It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice for dealing with ghost (maybe demon) activity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I am a student at Central Michigan University and my roommates and I live about 15-20 minutes away from the remains of an abandoned criminally insane mental hospital that is famously known as being a bad place to be a patient back in the day called the "Mt. Pleasant Center". I am a little fuzzy on the history, but apparently it was also a boarding school for native American children back in the 1800s and approximately 700 children died there from extremely poor treatment.

Now, our townhome is relatively new (I would guess 20 years old) so it isn't an old place which could be easily haunted BUT my roommates and I have all heard what sounds like footsteps running up the stairs at night, some of us have seen shadows walk by, televisions have turned on by themselves, and waking up in the middle of the night to a banging sound on our walls multiple times. None of this has been tooo serious until a few days ago. A few days ago, objects in my bedroom were moved on two separate occasions while myself and my roommates were away at class. The first time the objects were moved (knocked over, set on their sides, turned in the opposite direction) I put them back the way they should be. When I returned from class they were in the exact same position I found them the first time, except this time my crucifix necklace which lies on my workbench had also been moved across the table in an upside down position.

After seeing this I took my .99c iphone EVP app (I recently purchased this as a joke not really thinking it would work) and set it in my room while I left for about 8minutes. When I came back I sat down and listened to the recording and what I heard really frightened me...The first 3mins you hear nothing, but at about 4mins you hear something shuffling around and then what sounds like a pencil tapping followed by a deep breathe right into the microphone, which is then followed by 3 more breathes each of which progressively got louder.

I live with one of my best friends from my childhood and he knows that I have had a few encounters with "strange" things such as seeing the ghost of my grandfather, having hypnagogic dreams, etc. and he 100% thinks whatever is in our house is because of me, since he has no experience with this type of thing, and quiet frankly he's very upset along with my other roommates. It's safe to say that I am getting pretty concerned.

I know that my roommates aren't pulling a prank on me because first, they are terrified of this sort of thing. second, nobody was home when these objects were moved. third, they all believed I was pranking them trying to scare them since I know how scared they are of paranormal stuff. and fourth, they realized I was serious when they saw me sleeping on my roommates floor because I didn't want to sleep in my room alone (I am a pretty big guy, played football throughout high school and for the most part I am spiritually content and I usually don't have anything to be scared of, but this was nerve-wracking so I apologize for sounding like a panzy...) and now my roommates are freaked out.

Part of me feels like I screwed up by getting that iphone EVP app a few days ago because we haven't had anything serious happen until yesterday when my crucifix and other objects moved like I mentioned. Can EVP's be similar to Ouija boards? I've never messed with a Ouija Board because I've heard scary stories and I'm not trying to go there...But can an EVP do the same thing as a Ouija Board in the sense of bringing in an unwanted spirit?

I apologize for this long rant, I am just a little concerned and have never dealt with anything to this measure before. I am thinking that Maybe its a spirit from this old hospital/boarding school that has roamed it's way to my townhome? I just don't know...If anyone in the Mt. Pleasant area has experienced similar things OR if anyone can give me advice on what measures I should take to rid my house of this, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Honestabe28

Do not show fear. Try to communicate with it. Be friendly and understanding. Show compassion. If the spirit is trapped it is because it doesn't see the light and needs to feel love.

Soul

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

They are everywhere, not just in your house; and it is only because you know the history of the area, and you have started dwelling on it, that has made it become so "active", so to speak.

Just pray to God, and then ignore them.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I appreciate the advice,

I definitely did my fair share of praying to God and even pulled out a picture of Jesus I keep in a small box in my closet for support. As for showing it love and being kind, I probably could be a little less aggressive. Instead of showing fear last night I decided to get mad and forcibly make it leave telling it that it isn't welcome here.

I guess time will tell if what I've done worked or not

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
An EVP deice or app can open more activity unfortunately. I suggest a cleansing, research as the net offers many sources, depending on your beliefs and can be done by yourself or with help from others; sage burning, salt water, prayers, crystals, candles, cleanliness/less clutter, etc.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Trying to boss them around might not be the greatest idea unless you have faith like that of Jesus or Solomon. Might be better to just let Jesus or Yahweh handle it?

Are you catholic by chance? Seems like they love messing with them.
edit on 1/26/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I sure am. I grew up in a catholic family, attended church every sunday my entire life until I came to college and began waking up too hungover Sunday mornings to find the nearest church...Haven't been to church in awhile actually. Not proud of it, but that's how it is. I still pray every night before I go to bed and apologize for my sins regularly and put my faith into God.

So Maybe that is why it's messing with me. I wasn't too worried about the things being moved in my bedroom until I saw the crucifix upside down. That bothered me but I don't want to show any fear to whatever moved it.

It is an uncomfortable feeling knowing something can see you but you can't see it and you aren't sure what it plans on doing. I gotta say, ATS gives me comfort knowing people have been through things like this and there are people to listen.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Hogwash. They do not care about your religion. Trapped spirits are in a different dimension, but not able to complete the transition and it has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

soulpowertothendegree

Do not show fear. Try to communicate with it. Be friendly and understanding. Show compassion. If the spirit is trapped it is because it doesn't see the light and needs to feel love.

Soul

Yes, and the poor thing probably misses being in a human body, too! Maybe you should invite it to stay in yours for a bit, it might make it happy!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This isn't probably the right area to ask, but I'm new here and I need help on where to write a new post?

Thank You

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Not trying to belittle the severity of the situation or anything like that. Could you possibly set up a webcam or some kind of recording device? Nanny cam or something? Even if it's poor quality it should be enough to see how or what made your objects move. This would be my first thought/step.

Could be a jinn or something just trying to play tricks on you. Here is the best part of this idea, if nothing moves ever again, you are safe! Very creepy story. i'm not religious so i dunno about the whole "power of christ compels you" If i tried saying that to a ghost he would most likely laugh or throw something at me.

Lemme know what you do though. If it's getting more frequent i'd record and stream it to my laptop while spending the weekend with a friend.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

anoint your door seals with olive oil, pray to bless it and command the spirits to leave in the name of Jesus.

they know exactly who he is, and want to flee and will flee at being commanded.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

At least I made a sincere effort to help, you on the other hand the name says it all....go stick your head in the sand.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

soulpowertothendegree
reply to post by trollz

At least I made a sincere effort to help, you on the other hand the name says it all....go stick your head in the sand.

It was obvious sarcasm to express my opinion that such things can be dangerous to interact with, no different than you expressing yours.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I appreciate the advice you've all given me. I understand the severity of this situation isn't as severe as some of the things we've read or heard about happening to others, but when it's you it's a little different so I apologize for seeming nervous when I probably don't need to be.

As for setting up a video camera, I am probably going to wait to see if anything happens again before I set one up. And if it does happen again, since I am religious, I might follow your advice xstealth and seal my door with olive oil and pull out Jesus's name.

But i'll be sure to let you guys know if things start to get out of hand. It has been 3 days since the items were moved and nothing suspicious has happened since. The way I see it, there are two possibilities...1. things have settled down and it's all good OR 2. it's going to be like the movies where after a few days of nothing happening, things start flying at my face....Only time will tell.

Thanks again for the advice, I'm relatively new to the ATS community and already feel like part of it.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You have had a number of suggestions. I would only like to emphasize the absolute importance of working on your fear. There are many, many ways to deal with what you describe. Your emotional energy component is critical. Choose to move forward in the way that best gives you confidence and emotional strength.

Also, don't lose your ability to analyze situations with a clear, logical mind. When you encounter something you believe may be 'paranormal', be willing and able to truly consider logical explanations. Each time.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Very good advice.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

It is perfectly normal for other people to blame you for being receptive to spirit activity. If the spirit is displaying behavior that frightens you, just go to the basement of your house and speak to the spirit out loud. You can say something like, "In the name of the spirit of Jesus Christ I order you to leave this house." Or, you can simply explain to the spirit that it is time for it to move on to the light of love. Grant it peace and tell them they can reunite with their loved ones on the other side.
I tend to blame fairy creatures for taking objects then returning 'em.

If you are trying to get rid of the ghost just to please your friends..then don't bother to chase the ghost(s) away. Ask your friends face to face if they seriously staged any of the rearrangement of items that you label "ghost activity". Ghosts can be protector spirits too. Our fears can result in negative energy so imagine a white light surrounding you-let it clear your negative thoughts.

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I have experienced similar in more than one property I have lived in. The first time, I had the property blessed by a priest, that helped although it didn't totally stop.

Years later when I came across similar again, I practiced relaxation, starting at my toes, etc etc. Then imagined the white light flowing through me, until I was full of it. I then expanded my body full of light until it filled the house totally, every nock and cranny. After this I placed "imaginary" lions outside the front and back door to stand guard and protect us.

This helped calm things down, that was 97. In 2003 I twice saw the spirit of someone unwelcome (I knew them) outside my front door. I have wondered if my protection stopped the spirit entering my property. I moved away a little while later so don't know if it worked long term, but it really helped me. Things got to a point that I could hear my bedroom door being kicked, while watching it vibrate in time with the kicks. I am 100% sure it was not possible for a person to be doing it. Jump on this now, just incase

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If there is any chance whatsoever that you feel there are demons there, don't waste time on anything, just get PROFESSIONALS to come and fix it, don't try anything else.. If it is those things, the only solution is to get professional help..

A demonologist or such.. That is the only way to go..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join