It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Omen of things to come soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To me, there's no such thing as coincidence. Things happen for a reason, they're are signs dangled right in front for all to see. Yes, I know this is part of nature and animals were acting according to natural instincts, yet the timing and theme were all to blatant of an attempt to telegraph to us what's to come: Peace (or lack thereof) is going to be turned on it's head.

"Birds of pray: Doves released in the Vatican as a gesture of peace are immediately ATTACKED by vicious seagull and crow"

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Ok

Uhhmmm...

Confession:

That made me giggle.

Outside of a possible Monte Python/Mel Brooks/Gary Larson punchline type setup that was kinda 'Ominous' timing. Either that or it was simply the Vatican feeding time for the homeless seagulls/crows.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
That has some really great photography but the Vatican's been training it's crows to attack for generations. Nevermore!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's not the first time

Pope’s Dove of Peace Attacked by Seagull of Irony

Jan. 29, 2013

Accompanied by two children, Pope Benedict XVI stood before the crowds and released the first dove into St. Peter’s Square. Slightly disoriented, the bird eventually succeeded in flying up to a ledge above the Pontiff’s window. The second bird was not so lucky. Soon after it had landed on a ledge below the window, it was attacked by a seagull who happened to be taking an afternoon flight through the famous plaza. Fortunately the dove, maybe owing to some sort of divine intervention, was able to fight off the much larger seagull and fly away. Perhaps it could be time for the Vatican to reconsider the release of these birds given last year’s incident, when both doves turned and flew straight back in through the window. “They want to stay in the Pope’s home,” Pope Benedict said at the time, according to the Daily Mail. Read more: Pope Benedict's Dove of Peace Attacked by Vicious Seagull | TIME.com newsfeed.time.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't know if it's an omen as this has happened before:

www.npr.org...

edit on 26-1-2014 by Rochester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Rochester

www.npr.org...

Obviously that was the omen of the omen.

Duh!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Superstition.

It happened before. A nice change would be for the doves to attack the crows head on, for once lol...

Just superstition.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is not just superstition to religious people, especially the Pope. They would know that the dove symbolizes not only peace but the Holy Spirit itself. A raven and a seagull are also unclean birds meaning that there are dark spiritual powers preventing peace and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in our time.

Perhaps you don't believe this and think it is only superstition and nonsense. You are granted to your opinion after all. But it is a wide known fact that there hasn't been much peace lately in the world. Also the Holy Spirit, religion, and especially Christianity have been attacked by many hate groups.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by McDevitt

Hi McDevitt,

Welcome to ATS !!

As you said, the dove is a symbol. Having been raised a Roman Catholic, I understand the meaning and respect those who uphold that opinion, such as yourself. I personaly don't hold much value to it, not necessarily calling it nonsense but I really don't see this as an omen.

There's never been peace. Ever. At least, that's what the history books tell us.

As for crows and seagulls being symbols of dark spiritual powers, I would come to the same conclusion. Superstition.

Thank you for respecting my opinion as I do respect yours. I appreciate. Fair discussion.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

SonoftheSun
reply to post by McDevitt

Hi McDevitt,

Welcome to ATS !!

As you said, the dove is a symbol. Having been raised a Roman Catholic, I understand the meaning and respect those who uphold that opinion, such as yourself. I personaly don't hold much value to it, not necessarily calling it nonsense but I really don't see this as an omen.

There's never been peace. Ever. At least, that's what the history books tell us.

As for crows and seagulls being symbols of dark spiritual powers, I would come to the same conclusion. Superstition.

Thank you for respecting my opinion as I do respect yours. I appreciate. Fair discussion.

Many years ago, and I don't know where, I read that there has only been 43 years of peace throughout recorded history, says a lot for peace loving humans, of whatever race or religion.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

McDevitt
This is not just superstition to religious people, especially the Pope. They would know that the dove symbolizes not only peace but the Holy Spirit itself. A raven and a seagull are also unclean birds meaning that there are dark spiritual powers preventing peace and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in our time.

Perhaps you don't believe this and think it is only superstition and nonsense. You are granted to your opinion after all. But it is a wide known fact that there hasn't been much peace lately in the world. Also the Holy Spirit, religion, and especially Christianity have been attacked by many hate groups.

You've said it a lot better than I did when I first posted this. It all comes down to what the birds represent.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

And what the birds represent depends on your superstition.

Vicious cycle.

edit on 27-1-2014 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

daskakik

And what the birds represent depends on your superstition.

Vicious cycle.

It's not "my" superstition. The white dove is a historical symbol symbol of peace across all religions. So I don't consider it a "vicious cycle".

"The white dove bird is a symbol of peace. Judaism, Christianity and Islam religions consistently use the bird to represent peace. The reason for its use goes back to the story of Noah and the Ark. In it, Noah set the white dove free to find land after the flood, and the bird returned with an olive branch".

www.answerbag.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

You doesn't mean "you". It means whoever has these superstitions.

It is a vicious cycle because what those birds represent depends on the superstition, the superstition establishes what those birds represent, rinse and repeat.

ETA: Although you do say you believe it is a "blatant attempt to telegraph to us what's to come". What gives?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Synchronicity on a macro level?
I would say something like that is possible, as above, so below.

Who knows if this is it, and what it could represent. I wouldn't pay it any mind or try to predict anything based off of it.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Happens all the time. It's called the animal kingdom. Birds of prey eat other birds, I dont think they stop and ask them if their religious or not prior to ripping their entrails out and chowing down. They may however say Grace, prior.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Rochester

www.npr.org...

Maybe its not so much an omen as it is an indicator of reality.....in irony of course. Maybe a standing omen. Notification of a standing condition.

At an rate it means that the Vatican's special doves don't have any magical hocus pokus to fend off evil.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

openyourmind1262
Happens all the time. It's called the animal kingdom. Birds of prey eat other birds, I dont think they stop and ask them if their religious or not prior to ripping their entrails out and chowing down. They may however say Grace, prior.

I already covered the natural instinct angle in my opening post. Thanks for repeating it.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Omen or not, I pity for the dove.

Last memoirs of the dove....

I was caged for days, but they provide food and take good care of me, then one day, they bring me to this big house, one of them grab me and give me to an old man, he hold me and say something, then he threw me to the big blue, I dont really know what to do but fly, there are lots of people saying things loudly, I'm scared, terribly shaken, I dont know where to go, why are doing this to me ? As I was flyi.....(eaten by seagull)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You are so welcome, ever get that evidence that this was a more than animal kingdom event, please let us all know. Evil birds...get real.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join