It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are Christian, please answer me this (help)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

So again, Jesus did not die for our sins then, by your own admission.

Not in the way Christians believe no...

Also, why do you get to pick and choose which god is the "right" one?

Because there are many gods... but only one true Father of Creation

But wait, if Jesus died for our sins, why do we have to repent?

You don't have to... but you may want to

Absolutely no logic in any of your responses. Just circular reasoning. All as expected, though, you are not the only one who can not give logical answers.

Then why are you wasting your time replying?

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Bleeeeep
reply to post by CleanCare

I have gave you the answer. It is because Father is just, so we have to be redeemed of our unjustness to be wed to the Son.

All the "harry potter" stuff you do not understand because you have been taught to think of reality as a nuts and bolts physical thing.

A better understanding is that Father is consciousness and the matter you see, is light, or the Son, and The Holy Ghost is the will, energy or force of the "physical"...it is the spirit(s) of God.

e.g. When you make something from the light, a cup for example, you place into the light, your will / spirit, which forms the cup.

Again, it is "good" concept (re)production. You create a concept of your awareness and place your will into the light (The Son).

It isn't magic, it is our reality that you have been mislead to think is just a physical thing -- that it is not spiritual, and that there is no purpose.

I appreciate your replies, I really do. I just don't buy it.

"He is just" "Light" "the spirit" "Consciousness" They are just an easy-way-out answer to me. I can answer ANY question using those words I feel like.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

StallionDuck
reply to post by Akragon

Once again, I can learn from you even though we have different thoughts and reasoning. This is what I call real discoveries upon what we ultimately wish to find out.

Me? I don't do churches. I become judgmental just being in one. Families owning churches while the poor souls give up their hard earned money to support that family, which you can only stand by the side of if you're kin or marry into it... Giving up money to build million dollar churches on the backs of the poor people donating to it... Yeah, I have way too many issues with churches and the riches they obtain. So many mouths can be fed, so many homeless could have shelter... And they call it the house of God. God's earthly house was torn down 2000 years ago. I was even born and raised Catholic, and I do hold some of the belief and standards, but I don't follow any preacher. What I've read in the bible is truth to me, and truth enough for me. I'm not perfect because I have not and am not capable of following everything demanded of me, within it. But I strive to be the best I can be, considering what I do and how I am each and every day, towards others, towards myself... Each day I learn from my mistakes, and every day after I make them again, but I'm fortunate enough to understand where I'm wrong and able to correct myself when I catch myself. Every day I learn from mistakes I've made years and sometimes many years ago, that somehow come to light in my mind... but now makes sense to me when it wouldnt have before.

I don't follow priests or preachers, BUT I learn from them when they speak from the bible, and I learn from people like you and others who make sense to me. My faith and belief is but a puzzle that I find pieces for each and every day, in hopes of building a complete and true soul. So I learn from my surroundings and I apply it to what the bible says. If it fits, then that's one step closer to the truth.

Well said...

I like this

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

StallionDuck
reply to post by Maltese5Rhino

But... you're forgetting. He died do our sins could be washed away. That doesn't mean that we will be washed clean then sin no more. It's a constant understanding of one's self and a constant battle to do what's right, to learn, to gain wisdom and to continue to pray for wrong doing that we still do and for others.

Oh yes and I agree that our sins where washed away as in a 'fresh start' I was just pointing out that since then people still commit to sin and it is easily repented. I always was dubious about 'sin' as it didnt have the feel of as a bad thing when it took no more than a few minutes in the confessions box to get yourself back on track with God.

Yes I know it is more for learning and bettering one self through sin. We have to make mistakes to solve problems, afterall we are only human. Mind after that line 'bettering one self through sin' I have just realised Sin itself is contridictary. We need sin to learn to better ourselves and need to be repented in order to be absolved. If we never got Sin, we never had a reason to be in Gods graces.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Just wanted to add:

I bet Jesus does not want anybody to routinely beg for forgiveness. I bet Jesus is not so needy for attention that people need to pray for forgiveness all the time. I bet Jesus died for the people's sins so that people can continue on with their lives happy and guilt-free. Jesus probably does not want anybody to repent over something that happened thousands of years ago.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

You can answer all questions based on that because that is what reality is. It is what evolution is. It is why you seek a just answer for your question. It is why we have instincts, orifices, emotions.

All of it is God creating his concepts of what is good. Check the bible....

Jesus is the first born of every creature, that he is the word, that he is the light, that he is the godhead bodily.

He is the light which manifests God's concepts through God's spirit.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I detect a young rebellious person...

Might I ask how old you are?

just curious

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Whenever I go, the priest will always say something along the lines of "Oh lord, forgive US.

Is Jesus forgiving us or is the minister?

I love the way they pray for us. Its as if they are the qualified one to intercede on our behalf. Better let them do it. Otherwise we won't be as forgiven if we don't appear in the church (tip the plate to be sure). People that go to church get that weekly absolution feel good for all the rotten s*** they do during the week.

You are forgiven, now go and sin some more. Be sure to come back next week. Otherwise that sin crust might build up to epic proportions.

So done with that charade.

If you "transgress" against others-- stop doing that, do apologize and try to make it right. Thats all thats required.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

It's clear you made a confusion between Christians and Catholics. Your thread need to be redefined.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Jesus (peace be upon him) sacrifice himself as an
ultimate sacrifice; So that the custom of offerings as
in 'scape-goating', burt-offerings,
killing the first born, etc. ( hebrew tradition) could end
for once and for all.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

i'm definitely young, and damn....i guess i'm rebellious, at least for this topic. Now that's an adjective I've never associated myself with.

I realize I am coming off very ranty throughout this thread and I apologize. Here's a short story:

When I was in middle/high school, I went to church simply because my parents did and they told me to. I "believed" in God because the church told me to. I am baptized and confirmed because I took some summer program that my parents enrolled me in. Not with force though. I could have easily told them that I didn't want to enroll in the program, but I was just a good kid so I did what they suggested. Everyone else that was baptized and confirmed along with me took the summer program with the same reasons.

I've grown a bit older since then and now I am questioning many things...and religion is a topic I've been questioning a lot.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Trueman

It's clear you made a confusion between Christians and Catholics. Your thread need to be redefined.

Sorry, I meant to say pastor, not priest.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

CleanCare
reply to post by Akragon

i'm definitely young, and damn....i guess i'm rebellious, at least for this topic. Now that's an adjective I've never associated myself with.

I realize I am coming off very ranty throughout this thread and I apologize. Here's a short story:

When I was in middle/high school, I went to church simply because my parents did and they told me to. I "believed" in God because the church told me to. I am baptized and confirmed because I took some summer program that my parents enrolled me in. Not with force though. I could have easily told them that I didn't want to enroll in the program, but I was just a good kid so I did what they suggested. Everyone else that was baptized and confirmed along with me took the summer program with the same reasons.

I've grown a bit older since then and now I am questioning many things...and religion is a topic I've been questioning a lot.

Fair enough theres nothing wrong with questioning... especially when it comes to religion...

I personally believe its actually dangerous to possess the belief that the bible is "the inerrant word of God"... but that's me

As I said in the first post in your thread, if you want to learn about Jesus read the gospels for yourself... Don't worry about the OT... that never ends good...

Skip Paul.. The only thing good about him was his thoughts on love...

Stick to the 4 books if you must revolve your beliefs around Christianity...

And I would also suggest you look into Thomas as well...

Then again you're not speaking to a Christian in any case... so what do I know

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

We all go through and still go through this... Many of us anyways.

Go to the source and always search for answers, just open your mind a little and throw out all of the doubt and leave room for possibility. As the Cheshire Cat mentioned, read the NT and even the OT and take in some perspective and search for the truth based on your own experiances and your own understanding, but just don't stop looking for answers. If it feels good to you inside, it might be the right way, but as long as it doesn't require greed, self, or hatred. Ultimately it's about love. There were some really good quotes up there that were spoken by Jesus that should be the foundation of what you're looking for. It all boils down to how you treat others and without expectations. Just enjoy life, love those around you and don't be a ass to anyone cause ya never know what kinda day they've had and sharing a little happiness can go a hell ofa long way. It has a butterfly effect kind of quality, just as evil.

I know for me, seeing that other people are happy, or sheds a tear over something I've done for them is worth more to me than gold itself. It's a feeling like nothing else that makes me whell up inside, myself.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I was once heard it said that the questions about eternal life are impossible to answer within our linear perspective where there is a past, present, and future. Eternity by definition moves through forward, backward, and present and from this linear perspective and our linear brains cannot conceive of it. Perhaps this might explain how the sacrifice was made for all of mankind past, present, and future.
edit on 3-2-2014 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
OP

Best to talk to your local priest/pastor or spiritual director on matters that are not making sense to you.
edit on 3-2-2014 by lonewolf2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

When I was a kid it was explained to me like this:
Imagine Adam as a cake pan. After Eve and him were made, it was dropped on the floor. This caused a dent in the pan, so every cake that was made after that had a dent in it from the moment it was baked. Thats why you are just as responsible for the original sin as Adam was.
Of course, my only thought was, "Why not just get another pan, then you would'nt have a dent?" Or why not just erase everything and start over; the response was usually that god loved us and wouldnt do that, which brought about the, if hes so powerful and omnipotent and the only being in existance, who would know? The only thing I was ever told was that god loved us so much he wouldnt do that. Of course when I brought up the flood, I was usually shooed away to go play with the other kids.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Sincerely, I cant believe Christian nonsense is even allowed on a site which evokes denying ignorance. Quite hypocritical.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

slunteri

Sincerely, I cant believe Christian nonsense is even allowed on a site which evokes denying ignorance. Quite hypocritical.

Denying ignorance would be to not close yourself to possibility, instead, accept it and even embrace it. To just assume that it does not exist because you don't see it could be considered ignorance.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

slunteri

I quite agree, this site should stick to the really believable stuff like ET visiting earth in spaceships and abducting people for weird experiments

edit on 3-2-2014 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join