It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science should search for the existence of the soul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yes ATSers you read just right.

I firmly believe it would time for the scientific community to start experimenting in the laboratories with a previous conjecture of the different myths and writings, recent and old concerning the soul. For we all are aware of ambient energy in some places, some feels good, some awful, some stressed, while others very calm and serene.

The very fact of proving this scientifically could bring us into a very different type of view concerning our very own existence, more over we could maybe find the cause of many unknown diseases, which I believe doctors a only treating the consequences of what is seen, not the causes.

Many things such as magic, ufo's, life after death, dimensions, psychic vampirism, witchcraft, sorcery and so on could potentially be debunked or proven to be true with this knowledge becoming mainstream.

My bet is some people in power knows about it but did not let it out by making us so busy in the current system here on earth, life goes so fast, I think you know what I mean.

Here it is, this was the thread I wanted to make because I believe it is time for we humans and no not you aliens (if there are any reading this thread, as you might already know the truth of the soul) to have a firm basis to be established on this very matter.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
if you offer me a 10 mill grand for soul searching ill gladly do it

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Proving the existence of something that exists based only on faith seems like a steep challenge. I believe the reason the soul has not been found yet is not from lack of trying, but from the impossibility of crossing the spiritual world with the real world. One day we will all find out if the soul exists or not. For me, im not going to waste time on such non-sense, and enjoy every day that I have left to live.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I recently wrote a paper about consciousness. It would benefit Neuroscience and artificial intelligence as well as philosophy more so than anything spiritual, and I'm hoping it gets published. From my research, what we consider as the soul is nothing special. Not even remotely metaphysical in nature and surely is not eternal. At least, that's the conclusion I got from it.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

Go to school and search for it yourself, no one is stopping anyone.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Oh Honey...so much to show you.
Science IS working on this...
they have been for a long time...
Let me get my ducks in a row and post you some knowledge.
DARPA loves a soul!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Actually science, Trans-humanists, are already in the process of such. The "Project Immortality 2045" Project 'Immortality 2045' , includes futurist and currently Google's engineer Ray Kurzweil.

Mind uploading is the concept of transference of consciousness from a human brain to an alternative medium providing the same functionality. Assuming the process to be possible and repeatable, this would provide immortality to the consciousness, as predicted by futurists such as Ray Kurzweil.[8]
- Source

Avatar C An Avatar with an artificial brain in which a human personality is transferred at the end of ones's life. The first successful attempt to transfer one's personality to an alternative carrier is estimated to happen around 2035.
- Project Avatar Wiki
And of course, only the most affluent will be welcome to that party. Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It has been in just the past few years where a scientist weighed a terminally ill patient a minute or so before death, and then weighed the body a second or two after death.

There was found a small weight decrease. He attributed it to the soul leaving the body...therefore, the discrepancy proved to him at least...the assumption that if it could be weighed...it was real.

It was said to weigh 21 grams.

*FOOTNOTE: In attempting to provide a link, I found page after page both pro and con, where this testing was done by a variety of different scientists with an equal amount of different outcomes. Some of these went back to testing in 1904.

I suggest a simple searching from any search engines on this topic of the weight of the human soul. MS

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: attempt to add link

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
^^^That and look into this as well:

noetic.org...
Hmmmm....looks benevolant...right?
Wrong...
It's Darpa's personal Dexter's Laboratory...
Halliburton,
Raytheon...they LOVE this place.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

noetic.org...
"Because limitations in our human consciousness underlie many of the problems we face as a global community, research at IONS focuses on exploring the fundamental nature of consciousness, investigating how it interacts with the physical world, and studying how consciousness can dramatically transform in beneficial ways."

"...We conduct basic science and laboratory research on mind-matter interactions, social science investigations of transformational experiences and practices and their impact on individual and collective wellness, and clinical and applied studies testing the real-world effectiveness of consciousness-based interventions. We also advance the study of consciousness by training young scientists interested in noetic topics through our internship program and facilitating strategic collaborations and invitational meetings among scientists and scholars to accelerate development of new, cross disciplinary studies of consciousness and transformation.

In addition, we synthesize bodies of knowledge, such as the science of meditation or the role of compassion in healing, disseminate these summaries, and use what we’ve learned to identify next steps. Finally, we communicate what we’ve learned in peer-reviewed scientific journals and scholarly meetings, and we translate our findings into educational products and curricula for targeted audiences and the general public."

Spooked yet? You should be.

"In Dan Brown’s new book The Lost Symbol, the fictional character Katherine Solomon mentions “universal consciousness,” which is an ongoing topic of interest at the real-life Institute of Noetic Sciences..."

Anyway...peruse the site. It's legit, backed by SERIOUS people...started by an astronaut who had an extraordinary "Coming to Jesus" while on a spacewalk (Edgar Mitchell). This place has been around since the 70's and is rumored to have picked up the MKUltra projects after 1983. There is a war on for your mind...and soul.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

One might first have to explain how something immaterial or non-physical can be observed by scientific method. If one can jump that hurdle, the sky is the limit.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Perhaps the concept of the soul is as outdated as thinking that when we die we go almost intact, with the former body on to Heaven for all eternity.

Perhaps we need to rethink that theory with the rush of news of late about the growing evidence and new theories about the collective mind and consciousness being the original force. While remnants of a living person, occasionally may be trapped in some fashion as ghosts, etc., here in the physical plane by a time/space trap, perhaps--and evidently so--that is a rare occurrence given what we don't see that many of those deceased in that fashion.

Merging back into the Oneness stage seems more appealing than thinking that grandma and grandpa are united up there in the clouds somewhere all smiles and rosy cheeked as they float around or otherwise are being just as they were when with us.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I agree Op. science should do this. The main problem as I see it is science itself. Science is taught as dogma and or becomes dogma many times when it fails to understand something it cannot measure. The assumption is incorrectly made the we already know everything about science and therefore this thing we cant measure must be bogus.

The scientific community is both close minded and ignoring the very basic tenants of science itself. It doesn't present itself as science should, it presents itself as it's own religion and or dogma. Unless this changes science will never come close to the real science needed to understand this super natural phenomena people observe all over the world.

It's so sad. Science could be our best hope but as it is so often abused and misused by the scientific community as a whole we will never have proper answers.
edit on 23-1-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The problem that I have with oneness is the idea of a hive mind matrix which I think people would loose their individuality, this, I think is something very problematic.

Do not get me wrong, but I like being an individual and would in no way, shape or form would like to be part of a hive mind which the bees are blindly controlled by a queen, no thank you, if you understand what I just meant there.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix

I agree Op. science should do this. The main problem as I see it is science itself. Science is taught as dogma and or becomes dogma many times when it fails to understand something it cannot measure. The assumption is incorrectly made the we already know everything about science and therefore this thing we cant measure must be bogus.

The scientific community is both close minded and ignoring the very basic tenants of science itself. It doesn't present itself as science should, it presents itself as it's own religion and or dogma. Unless this changes science will never come close to the real science needed to understand this super natural phenomena people observe all over the world.

It's so sad. Science could be our best hope but as it is so often abused and misused by the scientific community as a whole we will never have proper answers.
edit on 23-1-2014 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

You are so right with this comment, I do agree 110% actually and yes I do believe science should change of perspective and aboard this kind of topic, it would be very needed actually.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

What if the conclusion comes back negative, and there is no soul?

I think another problem with your hypothesis is a definition for the soul. From your introductory post it seems, to me, that you believe that all the people of the world view the soul in the same way. This is not true. From our earliest civilizations (the Mesopotamians) to our most modern faiths (Buddhism and Christianity) the concept of the soul has changed significantly. For example:

In Sumer (earliest civilization of Mesopotamia) the afterlife was called Kur, and it was a dark and dreary Underworld. The dead were kept in a place known as the House of Dust, also called the palace of Ganzir, whose overseer was the goddess Ereškigal. The dead did not have a soul in Sumerian religion or spirituality. Instead, they became ghosts, phantoms of their former selves, who wandered through a variety of hazy, smoky, dark tunnels that existed somewhere beneath the Earth. Their image remained the same, but their personality slowly faded away with time, until only the fading shell of who they were remained to haunt sacred and profane places.

The ancient Egyptians had a much lighter, more friendly view of the soul. To the ancient Egyptian priests the soul was divided into five segments: the Ib, the Ka, the Ba, the Ren, and the Sheut. The Ren was your name, given to you at birth, and believed to be a key which opened the way for your destiny. The Sheut was your shadow, believed to be an independent entity that attached to you at birth. It worked in much the same was as our modern "astral body" did. The Ka and the Ba were the closest concepts the ancient Egyptians had to a modern "soul," if any. The Ba was your spirit, believed to be capable of exiting the body at death and journeying around Egypt and the Duat (Egyptian afterlife). Meanwhile the Ka was, roughly, the "spark of life" that originally gave your body breath and mobility. Without the Ba and the Ka you would never have been capable of sustaining yourself, and, a process of unification post-death of the Ka and Ba produced an Akh, or, "ghost" of you that could bring luck or misfortune to those you had known in life. The Ib, though, is probably the closest to modern ideas of the "soul," as the Ib (the heart) was believed to be the throne of personality and consciousness. The Ib is where all of your individual characteristics, quirks, and behaviors resided. The Ib is also what was weighed against the Feather of Maāt on the Scales of Osiris to judge whether you deserved admittance to the Egyptian afterlife.

In Hinduism the "soul" is known as an Atman, and it is believed to be immortal, cycling through every rebirth with you. However, your Atman does not retain your personality, just a record of the deeds and actions you have performed in this life, and all previous lives. Similar to the weighing of the Ib in Egypt, upon death your Atman was judged by Yama. Good deeds produced positive Karma (white stones), while bad deeds produced negative Karma (black stones). The good and bad deeds of your life were then weighed against each other to determine first, whether you would be reincarnated to Earth, a Hell-realm, or a Heaven-realm; and second, in what caste or form you would return. In Buddhism the idea of the Atman is taken in another direction entirely, as the Buddha preaches its impermanence, instead of its immortality. According to the Buddha your soul is as much an illusory element as your emotions, your thoughts, and your beliefs. Adhering to the Dharma, so as to attain Nirvana, and free yourself from the Wheel of Samsara is believed to detach you from your Atman, ending the cycle of reincarnation.

Even Wicca and Neo Paganism, so heavily based on Gaelic Revivalism, the "soul" has its own nature and path. From the ancient Irish Celts, to the Anglo-Saxon heathens, and on into modern Gardnerian, Saxon, and Dianic Wicca, ideas of transubstantiation, reincarnation, and impermanence run rampant in response to the soul. Some believed that the soul was immortal, spending a lifetime as any number of creatures: human, salmon, hawk, and so on. Others' believed that the soul and the spirit were no different from one another, and that the Otherworld, called Tír na nÓg, was a distant island paradise where the dead stayed young, beautiful, and full of life forever. Others' still believed in great halls, like Valhalla and Sessrúmnir, where the dead awaited the final, cataclysmic, battle.

I haven't even touched on the Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Sufi, Sikh, Zoroastrian, Slavic, or the vague New Age concepts of the soul. Yet, already it should be abundantly clear that the "soul" is neither simple, clear, nor well-defined in the history, mythology, or spirituality of our species. Before "science" can even begin to study the authenticity of the soul, "science" must first know what kind of soul it is searching for. To do that, you have to discard 99% of the world's ideas concerning the soul, and embrace the single concept of the soul that you believe in. And that is the biggest problem. Whatever concept of the soul you believe in, millions (if not billions) believe in a different one.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The problem is that, to be proven scientifically, you would need to be able to measure it with real physical instruments and to be able to replicate the observance reliably. There are frequencies of sound and light that we can't measure yet so... it might be a while before we can even begin to "film" a soul.

A shortcut would be to biologically replicate a human being, down to the very last detail. This would not be cloning, it would have to be a complete build of a person. If that person doesn't end up breathing and thinking on its own, then we can at least know that our consciousness is not a strict result of our biology as many "anti-soul" scientists believe.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Ill hope they never do, Know why? Then they know how to entrap the soul and we will never be free after death.. Some rumors go that when you die you will have three chances to get into the light , but there's also light that's false and lead you to entrapment of some alien race .. So I say no to finding the soul and when you die look for the real god divine light, because you don't want to get hoaxed after death..
edit on 0b28America/ChicagoThu, 23 Jan 2014 17:08:28 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoThu, 23 Jan 2014 17:08:28 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Because if they did prove it. Do you know what that would mean?

That would change everything. People would be responsible, people would be aware that they are accountable for their actions. We would know that there are dark forces who are trying to take our souls. It would be obvious.....So the battle still continues. For now...
edit on 23-1-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Crikey.....you ask me , id say that Science, has been searching for a soul since scientific method was invented..............
Unfortunately they always sell out to the PTB for whatever reasons.................
Usually more funding......but the odd Nobel or chair too......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join