It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judging members by their Avatars

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

well, i'm not the girl in my avatar right now, it's just a drawing of mine. i change it a lot though.. between this another drawing, anubis, and various pictures of me..well that's what i got right now. i'm sure there will be more to come in the future.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

It's a good drawing, very eyecatching

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
thx

here ya go, limited time only

too attached to my drawing

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

I'll always picture your face now when I read your posts

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
right on

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Kram09, your avatar tells me you are V for Vendetta fan (as am I). Remember, remember the 5th of November. Which also tells me you are probably sick of the government (as am I).

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I am not, nor have I ever been a Meth dealer...or murderer, as a poster said the other day.
Basically thinking I was actually Walter White...literally thinking I somehow shared his views or activities or that he was actually real and did those things.

*sigh*

People are very stupid.

I have had many avatars over the years here, this just happens to be a current one.
edit on 8/2/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

blupblup
I am not, nor have I ever been a Meth dealer...or murderer, as a poster said the other day.
Basically thinking I was actually Walter White...literally thinking I somehow shared his views or activities or that he was actually real and did those things.
*sigh*
People are very stupid.
I have had many avatars over the years here, this just happens to be a current one.
edit on 8/2/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

Hey blupblup! Your post amused me!
I was thinking about this thread, and realized something funny...about myself.
There is a member here who uses an actor avatar. Won't say if it's male or female.
To me, this person has a rather sour disposition, lol.
I've noticed, that now when I see this particular actor/actress in a movie...I kinda curl up my nose...and realize that I'm associating the 'actor' with the member on ATS.
I'm not surprised if some people think the avatar is who they are talking to. (our brains make some weird associations, lol)
jacygirl

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Oh true enough for sure, we're all guilty of it to some extent.
If someone really hates the colour red for example, I'm sure those with red avatars bother them....or if people hate a band or a tv show or whatever, it's possible for that to cloud or distort your judgement or opinion of someone.

I try to dislike or like the poster first and then the avatar second

It's certainly weird and fascinating from a psychological point of view.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Judge away

Won't change me, is the reason you don't have an avatar because you don't have an identity ?

Click on my signature strip and tell the team what you want, you may be surprised

Just saying

Cody

edit on 24/2/14 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I just happen to be very much into Aliens

I think some people THINK other people's avatars look like the person behind the avatar, this is something that happens ALOT in the gaming world, like in MMOs and Second Life
edit on 2/24/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I know some members have pre-judged my personality and even beliefs and opinions solely based on what they thought my avatar represents.
They've all been wrong.

Major Easy was a character in a comic I enjoyed reading when I was a kid - it sometimes helps bring back pleasant memories of a happy childhood - nothing more, nothing less.....well, that and I guess he does look sort of cool.

I don't read too much into other people's avatars - they help identify members I'm familiar with or who I've debated with previously but I do some times like looking at some of the more creative inventions. BFT's avatars are always pretty good and I thought blup's Batman one was great.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i get the silly voices from the avatars in my head when i read the reply's

please do not tell anybody

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I mainly use avatars to remember people's views on certain topics. Not in all cases is this true, but most of the time it is.

As for my avatar, take from it what you will.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Nice method of stereotyping, but a toon's just a toon...
in life, nothing is as it seems.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I like avatars that represent things from the natural world.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join