It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Snow? -- Internet Hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Admin Edit: this Internet hoax debunked:

Apparently...up north (Michigan/Cleveland) the snow is acting pretty questionable...There are several of these videos circling around and I have a friend up north who confirmed this for me...he was a bit weirded out by it and I can see why as this is not like ANY snow I have ever seen...

Tested this where I am here in CO (snowed recently) and it doesn't do this...it melts and acts as expected leaving water behind...

Anyone else know whats up with this?

edit on 30-1-2014 by Sly1one because: (add more vids)

EDIT TO ADD VIDS:

edit on 30-1-2014 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
That's pretty interesting. Never seen anything quite like that before.

I'm not sure what the cause is personally, that is if that person truly was using snow he had found outside (not tampered with by him.)

I just tried a few google searches to see if anything similar to this popped up, but I couldn't find anything.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I actually just posted something about this in this strange snowball thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty weird and there are other videos out there where the snow actually burns and smoke comes off.
Another shows a man burning the snow with no melting and then he tries an ice cube and it melts just fine.
edit on 30/1/2014 by Jeroenske because: spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

I've only seen a couple other videos of this that were private facebook vids...it could be an internet hoax who knows, my snow didn't do this and I'm 50/50 with people I know trying where they live. One friend in PA said her snow was fine...

Nice thing is its easy for people to test and corroborate or not...which is what hopefully ends up happening here...enough people test it out and see whats up.

I don't know why people would hoax this though...think about it would be a pretty difficult hoax too...what material would look like snow but burn like a weird plastic?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Someone just posted three videos on my thread about this. It doesn't appear that they are faking it.

Here is one of them:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Wondering if people are potentially burning salt? Or possibly snow off the roadway where chemicals were laid to keep the roads from icing...

The sampling isn't really controlled so it might be a biased kind of thing...which is why the results are all over the place for different people...

Who knows whats up...I would like for some people here on ATS to try this out and post though!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Well this is strange....i hope anyone who has some snow...i dont....but whoever tries this should give a rough location and result...maybe we can pin it down for locale....

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Sly1one
reply to post by sled735

Wondering if people are potentially burning salt? Or possibly snow off the roadway where chemicals were laid to keep the roads from icing...

The sampling isn't really controlled so it might be a biased kind of thing...which is why the results are all over the place for different people...

Who knows whats up...I would like for some people here on ATS to try this out and post though!

That's originally what first came to mind for me. Perhaps salt or something else used to melt the snow for the roads is the culprit. But then again, you would think that there would still be at least some melted water visible. I wouldn't think that it would alter the water that drastically though.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Lingweenie

Sly1one
reply to post by sled735

That's originally what first came to mind for me. Perhaps salt or something else used to melt the snow for the roads is the culprit. But then again, you would think that there would still be at least some melted water visible. I wouldn't think that it would alter the water that drastically though.

The vid in the OP is pretty crazy I'll agree it does disintegrate like Styrofoam more than frozen water...the heat wouldn't evap the water quickly enough for there to simply be NO water anywhere...the ice cube at the end kind of illustrates the heat from the lighter and torch will still leave water behind...

Which is WHY...it appears the sample is LESS water and MORE ???? this could be do to any number of reasons...chemical deicers etc...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I was working last evening - and rummaning around youtube videos, and clicked on something from the middle east - where it was labled something like "cloud falls down to earth" - the sound was in arabic - and an african I was working with asked me if I spoke it - hearing the video - and I said no - I just turned this on - and he said - "yeah- that is common in the "middle east" - and africa" - it was wierd.

Wondering if this is the same that they're spraying on us -

It was a cloud - but it fell to the ground - and the middle eastern person - in robes and headress and all - was sticking his hand in it - and swirling his hand around in it - and it was letting him do it - and swirling around - and leaving a bit of an imprint, but not sticking to him - it was bizarre - I don't know which video it was - but it was on youtube - maybe "arab log" /"cloud falls to ground"?

Malik said "it's common - we have them all the time."

What the hell are they spraying all over the world?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Definitely weird and would like verification.

I am not ruling out a hoax from something like This.

It is just real weird. I watched the one vid where the guy kept saying "what are they spaying us with".

It sometimes sucks being skeptical.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Simple physics

saw this here

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Making fake snow in Alabama and I filled entire yard in southern Georgia

Best fake snow ever, just need air compressor/water hose and a couple pipes to combine the 2

I built one of these and had about 2 inches of snow by morning letting it run all night

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Frank Dinkle
Simple physics

saw this here

www.youtube.com...

That doesn't really help explain why some of these people are showing that the snow is getting burnt and becoming black though.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Snow is 10% water. Ice is over 90%.

Still ... that's not what I would expect, though I've never applied a lighter to snow before.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by Sly1one

I was working last evening - and rummaning around youtube videos, and clicked on something from the middle east - where it was labled something like "cloud falls down to earth" - the sound was in arabic - and an african I was working with asked me if I spoke it - hearing the video - and I said no - I just turned this on - and he said - "yeah- that is common in the "middle east" - and africa" - it was wierd.

Wondering if this is the same that they're spraying on us -

It was a cloud - but it fell to the ground - and the middle eastern person - in robes and headress and all - was sticking his hand in it - and swirling his hand around in it - and it was letting him do it - and swirling around - and leaving a bit of an imprint, but not sticking to him - it was bizarre - I don't know which video it was - but it was on youtube - maybe "arab log" /"cloud falls to ground"?

Malik said "it's common - we have them all the time."

What the hell are they spraying all over the world?

Here it is. This was ATS sometime ago. I believe the general consensus was that it looked and acted like foam...like it was skimmed off the surface of something.

As to this 'fake' snow....I am not convinced. I would need to see it in a bowl under normal conditions, not melting. Perhaps in a pot on the stove. Then there wouldn't be the evaporation issue.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lingweenie

I think that is from the fuel in the lighter. That stuff will leave a residue on anything.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yep - that's the video -

The north african said it was "common" where he's from -

The "snow-rolls" - just like the "polar vortex" - are seemingly strange -as the MSM reports -

I've grown up in the midwest and, unfortunately, know snow and bad weather well, as I'm 50 years old - never seen "snow-rolls" -

I haven't tried to light the snow here in wisconsin up - maybe I will tomorrow, just to see.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Happy1
reply to post by westcoast

Yep - that's the video -

The north african said it was "common" where he's from -

The "snow-rolls" - just like the "polar vortex" - are seemingly strange -as the MSM reports -

I've grown up in the midwest and, unfortunately, know snow and bad weather well, as I'm 50 years old - never seen "snow-rolls" -

I haven't tried to light the snow here in wisconsin up - maybe I will tomorrow, just to see.

Now you have.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'm not really convinced, is it so hard to just pick up a piece of snow, walk to the nearest corner where its not to windy and take your lighter and set it on fire.

I don't like the part where he takes it inside, then for some reason wants to put it on that red board. Its not like it would explode now?

My first thought was it was sugar with water, but I did see some crystal formation on the edges which you wouldn't see with sugar.

Still, lets him do it outside in the open, then we will see.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join