It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey anti abortion crowd how about you start caring about the living unwanted kids eh?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Getting tired of seeing anti abortion people tell others that they are murdering kids etc and seeing that their are 400,000 unwanted kids looked after by the state (Thats just in the US) I want you all to practise what you preach and adopt one of these kids.

You all waste so much time telling women what they can do with their bodies I think that time would be better spent actually caring for kids who are in actual need.

I think it is a woman's right to do whatever to her body, It isn't illegal and many of these people have abortions due to their own circumstances being not great. If they made it illegal who is going to pay for all unwanted kids? Taxes will be higher and more lives will suffer.

So until the day we have every child adopted or fostered don't come to me and say "Think of the children" because it is obvious you are not.

Here is a link to get you folks started.

www.adoptuskids.org...
edit on 3-2-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am completely anti abortion. I would also be happy to adopt. I would not qualify. So your argument doesn't really hold any weight.

edit on 3-2-2014 by Pimpintology because: of fluoride!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

An interesting point.

But what comes to mind is that you're only asking those who are against killing unborn children to take care of the children.

Why aren't you asking the mothers and fathers of the children to take care of the children?

Sex, in almost every case, is a voluntary act. Now if you want to ask those of us who are against the killing of unborn children to take care of those children created through incest or rape, then you may have a valid point.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Why do you automatically make the assumption that we don't or won't? Married to an adopted, formerly unwanted child. Have two nephews who are adopted. Had a cousin who was adopted. Know of several others who are adopted to friends and family.

Would adopt if we could afford it and the red tape weren't so pernicious.

Now ... why don't you start asking those who are creating unwanted children why they didn't take steps to avoid having them if they didn't want them? I'm not talking about abortion of convenience; it's too late them. I'm talking about not having sex since I'm pretty sure you can't get pregnant if you don't have sex. That, to me, is being pro-choice - to have sex or not to have sex.
edit on 3-2-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Sex, in almost every case, is a voluntary act.

Too bad ovulation isn't!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpintology

Of course it does, you can still help some kids, so worry about them and not the women who are nothing to do with you.
Also If you are a fella you have no right to tell women what they can and can't do like I said their body their choice.
Just a question is it because of religious beliefs or another reason why you are against it?.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by beezzer

Sex, in almost every case, is a voluntary act.

Too bad ovulation isn't!

Breathing is an involuntary act. Just like ovulation. And if you breathe and ovulate, you still won't get pregnant until you have sex.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

What I hate about the whole anti-abortion angle is that basic steps haven't been taken to prevent abortions.

Namely, deregulating birth control.

Why is that you can buy a handgun and vodka over the counter yet have to go to the doctor to get birth control?

Regulation.

Why is it that you can buy chewing tobacco and tylenol that can easily harm liver but not birth control?

Regulation.

I want to see deregulated birth control and competition before anyone even dares scream to get rid of the option of abortion. I want 15 dollar birth control shots advertised at Walgreens next to flu shots.

I want any woman or teen or girl that is seeking out birth control to be able to walk into any #ing store and buy it and take it.

Here's a nifty study/article on sexual abuse and pregnancy.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I want any women/girls in those situations to be able to walk into a drug store and buy 10 dollar birth control.

Until those basic prevention measures are widespread like they are in so many countries, everyone needs to shut the # up.

That's my own mini rant, in addition to your rant rant.

Have a nice day.
edit on 3-2-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

In a perfect world those kids would be with their parents but it isn't is it.
Heck I want everyone to adopt, Iam looking into it myself soon or at least foster.
I just think that instead of putting energy into attacking women who have abortions that energy can be placed to do good for the unwanted kids who are actually alive and need help.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Good for you then

Education is the key to everything, If we educated the younger folk a little better maybe we wouldn't have so many unwanted kids.
Also I remember being 19 and a bloke and I was lucky that it was instilled in me to wear a condom but many kids don't or have not been educated to do so.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

I agree with you, heck even offer them out to the school kids If they need them and If needed the morning after pill, just educate them about other ways of birth control.
Kid's are going to have sex...most of us had sex pretty young and we are not going to be able to stop them (I remember how I was at that age lol).

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Breathing is an involuntary act. Just like ovulation. And if you breathe and ovulate, you still won't get pregnant until you have sex.

I think we all know how pregnancy happens. But, people aren't going to stop having sex, and, no matter how diligent, accidents happen.

Sex isn't bad and pregnancy, children and family are not meant to be punitive. We don't punish women for having sex by forcing them to have unwanted children.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

It's not even about consensual sex a lot of the time.

The above study/article goes onto support that about 2/3 of the young women that become pregnant had been sexually abused.

There needs to be easy access to birth control and deregulation. Anyone who wants to buy it should be able to.

Male, female, anyone walking into a store. It's just ludicrous.

I am just glad that morning after pill is at least available now at least to people over 18.

I am a lesbian but this is one of the worst western countries to get raped, that's for damn sure. I have always felt lucky that never happened to me. I can't imagine being the age where morning after pill isn't option or abortion and then being possibly forced to share custody with the rapist as is the law in like 31 states I think.

Why birth control isn't easily available, even for grown women over 18 is just mind boggling to say the least.

Anyway, thanks for thoughts.

edit on 3-2-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by beezzer

I think we all know how pregnancy happens. But, people aren't going to stop having sex, and, no matter how diligent, accidents happen.

Sex isn't bad and pregnancy, children and family are not meant to be punitive. We don't punish women for having sex by forcing them to have unwanted children.

But it's perfectly valid to execute the children because their mothers and fathers couldn't control their own urges and screwed up?

Just because the one can plead and the other can't doesn't make one more valid than the other. Both are human, and had the parents been better able to control themselves and thought ahead ... well there wouldn't be the dilemma of the one wanting to sacrifice the life of the other for a matter of convenience.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Nice rant , thanks !

And , I often ask , ' why was Mother Theresa against birth control ? Because miserable unwanted children made her a Superstar , that ' s why .'

However , I am an atheist with no moral ' take ' on abortion ... but - I'm against it. I 'm against because it's STUPID , and it's for stupid people , and even seems to cause people to be stupid.

Am I Pro - Choice ? You bet I am :

1.That boy's cute
2.I think making out is fun
3.I like it in the backseat
4.Contraception ?

So , after 4 WRONG choices...only a true idiot could offer this genius a chance at a life or death decision.

Stupid dumb .

edit on 3-2-2014 by Bazart because: have to kill ya

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

And so by definition you are doing the same as you are preaching here right?

I mean, seeing as you demand this you are adopting someone too right?

Ha, of course not. We've seen your type before

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

How about people stop acting like animals and control themselves a little? You don't have to act on every urge you feel. If you don't have birth control, don't do it until you do. Pretty simple. Aside from rape and health related issues, being pro abortion seems to be a way to undo without a second thought, ones lack of self control or responsibility.

Why even use birth control, just go crazy and get anything that pops up, aborted. I can't support that, and someone who lacks that much respect for life should be the one getting aborted.

That doesn't apply to rape or health issues, those are more subjective. But to anyone who supports an abortion for a simple careless lack of self-control pregnancy for an adult, I have no respect. Sure it might make life harder, but you know what, *hit happens and your actions have consequences. Abortion cannot be used as a simple "oops, oh well" undo button. The value of life is pretty low to some of people as it is, can't imagine what it would be like in that kind of future.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If I could afford it I would. Unfortunately, adoption is a huge money making industry that makes adoption out of reach for most people. I value both the life of the unborn and the born.

What we need to do is put a bigger focus on preventing unwanted pregnancies to begin with. The majority of our young people and many adults don't even know how to do that. Myths regarding pregnancy prevention run rampant. Many people don't even know how to take birth control properly or wear a condom correctly.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Agreed. I find abortion to be a blight on society. This is exactly why we should provide safe and legal abortions to those who need one and to then support, fully, all single mothers out there who decided to go through with it as well as championing any program that helps feed and shelter families.

This whole voting for anti-abortion legislation on one hand and then voting to cut social funding programs that support mothers on the other hand is so hypocritical that I sometimes think those people are just trolling the rest of us for a laugh. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS! Dammit.

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The same people who get bent out of shape when it comes to 'these poor, innocent children,' are the same ones that ignore facts regarding drone strikes murdering children.

In other words, they get on these massive theoretical rants about 'doing the right thing, saving innocent lives, these unborn children don't deserve it,' but when it comes real life people being murdered (versus hypotheticals)?

Psh, whatevs. Also, if the baby turns out to be a homosexual do you still support it's right to live?

Anti-abortionists are anti-logic. Caring about unborn children is noble, but it doesn't get you very far when you can't share that compassion after they're born.

In lay terms, if you're against abortion you should automatically be against child abuse, poverty, and hey, murdering them through drones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join