It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do creatures such as gnomes and elves really exist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Anecdotes don't satisfy me. Pictures or the don't exist. Simple as that.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by lola322

i have seen orbs before, and other things in the woods that i can't explain. you r not the only one

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i know those creatures to exist.. elves trolls giants dwarves, there all ut there

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Back in the Autumn of 2004 I was on holiday with my sister and her husband on the Isle Of Mann. Not far out of Douglas there is a curious place known as Fairy Bridge where local children write messages to the fairy people and hang them in the branches of a over hanging tree. While I was there taking a few pictures an elderly woman wandered up and sat on the low wall and asked me if I was leaving the little people a message at which I laughed and asked whether she believed in the fairies... She said that it wasn't about belief they were there in the long grass pure and simple, and what's more, they were watching us. She said she had seen them several times. Just as she said that the grass down on the small river bank moved as something wandered through there away from the water side. "A rabbit!?" I asked... She just laughed and wandered off back down the main road. I swear as I watched her walk away I heard a stiffled laugh or giggle come from the long twelve inch high reeds and grass that grew along the side of the tiny river...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hi I'm new to the forum, but love everything on this site!

I had a weird experience when I was about 14. Me and my sister went to stay with my Aunty in Hove, near Brighton (UK). We were driving back along a lane on the way home late in the evening and a little person/thing ran across the front of the car and just stood there trying to shield it's eyes against the light form the car. I'm not sure if we hit it as we didn't hear a noise. It was about 4 inchs tal and I swear to God looked like a gnome! It even had little clothes on...

Me and my sister don't ever talk about it, It really scared me for a while...

I think this is probably the first time I've evr talked about it ever.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Well, I, for one have seen an "elf" "gnome" or "little person" or whatever you want to call it in person. I was with 2 other people who also saw it, so I know I wasn't just "seeing things"...we were on a walk around 7pm on a dirt road that cut through a wooded area in cape cod. We heard something shuffling in the woods, a definite bipedal humanoid looking "little person", at the most 3 feet tall, about 5 feet back from the dirt road, and then saw the creature run away. We freaked out and ran. The next day however we went back to the spot and found a small "mound" a weird looking goblet that was totally out of place in the woods and a cane. We took a picture of the mound, goblet and cane, but unfortunately I don't have copies of the photos, my friend held on to them, so I would have to ask if she still has them. Just very strange the whole thing. To this day I don't know what to think and neither do my friends.
edit on 4-4-2011 by meeneecat because: grammar

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sweet_182_4_life

Elves and Gnomes? I have heard all kinds of stories and know of people who are convinced that they do exist. I have also seen pictures of them on the internet of people "claiming" they are real.

But if they are or not, I would need very convincing proof of their existence, or by any luck stumble across one before I would believe they actually exist.

But aye, you never now. Life is full of surprises

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I've wondered myself, whereas I've never encountered one; I find the "little people" span cultures and stories throughout the world. I've also talked to people who have claimed to see them. Bones in areas of the world have been found of little humans and ones of humans said to be related to us...

The remains are between 900 and 2,900 years old and align with Homo sapiens, according to a paper on the discovery. However, the older bones are tiny and exhibit several traits considered primitive, or archaic, for the human lineage.

"They weren't very typical, very small in fact,"

Source: nationalgeographic

It seems behind most myths and legends, something really does exist, sometimes beyond just a mistaken identity.

More recently on the News of Elf-like beings; On an episode of Destination Truth, searching for Gnomes in Iceland, the search only yiled an EVP of "weeeee!"... cameras were mysterious disconnected too. Too bad there's not more evidence such as tiny bones from a dig or more conclusive proof :p

edit on 5-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: Link fixed.

edit on 5-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'd guess they're plausible, I mean...
Humans arn't enitrely sure they've discovered everything yet...

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The little creature that was found and shown in the documentary Sirius, maby its not an alien but a gnome. Or what we used to call it in Sweden back in the days, a Tomte. They were depicted as small Santa Claus. And the legends is said that they bring you allot of trouble if you didnt put out milk and food for them.
They had those pointy hats, maby becaus of their skullshape, like the little creature they found.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
As I understand it there are such a folk as Memegishewok, pan dimensional beings that are excellent stone workers.
They are shaggy and have big noses
I have been told that there are known to the elders of tribes right across Canada with only minor phonetic variations
If they like a person they will keep that persons traps full

However, they while they seem to tolerate most indiginous folks, they are said to be not so keen about "whitey"

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
reply to post by lola322

I have seen orbs before, and other things in the woods that I can't explain. you r not the only one

Ditto on the orbs and strange things in the woods
The local ojibwa say that bears travel as orbs

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Throwback
Anecdotes don't satisfy me. Pictures or the don't exist. Simple as that.

at this point you are anecdotal (no AV )
no offence
just sayin

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My thoughts are, no. I base this on that fact that I've seen no evidence that's convincing except for some mythological references. There is much more circumstantial evidence for say ET visitation of earth. One thought and a few articles that I've read head this way, is that Tolkien had found some ancient documents in a secret library that confirmed that we did indeed have a middle earth time in our past that had dwarves and elves and orcs and such, and that there were ancient wars and cataclysms and they all basically died out, but there again there is no proof and no other documents have surfaced.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

edit on 4-5-2013 by Hachi85 because: wrong place

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I rememebr hearing somewhere that the government of iceland has diverted road construction to avoid distirbing elves.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I've always been interested in beings from folklore and have often wondered about the origins of these stories.

In terms of Elves could they be ancestral memories of some kind of Aryan race which dwelt separately from other human communities and tried to retain its genetic identity?

As for Gnomes it would be interesting if as Lovecraft put it 'a squat mongoloid race' did once inhabit Europe but where banished to remote places after the oncoming of humans.

One thing I do notice in folklore and myths is that the smaller beings go into hiding at the oncoming of the larger flourishing human populations. Once such as example would be the myths of the Irish 'Tuatha De Danann' who retreated to the hollow hills and mounds and became in the Sidhe' faery people of Irish folklore.

edit on 13-5-2013 by fadedface because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The belief in gnomes and many other creatures still exist among some people in the Nordic countries but especially in Iceland.

Gnomes were often kind creatures that took care of animals at farms and went about their own business, with no interest in talking to or meeting people. Barely 1m in hight, always dressed in old fashioned clothings and a particular hat. Gnomes were often friendly but you should really think twice before you made them angry or annoyed them in even the smallest way. In best cases when they were angry they could "untidy" your house and make a mess of things, and in worse cases make both you and your animals sick. Gnomes were never seen in cities or larger towns and as those grew and spread, the gnomes slowly took a step back. If you ever saw a gnome walking ahead of you on a lonely road it is often said that no matter how fast you walked, you never got close to them. And suddenly the gnome just vanished in front of you.

According to some people with psychic abilities that still believe in these creatures they are inter-dimensional creatures that live in another plane of existence (or dimension) but with the ability to step through to our plane.

It is fun to read about though.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sweet_182_4_life

I married and divorced an orc hope that helps...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join