It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Omen of things to come soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

openyourmind1262
reply to post by UnBreakable

You are so welcome, ever get that evidence that this was a more than animal kingdom event, please let us all know. Evil birds...get real.

Hey Skippy, I never said the birds themselves were evil. The gist was that the birds were symbols, and that the act of a Pope releasing symbols of peace which was interrupted by other birds of prey could portend the prospect of future peace.
edit on 30-1-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by McDevitt

If the pope said the dove was the Devine he would be excommunicated. That is akin to idol worship. The dove is a symbol of peace because they are docile birds. They are not even smart enough to move away from people. I can pretty much walk right up to one before it takes off. Their babies are even dumber. I can walk right up to one and pick it up. No biting or trying to get free. They are peaceful birds which is how they got to be a symbol of peace. A symbol.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

So when that same seagull picks at the entrails of the dead fish on the beach what does that portend? This is just birds being birds. Doves are docile and crows and gulls are scavengers and a bit more aggressive but they are not killers.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I don't see it the way you do OP, but when I first heard about this, the other day, and the fact that it happens a lot apparently, I had but one question.

Why the heck do they not have people chasing off these "predator" birds, before the release every year?

Heck, light off some fire crackers an hour or so before.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Have any of you ever been to Rome?? Holy hell... the seagulls. Its like a horrific scene from that horror movie " The Birds" every day. Theyre so tough, theyll strong arm rob you there!
The last time this happened and ATS started going off on prophecies, I posted some pics of Rome and the birds kicking my ass.

Yep... its an omen. An omen that they need to start eating seagulls to lower the population.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

And has nothing to do with the very real FACT that doves are a docile bird. Slow to react to anything in its environment. I have doves that return to my property every year. I know their habits on a personal level. Stupid slow birds come off as peaceful. Gulls are opportunist birds. They steal their food from each other. I live on the coast and have a lot of experience with gulls too. They are not aggressive for aggressions sake. They get aggressive when it comes to food . Or if you get too near the nests on the ground. Otherwise they are just as peaceful as any other bird. Raptors, eagles and hawks are killers in their own right. They hunt for their food and kill to eat. But they are not going after doves they go for mice and rabbits and other small animals.
Did the gulls or crows ever kill any of the doves?

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

So when that same seagull picks at the entrails of the dead fish on the beach what does that portend? This is just birds being birds. Doves are docile and crows and gulls are scavengers and a bit more aggressive but they are not killers.

Again, I will reiterate for a 3rd time. I'm not talking about types of birds such as docile vs. scavengers. This wasn't about dead fish on a beach. It was a symbolic ritual by the Pope at the Vatican where the birds release was symbolic of peace. Not a feeding frenzy which occurs thousands of times a day on beaches worldwide.

Not sure if you bothered to read my initial post, but I pointed out the natural instincts of the birds.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

UnBreakable

openyourmind1262

You are so welcome, ever get that evidence that this was a more than animal kingdom event, please let us all know. Evil birds...get real.

Hey Skippy, I never said the birds themselves were evil. The gist was that the birds were symbols, and that the act of a Pope releasing symbols of peace which was interrupted by other birds of prey could portend the prospect of future peace.

Where did you get that seagulls and crows were symbols of e i. I never heard that before. News to me. Shakes head. (Some people wow)

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Ok you tell me why you think gulls and crows are unclean birds. Oh and their all unclean . Catch one and hold it for a moment and then go wash the mites off your hands. I was trying to explain the established symbology but any argument that doesn't support your omen idea will be disregarded by you. Good luck.
Oh and fyi scavengers and docile are not types of birds they are types of behavior.
edit on AM000000280000000220652282014-02-03T10:52:43-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Ok you tell me why you think gulls and crows are unclean birds. Oh and their all unclean . Catch one and hold it for a moment and then go wash the mites off your hands. I was trying to explain the established symbology but any argument that doesn't support your omen idea will be disregarded by you. Good luck.
Oh and fyi scavengers and docile are not types of birds they are types of behavior.
edit on AM000000280000000220652282014-02-03T10:52:43-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

According to the Bible which I guess the Pope subsribes to and therefore performed the ceremony to release the doves as symbols of peace :

"Clean and Unclean Animals"

The Lord told Moses and Aaron 2 to say to the community of Israel:

13-19 Eagles, vultures, buzzards, crows, ostriches, hawks, sea gulls, owls, pelicans, storks, herons, hoopoes,[c] and bats are also disgusting, and you are forbidden to eat any of them".
www.biblegateway.com...

As for my type vs behavior miscategorization, I forgot my thesaurus. I know the difference.

And also good luck to you madam.

edit on 4-2-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

McDevitt
This is not just superstition to religious people, especially the Pope. They would know that the dove symbolizes not only peace but the Holy Spirit itself. A raven and a seagull are also unclean birds meaning that there are dark spiritual powers preventing peace and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in our time.

Perhaps you don't believe this and think it is only superstition and nonsense. You are granted to your opinion after all. But it is a wide known fact that there hasn't been much peace lately in the world. Also the Holy Spirit, religion, and especially Christianity have been attacked by many hate groups.

Going back BEFORE Christianity, The Tlingit and Haida people honored the Raven Spirit. They believed when a person died, their spirit would return as a raven.

The raven is possibly the most intelligent of all avian species, according to current scientific studies.

When did the Raven become 'unclean'? ( Nvmind; just saw above post.)

P.S. Do you eat pork?

edit on 3u1212America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

edit on 3u1212America/Chicago281 by nugget1 because: To add comment

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

What I said about unclean and clean animals relate strictly to the biblical commandments set forth by God. It is true that some cultures worshiped these "unclean" animals. There have been raven worshipers, snake worshipers, and so on. Bat, newt, and spiders were often depicted in stories about witchcraft. Also pork has been used in religious sacrifices outside Israel.

I personally don't eat pork. But the pope most certainly does (or at least permits it as pork is often eaten by Catholics during Easter). However, that does not change the commandments set forth in the bible. Even in the New Testament, unclean animals are often depicted as something forbidden.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It's because of the intent with which they were released. Somebody should explain the pope about the birds and the bees. He should look at the genitals of each animal and remember how reality is about procreation between opposite sexes.

From nature's point of view, the pigeons got kidnapped by humans who don't understand sex and after exposure became in doubt about their own sex and that is why they had to go. Really, if he wants to continue capturing and releasing animals thinking they are part of Gods plan he should really review his faith. It was just nature correcting an error, it should be fascinating to see the pope trying to subdue a lion or elephant and releasing him and see what happens. Or a killer whale or even white shark but I'm thinking he's not up for the latter.
edit on 7-2-2014 by spiritspeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I think that really is an omen for that country in which it happened. Peace and anyone bringing it there will be attacked. I believe it was deffinitly an omen and omens are true. And the attacking birds are influenced by the spirit of the land.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

UnBreakable
To me, there's no such thing as coincidence. Things happen for a reason, they're are signs dangled right in front for all to see. Yes, I know this is part of nature and animals were acting according to natural instincts, yet the timing and theme were all to blatant of an attempt to telegraph to us what's to come: Peace (or lack thereof) is going to be turned on it's head.

"Birds of pray: Doves released in the Vatican as a gesture of peace are immediately ATTACKED by vicious seagull and crow"

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Some argue that the greatest war ever, and the most subtle war, is being waged this very day. Human minds, paradigms, intolerances and tolerances, liberties...

Many things should be taken into consideration and questioned, without a doubt.

As for "Reading the future," let me say that guessing the correct time line to an exacting detail or set of details is indeed difficult, but, for some, it does come natural.

Considering the infinite possibilities, considering probabilities, some of these "prophecies" or premonitions are certainly just too much of a "coincidence" to ignore. It's obvious. Deny ignorance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join