It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Movies Like The Matrix.....Mind Control?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
So i had this thought after deep contemplation about how the elite use very deep hypnosis on the masses. They do it through education, and mass media. Thats why they want everyone on their cell phones texting, reading facebook or twitter, and using google. They are focusing on mapping out our collective psyche into what we could probably consider to be archetypes. Maybe they create the archetypes to pair with astrology to predict events and make better plays on the predictive programming. Such as, an analysis of the archetypes to characterize with very similar, already established archetypes or something along those lines. You know, the way the story of the gods are from all mythologies?

See, you really need to dip into the occult from a deep level in order to understand how this works and why.

So this is my question too you. Do you think movies like The Matrix and engineered to guide that process through spiritual warfare?

Heres what i think they are trying to suggest to people and my evidence is the growing trend and the promotion of this philosophy as a personal philosophy.

The philosophy that your are god.

Now how does The Matrix peddle this idea? Well, its simple. They the ordinary citizen like Neo who people have an easy time identifying with because he is portrayed as the average joe, dull office job, laid back apartment, and other easily identifiable things throughout the movie. Its almost like they are planting ideas into your mind during a state of high suggestibility.

They are making the character very suggestible to you by creating the picture or illusion that he is just like you to make him more acceptable in your mind. Then they are guiding him through the process of becoming what is a super god like entity. Meanwhile the entire time he cant accept it. Now this idea it may seem out there on the surface, but have any of you ever mingled with this crowd of people? A lot of them are into weird # and im sure its easy to get them to do anything if the money is right.
edit on 20141America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago2331432014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 20141America/Chicagoq000000America/Chicago3231442014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

well....first off....I think many if not most or all tv shows and movies are mind control. No...I think ALL are mind control.

I sat here contemplating your hypothesis and I like where you are going but...if Neo was god and the message is that we are all gods....wouldn't the other characters be god like as well? Instead, they just come off as super hero...ish.

I thought Matrix was more of a warning movie like 1984 and Terminator .... that we all need to be wary of the rise of the machine and technology in general. That our lives are not what they seem because there is someone behind the curtain controlling everything.

But I also thought that the movie was propagandizing the coming of brain chips and neuro-enhancements ....hey never noticed that before... instead of Neo as in "new".....maybe it is a play on Neuro as in "brain".... I digress

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Thats to direct it needs to be on the control grid.

A slow and constant bombardment that works the best. Very subtle.
edit on 20142America/Chicagoq000000America/Chicago4428312014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The Matrix Trilogy always struck me as more straight-up mind control than any other movie in the past decade. Actually, I have often wondered if it was not meant to be the guide for some people to follow - I'm not even sure if movies like this promote mind control consciously, but what about sub-consciously? And what is the definition of mind control? These questions give me chills.
edit on 01amSat, 01 Feb 2014 00:35:31 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Thats to direct it needs to be on the control grid.

A slow and constant bombardment that works the best. Very subtle.
edit on 20142America/Chicagoq000000America/Chicago4428312014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

kind of like your avatar?
It speaks to me!! LOL

have the Wachowski's said anything about this?

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Maybe its a play on the hero mythology or archetype. These archetypes reveal deeper parts of our psyche that i dont think many people are even aware exist.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I think their coauthors were more like the mystery muse(s), rather than the elite. :p

Further, I think their work was so mind-bending, that not even the Wachowskis understood the depths of what they were presenting.

As for their "inspiration", I think they drew upon Abrahamic religions, Philip K. Dick, and the three books everyone always points to: Simulacra and Simulation, Out of Control, and Introducing Evolutionary Psychology: A Graphic Guide.

more

I think people do not take away from the movie that they are god, but that they can become their own god(s) -- that it is not man that has failed God, but it is God that has failed us.

Ultimately, it tricks you into thinking that what is wrong with the world is not people, but reality / God, and that we, as our own gods, can fix it by creating our own reality, as we see fit.

It is pretty #ed up #.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Yeeeaaapppp.

Exactly what you said in the last couple sentences.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
So your asking if movie-makers conspire as if they are joined at the brain, and we movie-goers are all so like each other that the movie-makers have a set of one-size-fits-all formulas that movie making is all just window-dressing around the same manipulative messaging that we will do what they or their handlers want? Except for product placement I really don't think there is much more sonspiracy going on than that. I thought the Matrix was garbage. But the people who made the series seemed to think enough of their audience to even consider that people would be able to be entertained by such concepts. All I saw however were people fighting a lot and no one really feeling any pain or hurting. And when I see that in a movie, the jig is up. That is just insulting to intelligent people. If there is a "one-size-fit-all" formula that guides movie making it is called "suspension of disbelief". And it often seems to me that Hollywood is a lot less intelligent than movie goers--there are only so many CGI cartoons fighting other CGO cartoons that a dron-up will stand for. It's kid stuff. If you think Hollywood is in league with the purveyors of permanent war, you might have a point. But it's still for kids--they do the real dying after all, when it comes time for another round of blood-letting for economic stimulus and blood sport.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Bleeeeep

I think their coauthors were more like the mystery muse(s), rather than the elite. :p

Further, I think their work was so mind-bending, that not even the Wachowskis understood the depths of what they were presenting.

As for their "inspiration", I think they drew upon Abrahamic religions, Philip K. Dick, and the three books everyone always points to: Simulacra and Simulation, Out of Control, and Introducing Evolutionary Psychology: A Graphic Guide.

It is pretty #ed up #.

This is the million dollar post on this thread. The OP liked your last sentences, but I liked you first. No, they didn't understand what they were presenting. They maybe didn't even know the PKD work of which their work was very derivative. But in considering this, we must remember the fact that PKD was an earnest seeker. He was yearning to be a Christian, and getting what it is to be a Christian at a deeper level than most, as he found himself a prophet for the future, even though he thought of himself a very sinful and corrupt man. But there's no questioning what God chooses us to be, the destiny he hands us is unavoidable. And once you see the the truth, its the truth. And when others discover it independently, its not because they were stealing your ideas, or because you were all mind controlled, but because your ideas were in line the truth, and they discovered it in their own way and time.

The question the OP asked, is "is this mind control?" But we should remember, it may be we're talking about honest insight here. So I ask you: Is 2+2 mind control? I mean every one thinks its 4. Is that mind control, that every one comes to the same conclusion? Or is that a side effect of the reality that questioning leads us all simultaneously toward truth? That we all come to the conclusion that 2+2 =4 because it is true, and truth is what binds us all together?

These are incredibly challenging times, and it can be hard to tell with all the manipulations and evil whether mind control is at play, or whether we are all involved in an accelerated process discovering truth. But my role is to remind people that the truth is out there, and we must not forget that it is, and furthermore that it is the place of unity, the place where we all can agree. Let us all remember that not all coincidences are wicked in origin.

PEace!

PEace!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
"The Matrix" is a Kabbalistic term meaning "the veil of light & colour", which they say we live under, thus, living in the Matrix. Neo (named Neo obviously as it is an anagram of one) plays the Archetypal redeemer, like Christ in that He was prophesisied to come and restore balance or redeem mankind and that he was 'the one' (same as Anakin Skywalker, who was also of virgin birth and prophesisied to restore balance to the force/ save mankind, like Christ..), The Matrix movie itself is telling a story thats been told a million times, just in a new body and incase you don't belive me that the film is Kabbalistic/Biblical and that they are trying to liken Neo to Christ, the further proof is tha the film is full of Biblical references and names, such as the Nebuchenezzar as the name of the ship, Zion being the name of the surviving human civilisation or Trinity being the name of the female and many more. The basics of the Story are always the same, mankind is in dire straights, someone who is prophesised to appear (sometimes not ancient prophecy but just expected ''someone will come who can fix this...'') appears, He gets the girl, it all looks good, then He doubts that he is the prophesisied redeemer or doesnt want to be for a while, then He has the realisation that He has to be/ wants to be and saves / redeeems mankind. yay. The matrix is about the kabbalistic/ hermetic spiritual heirarchy, with us at the bottom. It has The one, Neo, 'waking up', realisising and seeking out others who are awake (Much like many here on ATS etc) then He assumes the Archetypal, Christ the redeemer/ sun god role, whilst the average person, 'unawake', remains in the Matrix (the illusion or Veil of light and colour, where we live...) the background of the film is obviously them waking up more people with the knowledge they have, removing as many as possible from the illusion... whilst Neo, the one, the christ, the Sun god, struggles with his roll but ultimately accepts responsibility for mankinds salvation/redemption etc, and how does He achieve it in the end? well, like Christ, Mithras, Sol Invictus, etc, He returned to the Source... The one goes back to the ultimate one... and dies for Mankind, whilst being held; arms out at his sides like the shape of a cross... The only difference between Neo and the Sacrificial redeemers before him is that he died at the Source as opposed to dying to return to the source or godhead or whatever your preference... they just replaced the spirit with the machine in the matrix, the source went from being the general idea of God to being the omnipotent (in the matrix) machine. The Matrix, Star wars, even to a lesser extent, white house down, if you strip away all the minute differences, the underlying story is almost always the same...

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I think hollywood in general is a major influence on the masses. Mind control, culture changes, fashion, and even human characteristics are a based on what people see on the movie screen. The idea that "you are God" is preposterous and blaspheme to say the least and outright everywhere but mankind has always been obsessed with the idea of becoming super or more powerful. Throughout all of time, there were numerous books authored about fairy tales and demi-gods, myths and legends, all for the entertainment of masses and to tell a story, almost as if to say to men..."you can be one too!" When in reality, you can't. The false illusion of any type of powers beyond human ability is just that. An illusion. For some reason, even today, people think there is a way to gain super powers and become god-like.

Do movies try to convince people they can be things that are impossible? Most certainly, and the evidence is all over youtube.

Here is a prime example of the influence that media has on it's viewers, especially the children. This young man believes he can become what he watched on TV. A character he loves and believes he can emulate. It is funny, but sad in the same way. I'm sure he hates that video today. But it proves a valid point.

I personally must look at the spiritual side of things when it comes to movies, TV or media in general. In my belief, there is a evil entity that has influence over the majority of media and you can see it clearly through some of the styles or manners depicted on screens, magazines and events. It is here to tell you that you can be God because it wants to fool mankind. Unfortunately, I believe it is doing an incredible job and people just don't want to admit that it exists.

But that is merely my belief.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I work in the movie industry [SAG/AFTRA, IATSE] and am also a struggling screenwriter; all the screenwriters I know
have no interest in mind controlling anyone. They just want to make money, just like the production companies that make the movies.

Perhaps there is a mind control agenda in Media production; I haven't seen any agenda other than people trying to cash in on usually dumbass content.

If anyone is unhappy with the media content.......be part of the change and contribute your ideas, stories, dreams, etc. Bitching about it on ATS seems pointless.

Movies and mind control as a focus for a film would be fantastic.

write one....you can start here

www.celtx.com...

It's what I use...join us!!!
edit on 1-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Did you ever notice when watching a movie when the powers that be are wining and at the end of the movie the weak little person wins well that is to make you think that the small weak can win just to throw you off of what is really happening in the real world, to make you feel better that regular everyday people have a chance to win and beat the powers that be. That is all a show so you think we can win and you always feel better after seeing a movie like that. It's all to throw you off. Right now in the Real world they are winning and the everyday working people are loosing to THEM TPTB. Well I know you have heard this before "WAKE UP" If WE don't Change the way tings are They TPTB will continue to Win. Next time you watch a movie where the little guy wins think about how it's all BULL SH*T !!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
T.V, and Imagination, and in some cases damnation.

The only pro I can think of from T.v is probably inventions as to were Star Trek the best example, like cellphones, or sliding doors.

The whole "You are a God" Motif sounds more New Age to me then anything. Ether it could be a very nice spiritual meaning like being one with the universe, or as to where they don't fool themselves, were the Gods go "Didn't we discuss this before, like a really long time ago?". Which is some what of trickster element in itself really.

Movies or script heavily are based on mythologies, books an stories, or other screen dramas always trying to pit an underdog against unfathomable odds. Like Gladiator.

Some of the better scripts rely on the harshness of the real world, which can somehow relate, and draw in the viewers.

Others are simply childish, and also extreme, like religion an mythology. Which in some(Actually most) cases, are the same thing. Or they are just using consumer tricks, like butter popcorn, or Mcdonalds an their addictive food(Which I haven't tried for over a year) or when advertisements had a blasting volume that would catch your attention.

Marketing schemes?
edit on 1-2-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The answer is yes, but much deeper and far reaching than you know.
In 1995 joint U.S. and U.K. scientists perfected a video that downloads
non- consentual set of instructions to the brain (when trigered by tone) that makes the person commit suicide.Then all of the scientists commited suicide. It is clear to me this technology was used on the inventers by there superiors to prevent leaks.
This is only one example of many secret tests that fall under biorelevant mind control that the TELE-VISION can serve up to your children and you friends with out consent and without your knowledge, AND YOU PAID FOR IT .

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

supergravity

The answer is yes, but much deeper and far reaching than you know.
In 1995 joint U.S. and U.K. scientists perfected a video that downloads
non- consentual set of instructions to the brain (when trigered by tone) that makes the person commit suicide.Then all of the scientists commited suicide. It is clear to me this technology was used on the inventers by there superiors to prevent leaks.
This is only one example of many secret tests that fall under biorelevant mind control that the TELE-VISION can serve up to your children and you friends with out consent and without your knowledge, AND YOU PAID FOR IT .

Do you have any links to corroborate this....

This would make a fantastic movie!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Neo is not portrayed as a God, just awake and aware to the deception and control used by the "machine overlords". In our real world prallel, the control over everyone to believe in, conform to and promote "civilization" keeps everyone suppressed (asleep) in a subservient role. Much like the battery Morphius shows Neo in the beginning (what the Matrix is scene).

Difference between Neo and everyone else "still plugged in" is his awareness of the cage, chains and shackles that hold our bodies and mind prisoner. This prisoner / slave status that holds everyone captive is directly pulled from the book, The Republic of Plato, The Allegory of the Caves.

Endure reading that section and you will understand the Matrix.

The Matrix is the induced system of false belief.

Everyone still plugged in is asleep to the awareness of control they are subject to.

Neo is not a God, he is free.

Everyone whose mind sees the truth and is free from the illusion is an enemy of the state.

A Terrorist.

What is the Matrix?

A close parallel drawn from Matrix symbolism to "the real" in our world would go something like…

A human worker generates a zillion dollars of tax revenue in his life time. Humans are indoctrinated from birth to believe in the system, ultimately becoming a good earner to support that system. In its corruption the system garners that wealth to maintain power and control over the individual in order to further their corrupt goals of conquest and domination over you, the world… everyone and everything.

Instead of holding up a Duracell battery at the end of the YouTube, Morphius should have held up a dollar bill.

Get it?

The ones still plugged in are not "the enemy'", just lost in their deeply entrenched paradigm, unable to see any other alternative to the "programming" they have received that keeps them under control and slavish to that system. Sentinels are the 'police' that enforce the control and seek to destroy any that try to expose the truth about it.

Snowden is a Neo ,for instance. Not God, just a man.

Be a Neo and expose the truth wherever you discover it.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
As a fan of The Matrix movies, I would like to add my two cents.

I think the best way to think of them is not in terms of a particular culture or mystical tradition or belief system but in terms of the Monomyth, which transcends culture-bound belief systems because it is in them all. The Matrix is an iteration of the Monomyth. The writers probably used the work of Joseph Campbell as the skeletal structure of the screenplay.

“The usual hero adventure begins with someone from whom something has been taken, or who feels there is something lacking in the normal experience available or permitted to the members of society. The person then takes off on a series of adventures beyond the ordinary, either to recover what has been lost or to discover some life-giving elixir. It's usually a cycle, a coming and a returning.”

― Joseph Campbell, The Hero With a Thousand Faces

edit on 1-2-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Though I admire Joseph Campbell I disagree with the "recycle" graph as a depiction of the Matrix.

Once Neo was unplugged (awake), Morphius asks him, "Would you go back (into the Matrix) if you could?"

Once you discover the truth about something, it is nigh impossible to go back to believing the lie.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join