It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stymied Obama aims to bypass Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

neo96
Nope I think it has been repeated PROVEN beyond a reasonable doubt he thinks the constitution is just a GD piece of paper.

He don't need no stinkin constitution.

Unlike any other president in modern history right....Lincoln on up....but hey, exclude Republican ones for Neo's sake.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

As above poster has pointed out....really? And the past 100 years haven't exhibited such behavior and the People have willfully accepted?

Well considering the people don't get to vote on the issues, our reps do that for us as our voice. The idea that we have any power has been removed from most peoples minds.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

neo96
Nope I think it has been repeated PROVEN beyond a reasonable doubt he thinks the constitution is just a GD piece of paper.

He don't need no stinkin constitution.

Unlike any other president in modern history right....Lincoln on up....but hey, exclude Republican ones for Neo's sake.

Name one other president in US History who forced Americans to buy a corporate product.

Go on.

And unlike the Era of Lincoln, and Roosevelt the power of government of then is nothing like it is today.

edit on 26-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The people whose rights are protected by the constitution are being eroded by the representatives who are their to protect them in the first place.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Start watching from 1:07
a precursor to the SOTU address....

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

neo96

Name one other president in US History who forced Americans to buy a corporate product.

That part about obama sickens me the most. But again our representatives who speak for us have given the green light.

America is literally spiraling out of control.

link   
The president has executive actions and executive orders, those are powers that he can use to bypass congress, and I'm sure he has a team of advisers advising him on just that.

This is a do nothing congress, and someone needs to get the ball rolling.

I support him

link   

shaneslaughta

ownbestenemy

As above poster has pointed out....really? And the past 100 years haven't exhibited such behavior and the People have willfully accepted?

Well considering the people don't get to vote on the issues, our reps do that for us as our voice. The idea that we have any power has been removed from most peoples minds.

I am not sure what you are talking about but ever since the 17th Amendment, the power has been removed from the States and placed into the hands of the People. Now I understand that legislation is voted and approved by representation, may it be Senatorial or Representative, but those are chosen directly by you and I -- freely...

So yes the power has been removed and even if the House of Representatives is tainted, we have abdicated the responsibility to ensure solid checks and balances in the Senate by allowing direct voting of our Senators. Given that, it matters now what the Senate or the House votes on; it will be to the State's benefit and not the States' as a whole (if you don't understand the distinction, sorry).

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

muse7
The president has executive actions and executive orders, those are powers that he can use to bypass congress, and I'm sure he has a team of advisers advising him on just that.

I support him

Those powers are limited though...do you know that much?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

muse7

I support him

ETA:
Did you support President Bush when he invoked Executive Orders? How about Clinton? Nixon? Etc...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

muse7

I support him

Yup, the president can only do so much.

I wish him luck

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

muse7

I support him

Nice way to stir the pot...even if it's BS.

Peace

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

edit on 26-1-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

ownbestenemy

ownbestenemy

muse7

I support him

ETA:
Did you support President Bush when he invoked Executive Orders? How about Clinton? Nixon? Etc...

It would depend on the context on which they used them for.

With today's Republicans hell bent on not compromising with the President to get things done, then someone needs to get the job done.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

muse7

ownbestenemy

ownbestenemy

muse7

I support him

ETA:

With today's Republicans hell bent on not compromising with the President to get things done, then someone needs to get the job done.

Congress is a system of checks and balances.

They are not suppose to get on their knees for the wants of the executive.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Ahhhh, it would be the elected official at fault if he fails to represent the people.

link   

muse7

So if it is in favor of what you believe to be "right", you support such measures, but if it is contrary to what you believe, it is "wrong"? Am I getting this right?

link   
Apparently "triple" post....sorry
edit on 26-1-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

link   
Double Post
edit on 26-1-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

impeachment proceedings will do nothing unless the republicans take the senate as well as the house in the coming election

on topic he is eroding checks and balances daily and we have 3 more years of this idiot

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join