It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin, the winter olympics and Muslims...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Slowly, I've found reasons to agree with Putin and some of his comments.

As an older person, I prefer the culture I grew up in over the changes occurring now. I believe in the "melting pot" rather than "multi-culturalism" . His comments on the Muslims wanting Sharia law in Russia should go to a country that has and is dominated by Sharia law resonates with me.

I also am not particularly a huge support of gay rights. We're not going to get rid of it, but leaving it in the closet is my preferred solution...as weak as that is.LOL.

Apparently, Putin has called for some sort of coalition to fight Muslims. I'm not sure about that one, he may be visionary or pure evil.

Throw in the new one where five different countries claim information on a supposed at attack planned during the Winter Olympics and that opens the door to a new "false flag" possibility. An attack at the winter Olympics blamed on Muslim extremists.

Now there are two very possible scenarios. A legitimate attack AND a false flag attack.

I, for one, will not be attending these games.LOL

The truth may set you free...but trying to find the truth will probably cause a brain aneurism and kill you.....

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

Well, hes a great leader if you ask me, currently the greatest imo.

And yes, i believe, theres a high chance an attack will take place in Sochi. Not sure, if Putin would allow a false flag attack in russian soil, he wouldnt like to look the guy who was mocked by terrorists. It only depends on what he can make of it, he must be weighting in the pros and cons.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Assad has also called for international coalition to be formed, against the war on terror.

I feel like Assad is a puppet for the globalist agenda.

I care not about the gays. But i cant help feel that media has hyped it up into a fashion of sorts.

Anyone who messes with Russia is going to pay a dear price. Putin will flex his might and it wont be pretty.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

Of course, if one was going to commit a terrorist attack, the first thing they would do is accuse others. Create a fake "false flag". "the Israelis did it". "It was an inside job".

After all, it gives the media, bloggers, et al, all kinds of food for the paranoid.

Bottom line is Putin is in a real nasty position with this one. Anything happens, it's his fault, in opinion of the world media. Period.

If one is screwed no matter what happens, then best be screwed with the one of his own choosing??

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
From my point of view

It is not all muslims that are the target since Iran that Shia muslims are in fact Putins ally. The real target is the Sunni muslims that have become used in Saudi Arabia:s wish to create a bigger muslim empire with Salafist interpretation of the quran in the middle east.

US is being used by Saudi Arabia as a way to get muslims to support Saudi Arabia in their efforts and are playing both sides as allies of US and allies to Wahhabi movement (that is a part of the Salafist movement) that al qaeda is apart of. If US really was interested in wiping out al qaeda then the real targets would have been Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Iraq, Syria and Iran was the opposite of the Salafist movement and are in fact a target for the Salafist movement that proves that US is in a way working with al qaeda.

According to a diplomatic leak detailing the Bandar-Putin meeting in Moscow on July 31, Bandar suggested that Putin’s agreement to abandon the government of Bashar al-Assad would lead Saudi Arabia to restrain its Chechen terrorist clients who have been attacking Russian targets for years. Putin reportedly grew furious, interpreting Bandar’s offer as a warning that the Sochi games would be threatened by terrorism if Putin didn’t comply, according to opednews.com website.

tehrantimes.com...

This is like nazi germany in Europe (Saudi Arabia in the middle east) wanting lebensraum for their people and US is on the side of the aggressors. History repeats itself but the propaganda machine have become better.
edit on 22-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I might not agree with 100% of what Putin says, but I respect him for his real leadership.

We have such a bumbling bunch of idiots leading the US starting with BHO.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Nothing will happen at the Olympics.

Terrorist( and Muslims?? according to OP ) will not make Russia enemy, however, if anything happens it would highly likly it is a False flag to set foot inside the oil barrel.

Democrats loved Putin b4 he was cool.
edit on 1/22/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Interesting, I can buy the Shias being allies to Putin but only from the framework of "enemies of my enemies". I highly doubt that the Shias would be much better than the Sunnis to the west...unless I'm missing something, maybe not as pro-active, but still antipathetic to the west.

As far as the Saudis go, I feel the U.S. has bowed to European interests and their need for Saudi oil. The U.S. has for a while now, had less and less need of Saudi crude. Canada, Mexico, now Norway and fracking sources.

I believe that if Obama wasn't in power that our policy to the Saudis, at least these days, would be much, much different.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

nwtrucker

Interesting, I can buy the Shias being allies to Putin but only from the framework of "enemies of my enemies". I highly doubt that the Shias would be much better than the Sunnis to the west...unless I'm missing something, maybe not as pro-active, but still antipathetic to the west.

As far as the Saudis go, I feel the U.S. has bowed to European interests and their need for Saudi oil. The U.S. has for a while now, had less and less need of Saudi crude. Canada, Mexico, now Norway and fracking sources.

I believe that if Obama wasn't in power that our policy to the Saudis, at least these days, would be much, much different.

Depends on your definition of the west. If you meant the banking cartel then no, they are the enemy of the banking cartel (Usury) and petro dollar. If you go by Islam then Saudi Arabia have in a way fallen to Usury since they are selling their oil for debt based money. From a more harmonious version of Islam you would probably want Sufi to be the interpretation to be the majority since they are in a way the Islam version of a buddhist and would probably have a harder time falling into the duality trap behaviour that we can see fundamentalistic Islam is preaching that causes the extermination of christians in Muslim countries.

“My place is the Placeless, my trace is the Traceless ; 'Tis neither body nor soul, for I belong to the soul of the Beloved. I have put duality away, I have seen that the two worlds are one; One I seek, One I know, One I see, One I call. ” ― Rumi

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
How on earth we've managed to interweave muslims and their mortal enemies the gay community into one thread mystifies me lol.

However, Putin us exactly the kind of level headed and actually sensible leader that one would hope for. We should be looking to replicate his good points here in the west.

The two things about putin that make me laugh are americas vocal criticisms on his stance on gay rights, when so many of you agree with him and the hushed response to his comments on islam.

He is right about islam being very pushy and wanting to take over the world.....
edit on 22-1-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

The "interweave" of gay and muslim was not being a rabid fan of either and Putin's moves against both as eg.s of point that resonated with me.

As I said the dude is growing on me...he's no longer "shoot on sight"..LOL.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

When I was referring to the west, it was in general. Splitting it down further didn't seem germane.

There doesn't seem to be enough Shia's, numerically speaking to make much of a difference to the majority Sunni's. The distinction may be academic, at best.

I was a bit surprised by your Buddhist connection to the shias. Was that an analogy or is there a historical connection I'm not aware of?

edit on 22-1-2014 by nwtrucker because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The guy is actually very interesting to listen to and if you take what he says in it's intended context, he actually makes good and logical sense.

For example, all of this hoo ha about the olympic games and gay people is plain stupid. The man basically said, gay people are welcome, just don't go protesting or flaunting your sexuality in front of our children. They both sound like pretty reasonable requests to me.....

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

If we locked a Muslim extremist and a gay in the same cell, who would convert whom first?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I think there could be a very un p.c. joke in that question somewhere lol.

I think the world has less to fear from the gay community than it does the muslim world though. The latter seeks to destroy the west and convert us to a life where women are uneducated and not even allowed to leave the home unaccompanied. Men don't get of lightly either, they must have a beard as wide as a mans fist and both alcohol and bacon are banned.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

nwtrucker

When I was referring to the west, it was in general. Splitting it down further didn't seem germane.

There doesn't seem to be enough Shia's, numerically speaking to make much of a difference to the majority Sunni's. The distinction may be academic, at best.

I was a bit surprised by your Buddhist connection to the shias. Was that an analogy or is there a historical connection I'm not aware of?

edit on 22-1-2014 by nwtrucker because: spelling error

Sufi not shia.

Sufi is often regarded as the mystics of Islam. Especially Rumi is a well known Sufi Poet preaching non duality in his own words.

Sufism
en.wikipedia.org...

Rumi
en.wikipedia.org...

Can Sufism Defuse Terrorism?
content.time.com...
edit on 22-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Ah, I stand corrected.

With the current state of affairs there's plenty of collateral damage to go around no matter the sect or religion for that matter.

That being said, I tend to support Putin's sentiments.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Not to agree with Muslim terrorism, but to put things in a historical perspective..... during the times of the Tsar, the Russians conquered the areas of the Caucasus peoples who had been Muslim for centuries. They were converted, subjugated, driven out, or killed. Think American Indians (or Native Americans) and their lands and their current situations. Parked in crappy reservations with different religious views from their past. So, the peoples of the Caucasus are fighting back against their oppressors and conquerors. It's really not unexpected. It is however, in our current lexicon of Muslim Terrorists. For the record, I'm against that! But consider it from their side.... the Russians are new there. The Russians have treated the native peoples very poorly ever since they conquered the area. The natives are restless! Persian Empire Ottoman Empire, Russian Empire, and many others. It's a complicated history, but the Russians are the more recent rulers from Elsewhere. Putin wants to keep the Empire he has as well as restore much of it to pre- Fall of the Soviet Empire boundaries. And the conflict is out in the open again!

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

Good point. I wasn't aware of that aspect.

Maybe not expected, but with the Muslims in Moscow building their Mosques AND demanding more rights/Sharia Law, it's seen that they've reversed the direction of things pretty well. If it is a cultural war, it sure has a similar feel to what the Muslims are doing in Europe and to a lesser degree in North America, Asia and Australia.

If it's a war in Russia-in this case Russia started it- then it's in the same area code as "war" in the rest of the world where it wasn't "started" by the locals.

I believe Putin is pointing that out to the rest of the world and he didn't invade those regions, personally, it happened a while back. He's stuck with the situation. My reaction, I believe would be similar to his, in his role.

I guess time will tell.

edit on 23-1-2014 by nwtrucker because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

nwtrucker
Maybe not expected, but with the Muslims in Moscow building their Mosques AND demanding more rights/Sharia Law, it's seen that they've reversed the direction of things pretty well.

I cant stand extremists, and specially muslims extremists.
Whats wrong with this guys? seriously.
I hope russia takes a stand against this kind of demands by this radical groups. They'd be setting the example by not succumbing to every ridiculous demand.
here's a fine example of what I mean

top topics

<<   2 >>

join