It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays identified 80% of the time within a blink of an eye without hair, jewelry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

lol. Agreed.

So true for so many if not the majority.

Still, the OP comes across to me as someone quite understanding and not trying to flaunt one orientation as superior.

reply to post by Darth_Prime

Lucid Lunacy - it may surprise people how some people within the LGBT don't like Drag Queens, nothing wrong about, personal preference, likewise some within the LGBT don't support Same Sex Marriage, some don't support the "Camp" or "Flamboyant" Gays,

Oh I think that disparity would blow their minds! It's hard enough for them to think heterosexuals are included in the ranks of LGBT supporters! That said, just to be clear, though I think it probably unnecessary, what I was describing of myself is water on the bridge. I am more than accepting of drag queens
Even 'acceptance' as a word seems horribly inappropriate to incapsulate how truly I embrace my appreciation for it. For me it is part of a greater moral philosophy and value for life. Then again so is my understanding of equality.
edit on 29-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

If any of those bathroom exposures are from 2009 at a truck stop in Wyoming, I can explain. I had just awaken after a crappy nights sleep in my truck ,I was very groggy and I thought the restroom was way larger than it was when I saw you walk in. You know, I thought it was the kind with the stalls inside. I DID NOT mean to stand directly behind you while you used the urinal.. My apologies as you were washing your hands were 100% legit!!... I understand how awkward that may have been, believe me to this day I feel very embarrassed about it. I had not been out of the Army more than 5 months at that time and we stand in line for everything without much thought. So the grogginess combined with habitual hurry up and wait mentality..Well, you see where I'm going with this right? I swear to god I did not think about it at the time and my trainer when I went back to the truck had a good laugh at your comment as you were leaving. (if it was you)..

So if that was you, just know I'm very sorry, and I'm not a perv, and not into male strangers at public restrooms that are way way smaller than perceived from the outside. (Facepalm)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I've found homosexuals easy to identify by their looks and also by the "vibe". It seems that especially homosexuals who have had sex with a number of men go through subtle changes in their demeanor, expression and facial features. One homosexual I knew was indistinguishable from heterosexuals, but once he started having a lot of sex, he gradually changed and became more identifiable. The features in his face actually changed. Its really hard for me to describe or identify what exactly it is, but the difference is there. On the other hand, Ive also been with people who can't tell the difference, so its not really clear to me what I am seeing that they aren't...whether I am intuitively picking something up or whether my eyes are seeing something.

Whats kind of interesting is that Ive also experienced that its possible to identify homo-haters who also carry a certain "vibe" about them. Maybe its effeminate vs. testoseron-pumped, I don't know.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well I can understand this......I hate to say it but a lot of male gays seem to have a distinctive mouth. I wonder why? Hormonal development?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

edit on 29-1-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: Misunderstood the post. Might update this soon!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
People's habits and obsessions usually leave a mark on their facial features. Many people can easily identify tobacco and weed- smokers. A person with specific psychological problems can be often identified by those who happened to meet such people before. There are too much qualities that can't be concealed unless you are dealing with a totally ignorant person who never pays any significant attention to details. But most people do not belong to that category.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Except that biology can have an effect on you psychological factors.

Gay men may produce lower chemicals(or higher) than a non gay man during development, this would be expressed as psychological but in fact it might have biological precursor.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I knew a guy in highschool who never acted gay or gave off any "vibe"... after 10 yrs since our graduation, he told me that he was gay. I was shocked because he didn't seem any difference from any other person. Him telling me was not some dramatic thing either..

it was like.."yeah man, so.. im gay" and a big smile. My eyebrow went up from him just saying it out of nowhere but its wasn't anything weird. I mean, his voice was masculine and deep.. its not what is commonly represented as...

Heck, i didn't know Neil Patrick Harris was gay until read about it.

thats why i think, most gay men(movies or sometimes in publc) adapt that "vibe" or how they act(the flamboyant moves and hand gestures) from a social confluences. I do not think those are natural, so you cant really have a "gaydar" unless that person wanted you to know he is gay.
edit on 1/29/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

it's about 50/50 in my experience. Some just seem like normal dudes, other are more....... dramatic is maybe the word?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

crazyewok
Well I can understand this......I hate to say it but a lot of male gays seem to have a distinctive mouth. I wonder why? Hormonal development?

true, and I can usually tell, but think about Rock Hudson.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well, if people are chemically attracted to one another, maybe it a chemistry thingy.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

MALBOSIA
This is discriminating to gays.

They just want to be like everyone else.... but different... with special rules. BUT THEY ARE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!

To gays....

My gaydar goes off every now and again.....My advise for you if you aren't gay, get a girlfriend and show her off to the people in the office! Stop wearing tight pink shirts and flailing your wrists around when you speak to people....

Sorry I am not too "up" in the gay community....Actually I am not a fan of the gay community, why did I just give you tips on how to fit in again?? Oh well, take it for what it's worth....Now I will leave this thread or I will end up arguing with tothetenthpower or Fliersfan, yet again....Good luck on your trek to normality buddy!
edit on 1/29/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I can understand people not agreeing with or understanding homosexuality, but to suggest its a mental disorder is incredibly offensive.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Gays usually recognize other gays too, I saw it on Behind the Candelabra

Is this rude to discuss this?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yeah that just takes us back to what, 1976 when it was considered a mental disorder (and in Russia, still is?) and around back then in the late 1960s, even interracial marriage was a federal crime.

I'd like to think we are all progressive and honor our founding fathers' premise: All men are created equal, which was echoed by MLK among countless others who died for it in the past century alone let alone all of human history

Anyways, I feel what some of you are saying regarding the 'vibe' afterall, isnt that all we are in the scope of things, various vibrations amidst the collective vibration of the universe!

Gotta agree that the more flambouyant/promiscuous ones are more obvious in their facial expressions and body language. Has anyone seen Shahs of Sunset Strip? In one episode, the mellow, chubby gay was so offended by the flambouyant skinny gay guy, he called him the F word in a gay club! Perhaps gays generally taking better care of their skin, facial toning has to do with it too? I mean, makeup eyebrows hairstyling aside too

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

MrDoomtastic
I can understand people not agreeing with or understanding homosexuality, but to suggest its a mental disorder is incredibly offensive.

Calling gay a mental disorder is same thing as calling Left handed a mental disorder.
edit on 1/29/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
This is discriminating to gays.

They just want to be like everyone else.... but different... with special rules. BUT THEY ARE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!

Would you be able to please enumerate the special rules that they want to have?

RE: the topic...i have a relatively strong gaydar. My wife doesn't. My moms...lol, she wouldn't even recognize being hit on by a woman, let alone having "gaydar". She would say, "Whats that?"

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I think mouth gestures are gender specific in a lot of cases. Same with hand gestures.

Facial gestures in general are fairly defined by gender and culture. The "duck face". If a girl does it, it is annoying but intended to be cute/whimsical. when I guy does it, they do it for the same reason.....but omG. It is ridiculous.

The way the eyes are used, as well, seems to be very gender specific.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Maybe you've begun to transition without knowing it. Perhaps in a year or two you will be a full blown turd burglar.

There's nothing you can do about it. You were born that way.
edit on 29-1-2014 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I dont dwell on others sexualty, and Id be completely freaked out if others were dwelling on mine! LOL! If I meet someone its just not the first thing Im looking for or consciously pick up on. One thing I have noticed as Ive gotten older, is I may not have conscious "gaydar"... but internally I think Im picking up pn SOMETHING. I catch myself treating people in a certain way, or identifying with them differently. I dont mean BADLY.. I just mean connecting with them in a different way if they identify with a particular gender. Hope Im saying this right, its kind of hard to explain I guess.
As far as just gay folks.. I just treat them like another human being across the board... mainly cause I dont really think they are different or deserving of any sort of different treatment... pro or con... for who theyre having sex with.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join