It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-Eyed "Thing" Growls At Me ... I Growled Back??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
One of my jobs that I have while putting myself through college (21 year-old male here) is working as a cashier at Publix Supermarkets here in Florida. Usually, I work the evening shifts and end up getting off work around 11pm. Since I don't have a car (it died several months ago), I ride my bicycle to and from work. So, every night, I bike home along the sidewalk to my house from 11:00-11:30pm. It's a pretty well-lit area with plenty of street lights, so I generally feel pretty safe.

Last night I got off work at the usual time, and began my ride home. It was pretty cold out, but I had my jacket around me tightly and my helmet was doing an okay job at keeping my head warm. I took the usual path home, sticking to the sidewalks that keep me on the well-lit part of the path.

About half-way home, I saw a tall man, about 6'2", step out of the shadows behind a tree and into the sidewalk. Immediately, upon seeing him, I felt a strong sense of disgust towards him; I have no idea why, I'm generally pretty friendly towards strangers. He was wearing a black trench coat and had a long, dirty-blonde ponytail. I barely had time to react, but I tried to swerve around him. At this point, he side-stepped in front of me, putting his hands on my handle bars and forcing me to stop.

Now, since we're directly behind a streetlight (which causes the light to hit him in the face perfectly, leaving no shadows), I'm able to make out what he looks like: tall, mid-40's, dirty hair, super-red face (as if he had been badly sunburned), pitch-black eyes.

His eyes were so incredibly black. I could see a tiny bit of white rimming the side, I think. But mostly, it was the darkest black I had ever seen. I was terrified when I saw his eyes, I for some reason just hated them. With his hands on my handle bars, he leans in and growls at me. He flashed me a huge, menacing grin accompanied with a deep growl that seemed like he was trying to hurt me through sound alone.

Before I knew what I was doing, I had already instinctively reacted. I scowled at him, lifting my upper-lip in disgust and protruding my bottom lip. I then let out a low, and quiet, "growl" of my own. He immediately let go of my bike and stepped aside; not as if he was scared, but more as if he lost interest. With a kick off the ground, I went forward again and sped away. I kept looking over my shoulder to find him again, but he was totally gone from sight.

What's most alarming to me is not the fact that I saw what could possibly be a "BEK" or "Black Eyed Person" that I've read about on here, but how I reacted.
I didn't even have time to think. Everything about him I instinctively hated and was disgusted by. I had only realized I was growling and scowling after I had already peddled past him a few feet. It was as if an animalistic, primitive side to me reacted before I could consciously comprehend what was happening or what I was seeing. In some way, I hated him the second I saw him, like I knew who and what he was.

What happened? Who was that, and why did I react that way? Does anyone have a similar experience? I didn't see him tonight, although I did get off a couple hours earlier than usual.

What was that?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

You're the man/woman. Could have been a Black eyed person, a person on drugs, or just a lunatic. In any event you made that person think you were crazier than them and it worked. I'm sure with BEK it may be like with bears or other wild animals because they act more instinctually. You can scare away many things bigger and stronger than you by putting on the perception that you are bigger and stronger than it. Well played.
edit on 25-1-2014 by ExNihiloRed because: typo

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Good show and awesome tactic.
Perhaps if the growl just came out, it was instinct, something long forgotten from our primitive aspects, maybe you ran into a being from the dark, one that we warred with during our caveman hey days....
Or it was a random fluke.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
That is a very bizarre encounter, mostly because of the sense of disgust and the provocative way this person responded to you.

I have a hunch that this person may have been possessed because of it's systematic use of gestures that were intended to generate fear, but then, I almost drove my car into someone when I was exiting an alley once, he responded the same way

The part where he pops out of the bushes into your oncoming path would be consistent with messed up people, possession, escaped axe murdering psychopaths, etc.

On your way home next time, stop and check where this guy popped out from to see if he had to be simply hiding there, or if he might have just been getting from one path to another..
If there is no access to anywhere else except your path, then he is definitely messed up and dangerous.

The eyes being black like described have been reported numerous times in possession cases.

I hope you don't see that bugger again.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I'm able to make out what he looks like: tall, mid-40's, dirty hair, super-red face (as if he had been badly sunburned), pitch-black eyes.

Super-red face people are usually bad alcoholics. I wonder if this guy was a homeless alcoholic, considering he had dirty hair and could have been hallucinating from drugs and alcohol?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yep maybe he was so #ed up he could only growl......was asking where the nearest halfway house or soup kitchen was...but could not elucidate.........
I just hope he understood your reply.............

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Heh I remember me and my mates used to walk out around at night time a lot. I lived in an area full of total psycho's and the best way to beat them was to be way crazier then them. Most of them were usually drunk or doing '___' so the usual options were avoid them, act as crazy as them so they wouldn't get suspicious and the final option was run. We preferred the avoid option.

Anyway about these black eyed people everyone keep's mentioning I'm thinking it's people wearing contact's and acting creepy. If not then there seem to be more reports about these by the day which means something's probably going on.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ExNihiloRed

Thanks, I've thought of that too; I assumed that my acting just as scary as him may have made him decide to find another.

reply to post by Arnie123

I've thought about that too ... what if it was a common occurrence thousands of years ago? Sort of like we shouldn't be afraid of walking into our dark bedrooms when we KNOW there is nothing there, or swimming in the deep-end of a pool at night ... all things that we instinctively are afraid of, perhaps because at one time we SHOULD have been afraid of similar circumstances. Good thought!

reply to post by alienreality

I know the spot well where he popped out from, it's actually in front of a police station! The inside of the station closes each night around 9:30-10:00PM, with officers only using the back entrance. The tree he was behind is in front of the dark, closed down police station, which just made it all the more strange.

I've considered possession too. Something about him just seemed demonic, and I for some reason hated it immediately.

reply to post by WeRpeons

That's a good clue! Perhaps he WAS just an alcoholic. That'd be a lot more of a comfortable thought.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Good story, I ride a lot and come across dogs quite frequently. I developed a similar technique where I stop lock eyes, show my teeth a little and let out a soft rolling guttural growl, they stop dead in there tracks and usually run off back to their home. I used to just ride past until I'm far out of their home range, but sometimes they'd followed for as much as a mile. I would feel bad if one of them got hit chasing me into traffic or while running back home down the road. I had a doberman nip at me once I just instinctively locked up my brakes skidding to a stop which startled it, I locked eyes and growled he took off and since then I use the stare and growl technique when ever I come across the sort of dog that will give chase.
I think you just tapped into that animal instinct that we all have and rarely use. I haven't ever come across any black eyed people before but have read about them here. I know they sell black contact lenses did they look at all like the ones on the link below?
fxcontactlenses.org...

I think your gut feeling might mean there's more to it than a pair of contact lenses. On another note I used to know a girl that wore a pair that made her pupils look like a light blue star, it was hard to look away once you made eye contact though. She would wear them to freak people out until she wrecked her car while wearing them.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Florida, eh?
No one does any kind of drugs there, right?
I think even the gators and pythons cook meth and sell "bath salts" to gas stations. I'd be more afraid of that than any kind of BEK. They are too busy following people home from Wal-Mart. Publix typically has a No Freakazoid policy. At least the Georgia ones I went to did. I may have even been kicked out once or twice.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

edit on 25-1-2014 by the owlbear because: I like turtles

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Maybe that was it, it was a pretty cold night. He was pretty darn far from the nearest homeless shelter, though.

reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

Yeah, I think "avoid" or "act crazier" are going to be my two default reactions from now on, it should work well in theory.
Also, I hope the reports ARE just due to the contacts being sold, and not due to an increase in these "things"...

reply to post by MonkeyMentat

The only difference between what I saw and those contacts is that what I saw had NO reflection, when there should have been one due to the street light.

reply to post by the owlbear

Yeah, Florida does have a lot of crazies, slime tends to slide down.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Good story SF
I've seen a black eyed and know others who have. It's interesting your instincts came into play and protected you. I've had some weirdos stop me on my path like that before too. You should see the freak show downtown Vancouver. I suppose every metropolitan city is the same.

I agree red faces are usually from drinking alcohol.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I've only had one experience with a Black Eyed Person, and I just asked the driver to stop and let me out of the car. She (the girl with black eyes) wasn't directly threatening or anything, but I was definitely uncomfortable with the unexpected encounter.

The only time I've ever been growled at was by an unusually large opossum one night walking home and I immediately reacted the same way, growling right back. The opossum looked at me for a moment as if to say "OK, you speak the language" and then turned around and went on it's business.

Maybe it was a similar type of experience with this being you encountered?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Sometimes we as people get scared.... BOTTOM LINE... It's a spiritual thing

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
OK, so here's a rather metaphysical suggestion... But given we are talking about the possibility of BEKs, it can't be any wackier than that...

Have you considered that your feelings about this individual and even your growling response were an autonomic metaphysical reflection of the person himself? In other words, your neuro, intellectual, and biological frequencies connected which allowed you to "mirror" what he was feeling and doing?

This kind of response happens quite frequently and there are many theories about how or why. Some other examples of this phenomena include women who biologically end up on the same menstrual cycle when they are in close proximity to each other. Or times when you can palpably feel another person's emotions, then you find your own emotions mimicking the other person without any logical explanation of why.

In my own theories, it all comes down to frequencies, including those currently unknown or misunderstood by science .

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Why does it only occur in america? Please send some to me i would enjoy such a meeting. Skepticism aside, i believe it was either a true paranormal encounter or as someone said, a lunatic on drugs. Some can have impressive effects on the eyes and can dilate the pupils so much you would think them black. BUT the way he reacted when he saw you didnt play his game of fear is unexpected which makes me tend towards a paranormal encounter.

I really dont get these beings tho. I know many of them feed on energy from living creatures especially emotional outbursts like fear but i really dont get them. I guess they have a vision of life of their own, incomprehensible from a human point of view. They seem to know humor (dark) as well although it "seems" unpopular for good reasons.

You had a good reaction although you potentially wasted an opportunity to communicate with an extra dimensional being. But i guess it cannot be helped. Your inconscious automatically reacted as if in auto defense mode. Wonder what would have happen if a different approach had been taken. Good story, reminds me of creepy pasta...

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
OP, your account reminded me of this:
mysteriousuniverse.org...

www.americanmonsters.com...

jackbrummet.blogspot.com...

Some think it's Indrid Cold.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

That grinning man is like what I saw once! I'll have to read more about this.
Thanks

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Not to mention there are a lot of people with mental health issues that go around un-diagnosed and/or untreated. Some people may go around fairly normal for the most part, but have episodic behavior. Could be something like schizophrenia or even some form of sensory processing disorder. (So either they're halucinating, or have an overwhelming need to seek out thrills and adrenaline. Either one isn't a right frame of mind to be in.) When people with such problems are out of the normal mental state, one of the symptoms is abnormal dilation of the pupils. At night, that might be percieved as the whole iris going black.

So it might not be a person on drugs, it could be a person that needs to be prescribed some.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join