It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Long Overdue Intro,A Rant and a Question

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So been around awhile,but never said hello....Hello.I am a disabled ex-truck driver.Got hurt working on the spaceport project outside of T or C,NM.Now I am helping my disabled wife get certified in airframe and powerplant.we moved to midland texas a couple of years ago to accomplish this.We both are on disability so we can only get one of us through school at a time,dont want it just need it for now.
I have 5th wheel travel trailer we moved in,and oh my god.The vast majority of rv parks springing up around here are HORRIBLE.The one we are stuck in has a 1000 gallon septic tank for 20 trailers.Not all of these are rv's there are six moblile homes here in the mix.A 1000 ngallon septic is woefully inadequate,and dangerous.Groundwater pollution at the top of the list,add inadequate wiring and it gets fun.The property owner says quite clearly no one will do anything to him and so far nobody has.
I am changing that...Texas electrical licensing board is after him for all the electric but the fines wont hurt him.Even after he burned up everything in my house wirin service to another trailer space,I have since replaced everything over the last year,thats all so far.
I would have thought the health department would do something,all they did was pat him on the bagk and congratulate him for making an effort...huh?
Ok so 5 months ago he added septic tank, leech and never plumbed it.thats right we have more but hey who cares.
Now these places have been in the news,and he wants to rewire the park(himself...shudder)them we have to move our trailers,fine but our pickup got totaled and insurance a joke...but the neighbor has an r model mack i can use so no biggie.....my biggest complaint is that all the folks from south of the borber living here are terrified to say anything,and I have watched some good people suffer.Last winter the electric went out when it was 19 degrees,Lots of kids around here,not good......enough of the rant part,you get the idea.
So here is the question(multiple part)who do you get on someone like this,health violatons..health department doesnt care...environmental violations..the epa doesnt care...so yes the elecric licensing people care..but only a little,who can i get to help and who is going to protect us when they do get him.There,whining done.
I am armed,I have surveillance...but why should I need to.This is the type of guy that gives mexicans a bad name,at least to me,some people hate all of them,not us.Our neigbors are great,dont want to lose any.
Ok so there it is.Sorry for bitchin' and sorry I waited so long for a HELLO...peace Ya'll

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gary714

our

Hi Gary, youve been here as long as me! That was one heck of a rant. Im not an American so i dont think i can help you, but hopefully this bump will get someone on the thread that can help you. God bless to you and your wife and take care.

ps, I never did an intro thread, im British, we're emotionally retarded, but thats just the way we like it!

edit on 24-1-2014 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Well thanks,nice to meet you and thank you for the props.. dont know about the retarded part but if its true top gear makes up for it..peace

edit on 24-1-2014 by gary714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gary714

Hi gary714!
I never wrote an introduction either, when I joined. I just jumped right in and started posting, lol. I see you've been here awhile, so seems pointless to welcome you!

As for your rant...who can you go to for help? I have no idea. Especially if you have just moved to a new location, and don't really know the people (like you would if you'd lived there all your life).
I'm sure people here can give you good suggestions...hopefully they do!

I'm on a disability too, for a back injury. When you're healthy and working, you believe there is a system of people in place to help you, if anything bad ever happens. When it DOES happen, you find out that the system is full of people who don't care...and there isn't as much help as you thought.
After a few years, I have found that if you're not rich...it's hard to know who to go to...who to trust/believe...and it really feels like nobody with any authority cares to do anything.
I hope some other members here can advise you!

jacygirl

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gary714

Trailer parks are just about as low as HOAs. I hate trailer parks and HOA's.

The only thing I could think is worse is a family of trailer park trash managing an HOA, which is what we got.

Two words…

Honda Generator

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gary714

Building inspectors. Some kind of "CERTIFICATE of OCCUPANCY" is needed for someone to be able to rent/lease these places and without it, they arent supposed to be able to until they bring all the violations up to whatever standard is necessary for you and everyone else to live there. It may be local authorities, federal inspectors...something like that.

If more than one of you are in agreement with conditions, get together and get the place inspected. 1000 gallon tank for 20 units might be ok according to requirement, but I doubt it. And im sure there are other things out of whack.

Your doing the best you can...but hey. You deserve better...or at least whats legal and liveable.

Good luck to you. MS

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Unfortunately most of my neighbors are from south of the border and are afraid to say anything.I actually forgot to add that we are in the middle of a huge oilboom here and seems inspectors either are easily bought off or overworked..probably apathetic in some cases.So many people have moved into this area and there is ahuge housing shortage.
oh and local code says 1000 gallon septic for one 3 bedroom house.
edit on 24-1-2014 by gary714 because: had to add

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Good lord Gary! Thats pretty bad!
Around here.. when all else fails folks shine a light on dirty dealings by tipping off the media. Local newspapers wield a fair amount of power by exposing things. We have a arm of our local news that specifically deals with things like this in particular and they show it on TV during the section for local investigative reports. Couldnt hurt I guess.. pretty soon youll be wading through your neighbors poop if you leave it up to the person that owns that park.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Yes I have thought of that.I have even gone as far as talking to a local television reporter.But I seriously don't want to appear on camera and show this place.I mean really,none of the local agencies back us up,so where would i be then,I would be afraid of reprisal.51 years old and a destroyed back doesn't equal scrapping with the landlord and a few of his family members.Maybe 20 years ago,but probably not.Nice idea though.Thanks for the suggestion.
edit on 25-1-2014 by gary714 because: cant type well

edit on 25-1-2014 by gary714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gary714

It's truely heartbreaking to read that you people have to live and be treated this way. Over here, even the Gypsie beggars in the streets get housing and help, eventhough they are traveling as tourists. And a few years back Labours established "the oil fund" so in effect now every Norwegian is a millionaire and Norway owns almost 2% of all the stocks in the world.

It's what they make of it I suppose. USA is a rich nation, but they don't use their money on the people, instead the rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer. A shame really. Obama's health care endeavour is a step in the right direction, I can't understand how so many people over here at ATS is against it.

Hope things work out for you guys! I really do!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Utnapisjtim

Well thank you.I am really trying to take care of all of us...My wife is half way through the certification testing process so we wont be here much longer anyway.And historically that's the way it has always been here,we are just more aware of it,America seems embarrassed by the poor,but my neighbors aren't,i really am not,just temporary fixed income.Se during this oil boom rent has skyrocketed,thats why the 5th wheel.The house we moved into originally tripled in rent..no exaggeration,its always this way when it booms...been through a couple,but what everyone forgets ,not everyone works out here.Anyway 'bout 2 months and we are outta here.She goes to work and I go to school.
I didnt realize I sounded so pathetic...I definitely am not,I am just pissed off at the flagrant disregard for life limb and the laws of this p*&#ks adopted country.I am a former marine,I served and I love what my country represents.I wont stay a minute more than necessary,sell the 5th wheel and get on with our lives....peace ya'll

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

gary714
reply to post by Advantage

Yes I have thought of that.I have even gone as far as talking to a local television reporter.But I seriously don't want to appear on camera and show this place.I mean really,none of the local agencies back us up,so where would i be then,I would be afraid of reprisal.51 years old and a destroyed back doesn't equal scrapping with the landlord and a few of his family members.Maybe 20 years ago,but probably not.Nice idea though.Thanks for the suggestion.
edit on 25-1-2014 by gary714 because: cant type well

Hey, I hear you .. Im about your age and I tell ya, some days I just wonder if its worth the fight and hassle with some things!

In this day and age.. folks being forced to live this way due to stupidity and greed. Just irks me. I really like it that you care so much for your neighbors and all. Wonderful to hear.
You never know though Gary. We have some pretty uncommon minds here. Maybe youll find a solution
Hang in there!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hey it is always always always worth the fight,besides we are out soon and back to living in a house,the cats will be much happier and so will we.I actually was hoping somebody knew a way to stick it to him good,like epa environmental violations or something.I think it would be hilarious to see a chemtrec callout for this,wishful thinking.Not hazmat,but I bet soil samples would be telling.Anyway life goes on and we are leaving...peace ya'll

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
ewww midland.

Move to West Odessa you have a bajillion cats out there.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Nah,moved the trailer over here from Goldsmith....south of midland anyway.Plus Midland college has their hangar at the big airport not the airpark next to the school,so much closer to school.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

gary714

I didnt realize I sounded so pathetic...I definitely am not,I am just pissed off at the flagrant disregard for life limb and the laws of this p*&#ks adopted country.I am a former marine,I served and I love what my country represents.I wont stay a minute more than necessary,sell the 5th wheel and get on with our lives....peace ya'll

Well, you didn't sound pathetic or any thing, quite the oposite, you impressed me and you should be proud! It's just that I think it's wrong that you, a former Marine and all, should have to live in a motor home to make the ends meet for your family, that's all.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You do what you have to do to survive and grow.Hey a couple years in a 5th wheel is nothing,I have seen far far worse.Now the other half is about to return to the workforce in a big way,couldn't be prouder of her.Post-polio,severe damage to her lower body and doesnt 'know what quit is,so how can I feel put out,got a roof food and cats.After she is certified I am going to learn something new and do the same.It's a matter of getting ahead,sitting around and drawing disability the rest of our lives just isn't an option.So not even making excuses or whining....i'm pissed and want a little judicial payback on a really deserving person.As for us,really we arent suffering,just annoyed...peace ya'll

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gary714

I admire your stubbornness and your efforts, keep up the good work
There is a proverb saying "Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees". I'm sure things will work out for you both.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Truck driver.

Toot! Toot!

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Little update,was evicted today..hilarious,going on a local news broadcast tomorrow.Going to walk around with the pretty young reporter and show everything.HA.....peace ya'll

top topics

<<   2 >>

join