It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Movies Like The Matrix.....Mind Control?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm not sure about mind control but I do think that movies can and do effect social change. I think the movie V For Vendetta helped to change public perception of the Homosexual relationships and has contributed in the gains they have made as a group.

Neo also died and then resurrected.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The Matrix trilogy are my favorite movies. I just got a DVD the Matrix Revisted, behind the scenes of after the matrix and before they made the sequels. People can say whatever they want about these movies , but compared to the generic romantic comedy Hollywood just pushes out every year or two it is a Juggernaut. On the DVD says its like a musician s first album, all their ideas went into it , there best stuff that they worked on a long time. The W brothers said there will be more symbolism in these movies then anybody will ever know.

We are made in Gods image, and like lesser beings. There are a lot of movies where people get super powers whether telekinetic ( move things with mind) or super strength or something else. You wouldn't say a superman movie is hiding subliminals that the average person can be like God? If there is mind control I would say in their philosophies that are futuristic or beyond what we usually think about. With technology and a future two three hundred years from now.

Neo means future , I think. Morpheus means king of dreams and Trinity means three or " Holy trinity" you may have heard of. In the beginning of the first movie the people on the ship say," we are going to kill him" . Makes you think if HIS decision of self sacrifice for the greater good, wasn't reinforced by peer pressure all the way. Please save us, only you can. He goes on this adventure leaving his normal life behind only to give up everything and become a martyr .

I think they were telling a traditional Hero role , with religious undertones mixed in. The prophecy Morpheus speaks of , he is looking for someone and the oracle told him he will find him. Agent Smith calls him a "blind messiah". The people waiting for him after he gets off the ship with presents or food treat him like ..." A savior" or something. Cause he was mentioned in the prophecy and came to save them. Ultimately , I think it is a story of a messiah complex, meaning he has to become Christ like and give his life to save the world.

PS in the video game they changed the ending because they said the Christ thing isn't good for games so they said twenty minutes of the Hulk VS Galactus. Galactus was an alien the fantastic four used to fight the size of Godzilla and used to eat planets. So he fights a Godzilla size agent smith.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You can use a knife to chop vegetables or kill someone, depends on who's holding it and for what purpose. Similarly, movies could be a powerful medium for propaganda or simply entertainment; depends on whoever's captain of the ship.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by letmeon

I love the movies too but i cant help but think they instil a certain frame of mind or very acutely portray an idea to the viewer.

I just got home so gimme some time to respond to everyone else.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Yes.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
yes some blatantly are, others are completly real!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join