It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zak from "Ghost Adventures" buys the Latoya Ammons house

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

FlyersFan

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

Whether people here like him or not the show is popular and I'm sure they'll make a hell of a lot more than what was paid back with a show on the topic.

Such is life.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure its the house that's haunted and don't expect anything to happen except Zack quietly putting it back on the market.
Ghost Hunters seem better technically but Ghost Adventures puts on a better show,IMO.I've heard them comment on being followed by the spirits afterwards.They really do talk some spirit smack though so I wouldn't be surprised if true.
edit on CSTSatam61061 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

"A fool and his money are soon parted"

been there done that

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

he did?

He put it up for sale

Darn

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

The point of the show Ghost Adventures is to determine and document whether or not the place has paranormal activity. They are not there to try and solve some murder mystery and spiritually cleanse the location.

I've been watching their show since it first started and they do a superb job of documenting and debunking everything they come across. The only thing I sometimes disagree on is their translation of some EVPs -- that's it.

-------------------------------------------------

OP,

I'm hoping he bought the place as some sort of project. I'd like to see a couple of episodes/lockdowns done there.

Edit: Looks like he is going to be documenting it; I figured he would. Hope he gets it all on camera!

Zak says he's going to live there and document his experience -- "If it's true this home is a portal to hell, then I want to go there and see what happens."

edit on 1-2-2014 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

But you can not determine and document whether or not the place has paranormal activity, if they have no proof that paranormal activity really exist, so therefore it's just a show where they make things up based on Missinterpretation and over reaction, they often say they see things though never catch the thing they actually see on camera.

To many loose ends to take seriously, and to many "evidence that are to easy to fake", and you are allways presented with "to easy to fake" stuff.

Looks like he is going to be documenting it; I figured he would. Hope he gets it all on camera!

I am though interested in that, benifit of the doubt, but he has to be really good to convince me.
edit on 1-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

SearchLightsInc

Xtrozero
Is it just me and my wife but we both can't stand Zak....
edit on 1-2-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

He's getting more and more annoying season after season. His "deep thinking" and over explanation of things that "cant be debunked" has really started to irritate me.

Not to mention the reconstruction scenes during the shows... They still make decent episode here and there though.

I watched a few in the beginning until he got possessed on one episode, and seemed to have these emotional struggles with the ghost every time he investigates.

I'll put it on for a few minutes just to irritate my wife at times...hehe

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Xtrozero

I'll put it on for a few minutes just to irritate my wife at times...hehe

That's cruel!

I love it

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
Still it was a smart business move, looking forward to what ever comes of it, hope he has some kind of show on it.

The one limiting factor with all these shows is they do just one night investigation, and to have a 24/7 365 investigation would rock. Think of camera/mic etc in every room recording 24/7. They then could edit the endless hours of nothing down to 1 hour per week from the 168 hours times X number of cameras of recording. That is a hell of a lot of footage to find gold nuggets in.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

iamhobo
The point of the show Ghost Adventures is to determine and document whether or not the place has paranormal activity.

Very wrong actually, the point of a tv show is to make money for the tv station, the advertisers, the producer/director/writer/etc. and to entertain people.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Xtrozero
Is it just me and my wife but we both can't stand Zak....
edit on 1-2-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

its not just you. hes the epitome of the word tool and every reaction he has is a joke. grave encounters (on netflix, check it out if youre into the mock-umentary style movies) is kind of like a play on what the guys from ghost adventures do and the lead seriously has zaks idiocy and reactions down to a t.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I have to say, I enjoy GA. That first pilot where the brick and wall studs went flying, you could hear the terror in their voices (and screaming) I don't believe any of them are that good of actors. SOMETIMES they get a bit over excited about things that to a person sitting in the safety of his own home, seem not that big of a deal. Zak and Nick get a bit hot at times, again, I think it's the situation/fear/excitement. I have watch every show multiple times since the pilot. Good stuff.
GH I haven't been able to handle for probably 3 years, since Jason's original partner left, can't remember his name....if you haven't given GA a serious chance, I think you MIGHT change your tune.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Mianeye
In that case, i would like to see him do a "throughout full research get to the bottom" investigation of the place, spanning a year or more.

The problem with Ghost adventures IMO. is they move from place to place without ever getting to the bottom of the place they are investigating, and thats make me believe that it's a fake show, with no intention to really investigate the evidence they find.

So let's see what this brings, hopefully the above, if not, he just bought a house with a cool story.

that and they over dramatize everything and fake evidence and other things....

When i was living in Idaho and they came to Boise they were looking for rattle snakes to buy to stage for the show to make it look like the place was infested with dangerous snakes....

Ghost Adventures is fun to watch but to me nothing they do is credible....

The worst possible investigation team that could have possibly gotten this house IMHO other then that British team from years ago...
edit on 1-2-2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I hope it's then instigated throughly, but not left to it's own in the end. To then there should be a cleansing of the home. Would be interesting and possibly beneficial if Lorraine Warren and others are brought in.
I believe GAC is credible in action. Such as mentioned about the Idaho show, as many on the net have shared the same about the snakes and a a bit about the Prison itself, but that's in part of their theatrics and probably to appease the Travel Channel(sharing details about location because well, it is the "travel" channel), even though way blow out of proportion. Should not invalidate any of the paranormal findings.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ha the joke is on them.

The demons are not in the house, but actually running their television network.

edit on 2-2-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

hellobruce

iamhobo
The point of the show Ghost Adventures is to determine and document whether or not the place has paranormal activity.

Very wrong actually, the point of a tv show is to Sell advertising space.

Fixed it for ya

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Xtrozero

Stormdancer777
Still it was a smart business move, looking forward to what ever comes of it, hope he has some kind of show on it.

The one limiting factor with all these shows is they do just one night investigation, and to have a 24/7 365 investigation would rock. Think of camera/mic etc in every room recording 24/7. They then could edit the endless hours of nothing down to 1 hour per week from the 168 hours times X number of cameras of recording. That is a hell of a lot of footage to find gold nuggets in.

This already exists,,, there is a abandoned hospital in Oklahoma that has been wired 24/7 with multiple cams and audio for years now... they used to do Saturday sit downs night vision camera's and all sorts of stuff.... I know it still active out there somewhere

Here it is:

www.researchwebcam.net...

edit on R222014-02-03T03:22:19-06:00k222Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R232014-02-03T03:23:46-06:00k232Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R292014-02-03T03:29:11-06:00k292Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Apparently from what I've read about this case the demons have been exorcised from the
residence! So I don't expect Zak would be successful finding anything real! I do however
believe that these things do occasionally enter into our plane of existence!
I believe that Zak already knows that there is nothing left in this house but will use the
houses reputation to gain popularity for his show "Ghost Adventurers".
I don't think human beings should go searching for these diabolical entities or they may
get more then they bargained for!

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Majestic Lumen
I can't say how "haunted" that house really is, but back when it first happened before it was reported in media, I got a chance to read the police report (I wasn't allowed to make a copy back then). Many things that are being left out would be explained away. The one that mostly gets me is the walking on walls and ceiling one. In the report it said that the child was uncontrollable and his grandmother grabbed his hands and he began stepping away as his grandmother was still holding his hands, he stepped on the wall and walked up and on the ceiling and flipped over, again while his grandmother was still holding his hands, from what I've read, they try to make it seem as though he walked on the wall on his own. My personal belief is that perhaps 'MAYBE' there is something to the hauntings, but what I read in the report can be explained away, I was not satisfied after reading it.

Now that the story is public, I will get a copy of the report and can come back and bring to light what all was reported without the sensationalism if anyone is interested.

To be fair though, a police report is going to be the most watered down attempt to document the events in a believable way. Just like UFO's, LEO's wouldn't want admit to believing in 'crazy stuff'. They might get made fun of in the locker room, or worse when promotion time rolls around.
It could also be argued that sensibly a police report should frame the events with the most likely (believable) scenario. Great claims require great proof and all that.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I like Ghost Adventures. It's a fun show and more entertaining than Ghost Hunters. I also like the way they present their evidence and appear to actually believe they are hunting ghosts and at times in the presence of ghosts. But at the end of the day, it is still a television show and should be taken with a grain of salt. Though of all the ghost hunting shows on television, GA, is probably the most believable.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join