people. Cant they make an old people spray?

It would be a mix of Axe, LA Looks hair gel, tanning lotion, weed and beer. Then the can needs to play Insaine Clown Posse when sprayed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join