It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ugh, I can't stand the workforce mentality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Yeah. Sometimes you have to choose whether you want to play the game or not.

Working for corporation was one of the worst feelings in the world for me. It really went against everything I grew up knowing to see how things actually worked and how much of a scam everything is.

Sail boat would be nice. I have a family member who lives on the water in another state and his life consists of fishing, bbqing said fish, and drinking beer with his buddies on the pier in evenings. Somehow he found a woman who was into the same thing too.

Easy living.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Sail boat would be nice. I have a family member who lives on the water in another state and his life consists of fishing, bbqing said fish, and drinking beer with his buddies on the pier in evenings. Somehow he found a woman who was into the same thing too.

Perfect!!

I'm ready for a change

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It sounds from hearing the responses in this thread and reflecting on my own career that the negative work place politics described by the OP are more or less everywhere. Isnt this therefore a reflection on Human nature?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

No. It's a reflection on systems that prevent the free market from working properly. Hard workers are punished while backstabbing parasites move up the ladder and get rewarded by theft and game playing.

Incompetence and backstabbing only works if you have laws and bureaucracies backing you up.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

There ya go!

Even if it doesn't work out at least you know you threw caution to the wind(no pun intended).

Here's a site for what to check for if you decide to buy used sailboat:

sailquest.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
It sounds from hearing the responses in this thread and reflecting on my own career that the negative work place politics described by the OP are more or less everywhere. Isnt this therefore a reflection on Human nature?

Everyone's broke. I'm living in what was just declared as the second most expensive city beside Hong Kong. Employment is bad and kids are getting worse. It could be a combination of both.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

Reading now...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
imagine being a factory worker in China, 16 hour days, you cant take job unless you sign contract you wont commit suicide while an employee.

In the world the West has become a huge consumer base for China who are essentially the workhorse who produce products for the west. So it could be worse I guess you could be a production worker in China.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I couldn't either. I take pride in being a hard worker, doing the job I am being paid for, to be responsible but most of all I care about people and they have feelings and lives just like I do. I could never throw someone else under the bus just to advance in any way. I am surrounded by young things who don't know how to work as a team, who call in sick when they feel like it, come in late, go home early, take extended lunches, do personal things while at work while it is crazy busy, who gossip and trash others without even knowing those they are talking about. I can't stand it. Since when did work become a hang out place to chat about favorite shoes and how much you hate your job? Yeah it's always been that way but usually by the water cooler. Now it's up in your face.

It's a different world of temporary jobs, part time jobs, contract jobs, shift work at all hours. It seems gone are the days of a permanent job that you'd work your way up in. Now we have slackers who just seem to sail from job to job and never get called out on their behavior. It's a scary world out there these days especially for those who have given their all to their employer only to be thrown out the door due to outsourcing and any way a company can get out of spending an extra cent on their employees - no benefits, basic holiday, no overtime pay, no stability. It's rampant. Hang in there

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by FlySolo

The sooner you throw your coworkers under bus and one up them every chance, the faster you will move up and get more raises.

I have been thrown under the bus by a co-worker. She never did take responsibility for anything she did wrong. BUT, karma is a beoch, she developed palsy, has other health and financial issues, was pushed out of the company she thought loved her and is now bitter towards them. She did reap what she sowed, and I got to see it

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Out of every job I have ever had in my life. There is always that "one". No matter how nice I try to be, or how hard I work. There has always been at the very least, 1 person in any job that has made my life a living HELL!
Pretty much have forced me out of the work place.
While they could not come out right and fire me, they could make my life such a living HELL, I would simply break down and leave.
NO job that pays 8-11$ an hour is worth that BS.
Yet in this and age.. Some of us have no choice.

So you will get a mixed bag of people telling you different things.
Such as SUCK IT UP. Or That is just the way it is. blah blah.

My truth to this is. Misery loves company. And most people who go into work are so miserable in their own personal lives, they bring that crap to work with them, and take it out on the rest of their co workers.
And when you say something.. You are made to be a "rat" or tattle tale.. And NO one likes a tattle tale right?
Total BS.. And yeah.. I feel you.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
This is the exact reason I want to become self-employed. It gets a bit annoying having to spend almost half my day surrounded by people who would rather see that I never existed. Employers like a good 'team player'. Shame that most of their employees don't give a crap about their 'team'.

Sure the money is good, but I'd like to avoid a deteriorating mental state before I reach my late 30s.
edit on 25/1/2014 by Draco211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Draco211

lol.

The infamous "team player".

What they mean is that all of the people who focus and work hard need to be okay with the ones who sit on their ass taking credit for the work they did.

Corporate bull# 101.

The conversation goes something like this:

A: "You need to be a better team player. Have more synergy"

B: "But they aren't helping m-"

A: "What did we talk about?"

B: "...."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join