It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey anti abortion crowd how about you start caring about the living unwanted kids eh?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

RomeByFire
The same people who get bent out of shape when it comes to 'these poor, innocent children,' are the same ones that ignore facts regarding drone strikes murdering children.

In other words, they get on these massive theoretical rants about 'doing the right thing, saving innocent lives, these unborn children don't deserve it,' but when it comes real life people being murdered (versus hypotheticals)?

Psh, whatevs. Also, if the baby turns out to be a homosexual do you still support it's right to live?

Anti-abortionists are anti-logic. Caring about unborn children is noble, but it doesn't get you very far when you can't share that compassion after they're born.

In lay terms, if you're against abortion you should automatically be against child abuse, poverty, and hey, murdering them through drones.

People automatically make the assumption that because I am anti-abortion I am:
Religious
Republican
Pro war
Anti-social programs
Against birth control
Against sex education
Anti-Homosexuality

I am none of those.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

[I]

People automatically make the assumption that because I am anti-abortion I am:
Religious
Republican
Pro war
Anti-social programs
Against birth control
Against sex education
Anti-Homosexuality

I am none of those.

EDIT...END QUOTE.

Thank you.
edit on 4-2-2014 by Bazart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

you know....my life may suck in the future and maybe yours will too boymonkey....maybe yours already does....

maybe they should just kill you and I right now because it would be a shame to see us suffer.....right.

The future possibility of a #ty life is justification to end that life entirely .... for you?

ok.... great argument

edit on 5-2-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

p.s. since you are all for abortions....you need to put your money where your mouth is as well.....

I will start adopting kids left and right and you start ripping innocent beautiful babies out of women's bodies.....just randomly, I think would be best. If the aborted kids aren't protected by law then how can the non-aborted ones be protected?

Just walk up to some prego and throw her down and rip that kid out yourself.....then we will know you are for real

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

RomeByFire
The same people who get bent out of shape when it comes to 'these poor, innocent children,' are the same ones that ignore facts regarding drone strikes murdering children.

In other words, they get on these massive theoretical rants about 'doing the right thing, saving innocent lives, these unborn children don't deserve it,' but when it comes real life people being murdered (versus hypotheticals)?

Psh, whatevs. Also, if the baby turns out to be a homosexual do you still support it's right to live?

Anti-abortionists are anti-logic. Caring about unborn children is noble, but it doesn't get you very far when you can't share that compassion after they're born.

In lay terms, if you're against abortion you should automatically be against child abuse, poverty, and hey, murdering them through drones.

what?
isn't everyone against child abuse, poverty and murder?
what are you even talking about?
rethink your argument and get back to us with something less.....aborted. Your thoughts were literally aborted before they came out

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

boymonkey74
Getting tired of seeing anti abortion people tell others that they are murdering kids etc and seeing that their are 400,000 unwanted kids looked after by the state (Thats just in the US) I want you all to practise what you preach and adopt one of these kids.

Respectfully presented to boymonkey ....

- I"m anti-abortion. It's the law of the land and we are stuck with it. But I'm against it.

- I"m against it because I've seen video of children in the womb. I know they feel pain. I know they are aware. They play with their toes and with the cord. They suck their thumbs. They sleep and wake. They have to have pain killers for in-the-womb surgery.

- I wish birth control was available for free on every street corner around the world. And free vasectomies. And free tubal ligations. YES .. as a taxpayer I'd be willing to help foot that bill. It's cheaper than the alternative .. welfare for life and a higher crime rate.

- And I wish people were more responsible .... keep their pants on and their legs closed .... and I wish people were less selfish and would think about the children they are pounding out instead of scratching their own sexual itch ... but wishing doesn't make it happen. Ever see a Maury show? My god ... people are idiots. Random humping and pumping out kid after kid and not knowing who the father is and/or not caring that they are making tons of kids they can't afford.

- I DO care about children that are 'unwanted'. When my health was good I volunteered with the children in the city.

- And we donate food/goods/$$$ in the city when we can.

- And yes, we adopted an abandoned baby girl.

Adoption isn't as easy as you would think. It's really a long wait to adopt and it's expensive. At the time we were adopting the wait was many years. Also, depending on where you live in the country, many states refuse to inter-racially adopt. When we lived in Alabama we told the state that we were open to inter racial adoptions and they wouldn't do that. We ended up going out of state and adopting (and it was inter-racial). We would have adopted more, but we couldn't afford it.

As for the 'it's the womans body' ... yes and no. It's the baby's heart that stops beating, not the womans heart. It's the baby's body that is burned to death or shredded to death and vacuumed out. So yes .. yes and no.

SIDE NOTE TO SUPPORT BOYMONKEY - Ever read the book Freakanomics? The higher the abortion rate ... the lower the crime rate. The abortions hit children that are usually born into situations where they are more likely to commit crimes ... inner city low income single parent situations. The more of them that are wiped out before birth .. the lower the crime rate.

Anyways, that's my response to your rant, boymonkey.
A little something to think about.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The "sanctity of life"...

Save the lives of fetuses so they can grow up to be dead soldiers.

We care about fetuses. But after you come out of the womb, you're on their own.

Save the lives of the unborn, but if you grow up to be a doctor, we just might have to kill you.

How come when it's a person, it's an abortion. But when it's a chicken, it's an omelette.

RIP George Carlin.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The sad thing is, that you're so obsessed and paranoid about other people wanting to control your body that you completely have missed the entire point.

Which is, Life is a miracle, and you have no right to play god by deciding who lives and who dies in this World. ~$heopleNation

edit on 5-2-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

*sigh*

Okay, so for starters, let me get this straight: You are saying that it’s better to kill an unborn human than it is to put one up for adoption (or have a child taken from unfit parents/situations)?

You’re not starting off on a good foot, here.

I’m only anti-ELECTIVE-abortions, meaning that if you think you need to go have (most likely) unprotected sex, you should be wanting a pregnancy or have verification that one of the two parties is “fixed.” If you opt to have unprotected sex, knowing what that could possibly lead to, then you better be willing to carry a life to term.

As for your emotion-filled, illogical rant telling me what the hell to do with my life, look in a mirror. Why don’t YOU adopt a kid? Why don’t your parents? Why doesn’t Wendy Davis adopt one?

Better yet, why don’t these progressive celebrities that parrot liberal ideologies stop adopting from other countries and help out American children?

See, my wife and I know our limits, both with patience and with time and money. We just had our second child in December, and responsibly, I plan on disconnecting my sperm highway in the near future, most likely after our daughter’s first birthday.

Your rant is odd to me, because the premise of your complaint is incorrect. See, we’re not telling a woman what she can do with her body, we’re telling a woman what she can’t do to another body. A fetus has its own DNA at conception, so for you to argue that the fetus, or even the zygote, is akin to a mole on the mother’s neck that can be removed is beyond ignorant. Taking your argument, I’d be you think Siamese twins are just one person since they are connected, no matter to what extent, biologically. Is that a valid point? If not, then why is a fetus any different in relation to the mother?

Keep in mind, the child is the legal (and emotional) responsibility of both parents, so are you an advocate as to the desires of the father? We have legal rights, too, ya know, because half of that fetus is us, not just the mother’s.

See, your complaint fails on many levels, so instead of just calling out us who are advocates for defenseless fetal humans (not anti-women, as you suggest), may you should direct your ire to humanity in general, because blaming us for the amount of children in ‘the system’ holds no logical (or moral) weight in any intelligent conversation.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

You just accomplished what I thought would be impossible. You made George Carlin look like a complete imbecile.~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I also want to know why all those pro-lifers aren't all vegans. If they're so pro-life, they should be pro-ALL-life.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Hushabye
I also want to know why all those pro-lifers aren't all vegans. If they're so pro-life, they should be pro-ALL-life.

Great point! Oh, wait....no it's not.

Vegans eat plants....can't kill those either.

Just eat snow or something

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Hushabye

Are you grasping at straws because you're a vegan ?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

SheopleNation
reply to post by CranialSponge

You just accomplished what I thought would be impossible. You made George Carlin look like a complete imbecile.~$heopleNation

Damn... I mean DAMN.

George Carlin should have ' got ' the genocide component ( I would have thought )... I mean , what % of The Aborted are African - American , Asian - American , and - well , just financially challenged in general ( and ) just how many congresspeople would be representing these Dead Ones now... if they were alive to vote ?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Bazart
what % of The Aborted are African - American ,

ATS Thread - Abortion is Black Genocide
An old thread, but an interesting one.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Bazart
what % of The Aborted are African - American ,

ATS Thread - Abortion is Black Genocide
An old thread, but an interesting one.

Thanks for the link .

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bazart

No, I'm not a vegan at all.

I'm just wondering why they don't want to protect ALL life.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

So much for the value of a child's right to live, huh....buddy!?!?

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm not getting into the abortion part of this, because some of you are just being nasty. So much for debate anymore on here.

But to all of you claiming adoption is so expensive. I guess maybe in the instance when you are picking, age, gender, all that crap.

But at least here in MI, that is not the case at all, if you go through the foster care system first, and don't "Pick and choose" what you will take into your home.

I work with a fellow that fosters, and through that has adopted twice. Don't cry about expenses, at least in MI, going this route.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Hushabye
reply to post by Bazart

No, I'm not a vegan at all.

I'm just wondering why they don't want to protect ALL life.

How can worry about other species, when we can't even master caring for our own kind.

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
But what about starving people in Burundi? Abortion or not, those people need attention first because without food there can't be abortion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join