It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stymied Obama aims to bypass Congress

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I saw it on CNN briefly tonight and they had a banner across the screen saying 'will bypass congress to get things done' or whatever words to that effect (that's a very close quote IIRC).

And I stood there just astonished. I mean literally mouth agape, because it's like they are taunting us to see if we will tolerate this. And they just smirk knowing that we are powerless since drone strikes are now legal (according to them) within the US on American citizens.....

THIS... THIS RIGHT HERE... IS HOW NEARLY EVERY TOTALITARIAN REGIME ASSUMED POWER IN THE LAST 200 YEARS!!

Know your history folks, both Stalin and Hitler circumvented the laws of their land in order to seize their power. The scary thing is they didn't get on TV and announce it beforehand. HOW SCARY IS THAT??? People in the 1920's and 1930's were so much more politically aware, and better educated about how things REALLY WORK that they wouldn't allow it to happen had it been announced.

This administration though?? They want to play with us.... and mock our lazy indifference.

Who needs Vodka?? iPhones and Justin Bieber are the new opium of the masses....

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 8675309jenny

The thing is that is not us the one that have to tolerate this, see, congress is elected by us the people, when we don't like what the president is doing that is when the people have mid term elections to increase the majority in the senate or house to control what the president is doing.

So congress and the courts have the power to control a run away president, he can try to by pass congress but is congress the one that will allow to be bypassed.

Thank the checks and balances for that.

So let see what an elected by the people majority in congress of the opposing party is going to do about Obama dictatorial pushing powers.

May be he have enough leverage with the NSA spying to black mail congress and the courts. You never know.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Just a rant on how F'ed up our government is, both parties and all branches and all agencies.
Now we hear them using the excuse that they " can't let the American people down again" when they pass massively overblown budgets and drive the country deeper in to debt and closer to a fiscal blackhole. So they screw us reluctantly but do it because we want them to.
And there's the commander in dolt who keeps trying to push executive orders on the people who don't want them and then uses the excuse that he has to because congress is keeping him stymied. And he lies through his teeth about the NSA not spying on citizens even while he promises to make sure the American people are protected from possible abuses.
Since both parties are controlled by the same people, we have no chance of either one serving the people who they are supposed to... the people. And elections are now a joke. If illegals aren't paid off to water down the results they'll just rig the candidates to have the right one win or just change the election results by computer.
I only hope that the manipulators get exposed and we the people fall on them like an angry mob with pitchforks and torches. But with the campaign to dumb down the people now under way( by media, meds and drugs) that will be harder than it should be.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutchowl

Raw but beautifully put, I applaud your post.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

deadcalm

So basically what I'm getting out of this...is that Obama doesn't want to obey the laws anymore... He wants to just step over and do what he seems fit.
reply to post by natalia

Where have you been for the last 5 years? This began right from day 1 of Obama's presidency. You haven't been paying attention if this is just starting to concern you now. For example....Obama has already ordered the extra judicial execution of 4 American citizens, without the right of due process guaranteed ALL Americans. He can kill you if he so chooses.

I guess better late than never.

The past five years I've been trying to heal from a traumatic brain injury... I stated in a few posts up from this reply that I posted that comment in a rage and that I'm not in the know and I don't normally post in this section because I truly can't remember things nor do I know enough... So your sarcasm or meanness was truly not needed..

I wonder why we all can't have a civil conversation without being mean or sarcastic...
edit on 29-1-2014 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

xuenchen

United States Presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of the executive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law[1] when they take authority from a power granted directly to the Executive by the Constitution, or are made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress which explicitly delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation). Like statutes or regulations promulgated by government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review, and may be struck down if deemed by the courts to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution.

E.O.'s

He has been using his Cabinet Agencies to *Propel* agendas.

EPA, IRS, etc. etc.

The problem with "challenge" is the damage is done before the judgement.

THAT is the dangerous part.

Yes, he is going to use the unelected but 4th branch of government.....the bureau-rat-s.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Hi, Natalia, sorry to hear about your health, I am glad that you are better now and able to be back with us, don't mind some of the people, just keep reading and sharing your views on this days situation.

Welcome back.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join