It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays identified 80% of the time within a blink of an eye without hair, jewelry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Sorry I am not too "up" in the gay community....Actually I am not a fan of the gay community, why did I just give you tips on how to fit in again?? Oh well, take it for what it's worth....Now I will leave this thread or I will end up arguing with tothetenthpower or Fliersfan, yet again....Good luck on your trek to normality buddy!

A fan of the gay community? They are not a sports team. This is about peoples lives, and believing they should be free to live them.

Fit in? Normalcy? Desiring people live a certain way that isn't genuine to who they actually are is no different than wishing for a dystopian society.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

gardener
Do women tend to grow longer eyelashes than men? Just wondering

The opposite. Me and my siblings got my father's thicker eyelashes, but as I'm the only girl with them, they've always been 1/2 the size of both the boy's eyelashes--and my lashes are thick enough to not need any mascara. Added to that, your eyelashes droop with age. That's why they have those stupid eyelash curling irons.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

gardener
Could it be lower testosterone? I mean thats one of the major theories what causes atypical brain development while in the womb, no?

Perhaps jaw/chin, forehead brow ridge and nose bridge tend to be small in folks with lower testosterone from sometime beginning at conception and by adolescence and perhaps those are cues of a less masculinized brain?

I think this has a lot to do with it, honestly. I also think build has a lot to do with it.

I get approached often but I don't necessarily have the smaller features. I'm tall and thin and well groomed most the time. If I'm dressed like I'm going to work it happens more. If I'm wearing my sports gear or hoodies, not so much.

You should go to a gay bar. I have many gay friends and I love going to the bars with them. I enjoy the attention TBH and the free drinks are great as well.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
These days I get way more flirtations (from both sexes) when out of business attire. Skin is in?

Straights can be promiscuous and get away with it keeping a straight face. Perhaps with gays, the more promiscuity, the more the lips show it in addition to the body language/mannerisms. And todays teens, they sure don't hold back!

I wonder if the states like Idaho that are passing bills to profile and exclude gays, will eventually resort to some sort of gay detector at their entrance? (Whatta shame!)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Biigs
This is complete rubbish.

I know gay people and they are exactly the same as anyone else i know, i only find out they are gay when they tell me and im a pretty damned good judge of character.

Please dont take this wrong....

But this is the funniest thing I have read for a while.....

"i know gay people...!" hahahaha anyone that starts a sentence like that...well!!

And as for only finding out when these gay people tell you.....DOESN'T make you a good judge of character...in fact you seem to have a poor grasp of character based assessment. haha.

Thanks for the laugh though!

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

These men just find you attractive.
Do you have a glittery pompadour hairstyle? Dress fabulous? Shake your head as you talk? Overly animated?

I don't see how that study worked without hair. It's the number one give away to me. If you're a girl with a bright purple crew cut, I will assume you're gay. If you're a long haired girl with the short haired girl, I will assume you're gay and that's your girlfriend.
edit on 30-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by projectbane

Well you obviously are a bit off since im gay myself.

Still funny?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Biigs

Still funny?

lol

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
while i get what Biigs is saying, i think we should clarify that sexuality has nothing to do with character. The only time character can be determined in your crotch is if you use it as leverage. Regardless of which fitting is being plugged in where.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Biigs

Still funny?

Yeah its still hilarious, when people are caught out they try to back peddle......NOW you're gay....but you didn't lead with that..you said "I know gay people" so I still call BS.

Either way, you sill can't tell when one of your friends is gay.....you are either the crappest gay person or you are not!! one or the other

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

There is never character in the crotch.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I dont know what to say.

Im gay and i have have gay friends and until they told me i didnt know, this whole thread is bull# no one can tell a persons sexual orientation from a look.

EDIT: i also dont tell everybody im gay because its none of their damned busniess

edit on 30-1-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Jaysus Christ-mas!
What is up with all the "Gay" threads.

Thou dost protest too much.

I think there might be something to that. Hmmm....

A lot of people seem so darned 'curious.'

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

Lies!! I even have a name for mine.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I feel for you in your OP. Years ago you would have been able to quite easily distinguish a gay man from a straight man most of the time, but here in the UK it's got very metrosexual and not such a easy thing to to anymore. Men in general seem to be paying a lot more attention to their appearance now than decades ago.

I suppose this could be down to the likes of David Beckham and reality TV shows. Here in the UK we have a show called "The Only Way is Essex" and I can guarantee that whatever male hairstyle is in the show is normally fashion with most guys within a few weeks. The BIG quiff is back in fashion now??

Perhaps you could wear a wedding ring and that may let others your not available.

edit on 31.1.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
In conclusion, doesn't this mean that the study reveals there is thus a 'straight' face?

Talk about a keeping a straight face! =D

Seriously though, their finding is totally consistent with the fact that all persons start out life as females, and if there is enough testosterone and sensitivity to it (and other prenatal androgens key to sex development in the womb) and that a masculinized face is distinguishable some 80% of the time from females and gays. (Thats not to say that gays aren't masculinized, but the majority show signs of reduced male masculinization which understandably, did not turn the brain completely male to the point that they are sexually attracted to the opposite sex).

Then there's intersexuals, but that only happens in what, 1 in 300 births?

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

freakjive

Stormdancer777

Lies!! I even have a name for mine.

OH, lol

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join