It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleeping Elderly Woman Awakes to Police Dog Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Katharina Lambert, age 88, was sleeping in her own home in San Bernardino, California. At around 11:30 p.m. on Jan. 23rd, 2013, her silent burglar alarm allegedly went active.

If true, as police say, this does not explain the way they responded. With no warrants, no pressing circumstances, no announcement and no warning about a dog; three officers entered her home and officer J. Echevarria released an attack dog that quickly went to her bedroom.

Lambert awoke to vicious bites to her arm and shoulder causing serious injuries like puncture wounds and severe bruising, she says. Echevarria had to physically remove the dog from Lambert to stop the attack. She also claims that medical treatment was delayed and that the department knew about her severe hearing impairment.

She doesn't pull punches when it comes to accountability. She is personally zeroing in on everyone involved and believes that the culture of San Bernardino police encourages the idea that "it is permissible to unlawfully enter a person's home, deploy a police K-9 to attack innocent people, refuse to accommodate a disabled person, and delay prompt medical care."

More:

www.courthousenews.com...

More incidents of police dogs waking people up and sometimes with deadly results:

www.activistpost.com...

Ok...A silent alarm "Allegedly" goes off and 3 officers break in, unleash a trained attack dog. The dog goes nuts and attacks the first warm body it finds. This is what I find strange about this.

Police dogs are trained to NOT attack unless it's handler signals it to do so. Since there was clearly no danger present when the officers illegally entered, how does this happen?

Her claim:

She claims their officers are not properly disciplined and that the culture of the San Bernardino Police Department created the belief that "it is permissible to unlawfully enter a person's home, deploy a police K-9 to attack innocent people, refuse to accommodate a disabled person, and delay prompt medical care."

With all the police brutality we are seeing more and more of these days, I believe she's right. These officers were looking for some action and used a dog to do it IMO. Not caring or even thinking of possible repercussions because 9 times out of 10 they get paid leave or suspension. That's punishment for cops these days and they all know it.

When you know that you will likely never be held accountable, wear a gun, tazer, cuffs, have a shot gun in the car and a bunch of brethren getting away with, well many times it's murder, you start to believe that you're invincible and want to test your power on the weak, unarmed subjects you have in your kingdom...IMO.

And don't forget the many reports of police using steroids and getting away with it. Definitely a factor in today's violent behavior by the boys in blue...I mean black since they are all turning into military police slowly but surely.

Ok, too much writing

I'm just glad she's taking this fight to the proper level and hope that she sues the entire department into bankruptcy.

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I use to live in San Berdoo. And this sound exactly like the s.b.p.d. Not surprised, crooked county, crooked cops.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sad really, I hope the elderly lady sue the San Bernardino police department and the city and win, so she can live the rest of her golden years in comfort in another part of the country where she will pay for been protected and not attacked by the police.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

denybedoomed
reply to post by jude11

I use to live in San Berdoo. And this sound exactly like the s.b.p.d. Not surprised, crooked county, crooked cops.

Sadly these days it's not just one county anymore. It's spreading like a disease as more and more cops realize they have a license to treat us as criminals at any time. It's a power shift and sooner or later people are going to just snap.

Police will have to be on guard in their own homes IMO.

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I worked in the northern part for a chemical company and the SBSD would run fired employees of the chemical company out of town for the company.
This was a old company town till the 1950s with company script.

In this town the SBSD worked for the company.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I truly hate to seem ' knee - jerk ' about this story... but - If this dog was not on a leash , and injured a human being ; then it should be ' put down ' immediately in accordance with the law regarding such things. I'm sure S. Bernadino has such laws , just like everywhere else.

2 cents.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It seems to be a trend these days that law enforcement is using more and more dogs to do their dirty work. As I understand it there is even a stricter penalty for harming a police dog than a human cop. Personally, penalties be damned, if a cop sends his dog into my home uninvited it will be met with as many hollow points as it takes to stop the thing.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Bazart
reply to post by jude11

I truly hate to seem ' knee - jerk ' about this story... but - If this dog was not on a leash , and injured a human being ; then it should be ' put down ' immediately in accordance with the law regarding such things. I'm sure S. Bernadino has such laws , just like everywhere else.

2 cents.

In principle I would agree with you. There are, however, certain obvious exclusions to the afore-hinted-at-laws when it comes to Police K-9 units. They are, in essence, attack dogs; excluding those used for drug and bomb detection. The fault does not lie with the dog, but with the animal's handlers. A complete and inexcusable abuse of both a person's rights and "The Law's" regulations.

Astounding story.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm staying here in Mexico where it is safe. Not sure anyone could pay me enough money to go back and live in the US these days.

edit on 29-1-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

top topics

join